PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Live free????

Nick G 42390
09-20-2007, 04:31 PM
Well, yesterday i recieved messages from various people on my friends list saying if enough people change their motto to: XBOX LIVE FREE that sometime in the future xbox live will be free, like the ps3 network and all that. What do you guys think? I changed my motto because it's just a motto and you never know what might happen. I dn't think it'll happen but again, just a motto and you never know so why not? What do you guys think?

Rocket
09-20-2007, 04:35 PM
I doubt it..I too get about 5 messages, but I don't believe that shit...I pay for a good network, that for the most part is always working it's best, EA servers don't count..if it becomes free, then it will probably go to hell in a hand bag, and I don't want that...could also cause a rise in prices for DLC and arcade games...

Mr Arrow
09-20-2007, 04:36 PM
I actually hope that it stays a pay service. I enjoy the quality and content of the service and would not like to see it degraded in anyway.

All we need is a crappy free service (think EA servers x10). I think the $50 I spend a year is the money well spent.

(Damn Rocket you win this one!)

Actually I'll go one step further and offer to pay more to eliminate a certain type of player....like the XBL Red Room

Clipse 2
09-20-2007, 04:45 PM
So now we have chainletters on our Live messages going around? Damn that sucks. Like Arrow and Rocket mentioned I'd also glady pay for quality online functionality, if they release a free opinion thats fine but I'd like to keep my service if its of higher quality.

Rocket
09-20-2007, 04:46 PM
I actually hope that it stays a pay service. I enjoy the quality and content of the service and would not like to see it degraded in anyway.

All we need is a crappy free service (think EA servers x10). I think the $50 I spend a year is the money well spent.

(Damn Rocket you win this one!)

Actually I'll go one step further and offer to pay more to eliminate a certain type of player....like the XBL Red Room

HAHAHA...the pen is mightier than the sword? Or is that my dell is mightier than your PC? I dunno...lol

Nick G 42390
09-20-2007, 04:49 PM
So now we have chainletters on our Live messages going around? Damn that sucks. Like Arrow and Rocket mentioned I'd also glady pay for quality online functionality, if they release a free opinion thats fine but I'd like to keep my service if its of higher quality.

Haha, that's kinda what I was thinking when I got all the messages. But, you guys do make a good point. I never thought of it as we're to get a better online gaming experiance. Now that you say that though, it makes more sense why we pay 50 bucks a month. But like someone said, can't remeber who, if they made it an option to have free gold accounts than, so be it. Some people will pay, some won't.

patches4711
09-20-2007, 04:59 PM
I got a few of these messages as well. I would rather pay $$ for a great service like live than have to worry about a free network and all the problems that come with it. The PS3 network is terrible and I can hardly bring myself to play on it.

Turbo VDuB 44
09-20-2007, 05:00 PM
Free service would bring all the crazy people out the woodwork and people wouldn't care what happened to an account because they could create another one for free and not have lost anything...i'll pay $50 as well.

Rocket hit it on the nose tho...i used to play ps2 online with EA sports games all the time...imagine nhl 08 lag and cache problems multiplied by 100....then add crazy people....ya...$50 is cheap for what we get...

Exane22
09-20-2007, 05:00 PM
Shit like this cracks me up a lil bit. Alls people do is complain about how MS only cares about money but then here we are talking about not spending money (not u guys here). Isnt that the same thing when you think about it, just we are on the other side of it. I agree with you all im happy to pay for the service. Its what gives them the ability to give us such a good service. I said it many times but the more money that MS makes off Gaming the better off gaming on MS products will be in the future. Basic economics ;) Anyways what is 4 or 5 dollars a month to play with friends and douchebags alike. Its definatly better paying for it imo.

Zef
09-20-2007, 05:15 PM
I heard that if enough people put 360 ELITE FREE in their motto then Bill gates personally flys to your house and gives you an Elite.

This is about as realistic as online petitions, Microsoft are not going to make one of their money makers free. Why would they? It's just going to be some silly rumour started by a joker, even if it is true then XBL will turn into the craptacular cathedral of woe that is the Sony equivalent.

Kaens
09-20-2007, 06:02 PM
When you pay, you have the right to bitch. When it's free, you get what they give you.

Mr Arrow
09-20-2007, 06:18 PM
I heard that if enough people put 360 ELITE FREE in their motto then Bill gates personally flys to your house and gives you an Elite.

You heard that too, yeah my friend told me this and he know's someone how already got one ......sweet!

360 ELITE FREE

twotonkoala
09-20-2007, 06:21 PM
Haha, that's kinda what I was thinking when I got all the messages. But, you guys do make a good point. I never thought of it as we're to get a better online gaming experiance. Now that you say that though, it makes more sense why we pay 50 bucks a month. But like someone said, can't remeber who, if they made it an option to have free gold accounts than, so be it. Some people will pay, some won't.

Just so you know, if you're paying 50 bucks a month, you're getting ripped off ;)

Soulfly Switch
09-20-2007, 08:42 PM
I have to say that I dont mind paying for xbox live. The service runs well 99.9% of the time. Do we really need another Playstation network? If so you can run that out of a closet. I prefer the Microsoft way. Good Service - fair price.

Cavaliers07
09-20-2007, 09:00 PM
I prefer paying for it. Imagine how slow games would be if it was free.

Anyway Microsoft would never make it free as they are always trying to take money of us

Soulfly Switch
09-20-2007, 09:33 PM
Yea but look at what you get for just 50 bucks. Not that bad. could be tons worse.

J eVeRy DaY 514
09-21-2007, 01:54 AM
Someone on my list told me this too, but i didn't believe him cause microsoft would lose so much money if they didn't charge for live.

Mr Hey
09-21-2007, 02:01 AM
Uhm, dont believe it, but my friend told me to do it the other day. Wont waste my motto for it.

Pedro7_2000
09-21-2007, 02:17 AM
I have to say that I dont mind paying for xbox live. The service runs well 99.9% of the time. Do we really need another Playstation network? If so you can run that out of a closet. I prefer the Microsoft way. Good Service - fair price.
Sooooo true. I was playing PS3 at my brother's house last week (I know, I know, where did I go wrong!). But I popped in Warhawk to see if it was any good. Message came up saying there was an update for the title, and IT WOULDN'T DOWNLOAD. It would get to about 5% and then timeout. How crappy is that?!! An online only game and no online to play it on. Worthless, just worthless.

Krueger
09-21-2007, 03:07 AM
i got a message today too this is absolutely retarded

Most Frantic
09-21-2007, 03:34 AM
I don't know why anyone would believe this... is there any way for them to even count how many people have done this? Even if there was what would be the point of them getting people to do this?

Krazie
09-21-2007, 04:07 AM
This is something that would never ever happen. Where's the business incentive in that? $50 a year for the God knows how many subscribers (i should read those stats! lol). If it was free, it wouldnt be as good as it is now, so believe me, I would much rather pay that $50 a year for such a quality service..

DaKing240
09-21-2007, 04:14 AM
The word gullible isn't in the dictionary

Fonkey Monkey
09-21-2007, 04:16 AM
come on guys, surely $4 a month isnt too much for such an excellent service as xbox live is it :s

SkillfulMmd
09-21-2007, 02:02 PM
i also think that 40 A year is a great price i mean think of how much they give you and besides if they stop the online charges they will increase the price of other stuff e.g. games,market place stuff or worse the 360 its self

Creech
09-21-2007, 02:53 PM

I removed from my FL all three people who sent me that spam. I prefer to play with non-stupid people.

Pez
09-21-2007, 03:13 PM
I've yet to recieve this piece of chainmail spam, but whoever sends me it shall be removed from my friends list. I never had a soft spot for idiots. ;)

I mean, 40 a year is cheap, less than 4 a month, how can you complain? And like Kaens said, if we pay, we have the right to complain about what we're getting; whereas if we don't pay, we have to settle with the mush they serve...

~SS

twotonkoala
09-21-2007, 03:22 PM
I removed from my FL all three people who sent me that spam. I prefer to play with non-stupid people.

Hey, that's a good idea. I just thought about sending out a message that says the same thing with put "i'm not gullible....at all" in your motto; but this is just as good.

Exane22
09-21-2007, 03:36 PM
No one on my FL has sent me a message about it but a few others sent them to me. I was pissed as hell, someone i dont even know was spamming me on live. If they were standing infront of me i would have chucked my blue dragon guide at them (its a big guide ;)) No more fucking spam please.

Rocket
09-21-2007, 04:21 PM
No one on my FL has sent me a message about it but a few others sent them to me. I was pissed as hell, someone i dont even know was spamming me on live. If they were standing infront of me i would have chucked my blue dragon guide at them (its a big guide ;)) No more fucking spam please.

I may or may not be sending you some messages now...lol...COD4...today...3pm CST...me, you, flea...

Exane22
09-21-2007, 04:22 PM
Sounds like a plan, me and you are going to have to carry flea again as always :D ...... Dont be surprised when you get smoked in the face with a guide, i have a good arm ;)

Rocket
09-21-2007, 04:25 PM
So true...he seems to wander a bit...lol...I usually die the most cause of him...bastard...

Dartmor
09-21-2007, 04:54 PM
It might sound strange, but if the service was for free it would be ruined. There are enough people already that only have a Live-Account to spoil the fun of others. Personally I would even raise the cost, so some of those people might consider it too expensive for just spoiling the fun of others.

Like some other posters in this thread already mentioned, if the service would be for free nobody would worry about damaging an account's Rep, as he could just create a new one. Besides Micorsoft would not have to worry about any quality assurance or regular maintenance as the service does not cost anything.

I have a lot of experience in MMORPGs and only for the fact that they are a cost-factor kept the communities somewhat, ... "sane" ... and integer.

Personally, I gladly pay if I get a friendly and enjoyable gaming environment in return, but to assure that XBOX Live has to go a long way. Thank god there are friends lists :)

Bullet2theface
09-21-2007, 07:35 PM
Its like an old saying, I rather have bought a good tasting candy, then to have had a free badtasting candy, well...I think its an old saying. :D

maximumpain21
09-22-2007, 12:53 AM
its annoying i get like 10 messages a day about this and i already changed my motto lol

CLAPSTER
09-22-2007, 01:49 AM
I got a message saying to change my motto to

XBOX LIVE SHOULD BE FREE

not

MAKE XBOX FREE

Oh people who doubt it why if Sony can do it heck i think Microsoft can do it and do a better job

illmatic630
09-22-2007, 04:57 AM
i put: MAKE XBOX LIVE FREE on my motto.....hopefully this stuff is true

JGFWH
09-22-2007, 09:27 AM
i put: MAKE XBOX LIVE FREE on my motto.....hopefully this stuff is true

If you believe that SPAM than you're a dumb ass!

I'll think my 55,- a year are well spended on XBL.
It's a great online service not that crappy Playstation Network.

Way Fast CBR
09-22-2007, 01:50 PM
i would put it this way, almost a million people played the halo 3 multiplayer beta, and they now have over a million pre orders, so if you go by just 1 million people using xbox live at 50 dollars a year is 50 million a year they atleast get, and i know alot of it goes to matenence and upgrading the service, but they still make alot from it and most likly wouldnt let it go for free. plus i wouldnt want the lack of upkeep of the service, i think its great now and can only get better if people pay for the service

LukeP91
09-22-2007, 03:59 PM
i got this message like 50 times when i logged online! people from all over the world are messaging me to change my motto! but its a good joke lol, a worldwide prankster... thats a first :P

Jdm
09-22-2007, 04:39 PM
i got this message like 50 times when i logged online! people from all over the world are messaging me to change my motto! but its a good joke lol, a worldwide prankster... thats a first :P

That's a LOT of spam!

I hope I don't get any of that crap.

I agree with you guys on paying for a great service. IMO, $50 is nothing. Might I add, PSN is also "nothing".;) It's free and crappy.

PSN = Piece of $hit Network

illmatic630
09-22-2007, 05:22 PM
xbox live has a great service but dont u think that microsoft has a good amount of money to make it free?

Jdm
09-22-2007, 05:30 PM
xbox live has a great service but dont u think that microsoft has a good amount of money to make it free?

M$ can easily make XBL free, but why stop the ball while it's rolling?

M$ is a gigantic corporation and they feed off money. That's what keeps them going everyday with new projects and new technology.

Let's talk about money for a second. M$ has already lost 1.9 Billion Dollars for repairs and warranties for faulty consoles.

LongJon
09-22-2007, 07:25 PM
After all the retarded motto's saying MAKE XBOX LIVE FREE that I've read I decided to change mine to 'MAKE XBOX LIVE 50' (10 more)...seriously,why do people complain about EVERYTHING? if you don't want it or are unhappy with it,DON'T BUY IT.It really is that simple.

Either that or go "play" on the PSN :p

|oneyedNewb|
09-22-2007, 07:28 PM
i put in my motto, reason why? i couldn't think of anything else to put really lol

hopesfall2win
09-22-2007, 09:12 PM
You all should be asking for free DLC instead of Live. DLC is no different than game patches for PC games, which those are free. I'd rather pay for the service and get free DLC/themes/avatars. Themes and gamerpics should be free too, its silly to charge for avatars and pre-made backgrounds.

Jdm
09-22-2007, 09:56 PM
You all should be asking for free DLC instead of Live. DLC is no different than game patches for PC games, which those are free. I'd rather pay for the service and get free DLC/themes/avatars. Themes and gamerpics should be free too, its silly to charge for avatars and pre-made backgrounds.

Now this I agree on.

Paying for XBL and receiving free DLC would be sweet, but we all know it's not going to happen. M$ can then jack up the price for XBL subscriptions.

snafegeeza
09-22-2007, 10:04 PM
Im closing this because its a spam fest.

Im surprised its been left this long TBH.

You really think that microsoft is going to take notice of all those motto's.

PMSL