PDA

View Full Version : x360a own gamer picture

SkillfulMmd
09-20-2007, 06:14 PM
hi

in case no one knew loads of other sites got given there logo as a gamer picture e.g. achievement junkie well frankly this site really should have 1 is there no way u could get 1 exclusive to people who use the site?

fatces
09-20-2007, 07:35 PM
hi

in case no one knew loads of other sites got given there logo as a gamer picture e.g. achievement junkie well frankly this site really should have 1 is there no way u could get 1 exclusive to people who use the site?

that'll be pretty cool, if it can be made, lets wait some admins see it and then we'll see;)

SkillfulMmd
09-20-2007, 07:45 PM
im behind it every step of the way maybey we can sign some online partion or sumthing to get it made

Turbo VDuB 44
09-20-2007, 07:49 PM
That is a pretty badass idea...let's see how the mods and admins feel about it

it could turn out to be another fiasco like we had with the x360a tags on our names tho....pros and cons to everything

SkillfulMmd
09-20-2007, 07:55 PM
im new to this site so what happend if u dont mind me asking

avengerRPM
09-20-2007, 08:03 PM
im new to this site so what happend if u dont mind me asking

oooh...it opened a up a huge problem.

basically, it was someone from this site againts someone from another site, and there was a death threat.

sooo. my guess is that the admins, at this time, would be very hesitant to jump at something like this, with the fallout of what just happened.

but i agree that it would be kinda of a cool idea.

Curtis
09-20-2007, 08:06 PM
Sorry, but a death threat through the internet is pathetic. Even if the guy killed him, He could just respawn...

Zef
09-20-2007, 08:06 PM
Do Microsoft do them for free? I would have thought they would charge for something like this, either to download the picture or for the site to even have them made.

Personally I would rather have a Mr.Flibble gamerpicture than an x360a one, I already have x360a on my tag so =P

SkillfulMmd
09-20-2007, 08:07 PM
sorry to drag this up but what do you mean sum 1 from this and sum 1 from another that dosent really give me much of hint

ne way i really think this site should have a gmer pic i love this site and visit it at leats 3 times a day hopefully sum how i can get the mods trust i guess

Webb
09-20-2007, 08:07 PM
This is totally different. We shall investigate ;)

SkillfulMmd
09-20-2007, 08:08 PM
well to download em it was free and i dont see why they would charge to have em made xb360a is a huge part of the 360 community and ms should respect that

cool thanks alot i really am thankfull

Nick G 42390
09-20-2007, 08:17 PM
I think some gamer pitures would be cool and a nice way to get the site more users and to spread the word even more.

Do Microsoft do them for free? I would have thought they would charge for something like this, either to download the picture or for the site to even have them made.

Personally I would rather have a Mr.Flibble gamerpicture than an x360a one, I already have x360a on my tag so =P

Who the hell is Mr. Flibble? I'm guessing his the guy in your sig picture but where's h from? Is he like a comedian or from a tv show or what?

SkillfulMmd
09-20-2007, 08:23 PM
that was my point exactaly if they make these pics its gonna kick ass

Krueger
09-20-2007, 08:25 PM
great idea hopefully something will go down and we will get one

Hyperion89
09-20-2007, 08:28 PM
The lack of grammar... it burrrrrrrns!

I like the idea. Personally I wouldn't do it, because it would likely just be x360a, and I have some pics that I'd like better.

SkillfulMmd
09-20-2007, 08:52 PM
really its just to show respect to the site and spread the word and if u can more people on the site then the site would become better.

u know what else would be cool a theme and each blade could have one of the mods

im sure the mods would like that i know i would

Birky
09-20-2007, 09:33 PM
u know what else would be cool a theme and each blade could have one of the mods

That would be really creepy... Every time i'd go to the blade with Minty I would think about how awesome his deep British accent sounds... Then worry if it was really a picture of him or a reflect of him behind me...

Bluntman428
09-20-2007, 09:36 PM
I want this done. Now. :p

And the death threat thing's pretty irrelevant to this topic. The site member who made the death threat sent a message to stripclubdj (notorious gamesaver and all around douchebag) as a joke, and stripclub, being the flaming homosexual he is, decided to make it a big deal. I still think everyone from this site should've laughed at him and let it go, cause no one would really give a shit if stripclubdj got hit by a bus to begin with.

SkillfulMmd
09-20-2007, 09:36 PM
hahah get in there uk

ne way maybey some of the members of the month

Adam Miller
09-20-2007, 09:38 PM
Iv heard this from someone before, good to see its getting looked into..would be good but im not changing my Halo 3 one for a while....did i mention im playing it right now. :)

SkillfulMmd
09-20-2007, 09:40 PM
ok, thanks for that non bias *cought* comment

at least now i know

Magooush
09-20-2007, 09:41 PM
Great Idea! I would definitely rock a x360a tag :p.
I'm surprised nobody has pointed this out but, shouldn't this be in the Feedback Forum?

Also, SkillfulMmd, Please stop double posting. If you want to add something edit your post and just put something like: "EDIT:blahblahblah". Just a helpful tip before you get an infraction or something.

Edit: I have realized the fault of this statement. It doesn't initially improve the site, so it wouldn't go into the feedback forum.. Or would it?

Cyrex
09-20-2007, 09:56 PM
if we did have a gamerpic it should be the x360a logo that we use on the site. If you are not using the newest skin then the logo is the one that is placed in all the screens

SkillfulMmd
09-20-2007, 10:04 PM
ok thanks for the information magooush ill rember that in the future.

yeah thats a cool idea to have diff pictures well its all up to the mods now lets see what they can do

Conker Rules All
09-20-2007, 10:07 PM
ya this would be so awesome like if we had it all green i would defineatly use it and back it up all the way

DoM cAbAn
09-20-2007, 10:23 PM
That's a pretty neat idea. It would definately spread the word around the site real good, and I think I'd use one for my GamerPic. :p

SkillfulMmd
09-20-2007, 10:25 PM
cool more surport

i know i would use it as my gp it would be sweet

hey maybey they could give gamer picture or theme ti peps who have posted a certain amount of time that would then give peps a goal

e.g. 10 post 1 gamer pic

e.g. 50 post 3 gamer pic

e.g. 100 post theme

e.g. 150 1 rare gp

and so on i dont know if you mods could do that cause u would have to work with ms alot

avengerRPM
09-21-2007, 12:05 AM
yeah man, that probably pushing it. the only way, really, to ensure that only people who have done what they were supposed to would be to do it with redeem codes, and im sure that would not be worth it.

just one gamerpic would be enough. we dont need to try and one-up the other sites.

Cyrex
09-21-2007, 12:53 AM
also it would not being 10 posts and what not you would need about 100 posts and for the rare one it would be 750 posts. People really need to be more active here and not come and post until they get on the leaderboard and then leave

SkillfulMmd
09-21-2007, 07:39 AM
ok,never mind bout more gmer pics.

P1NSEEKER
09-21-2007, 07:54 AM
I do like the idea of gamerpics though.

I dunno if it is actually possible.

Scotian Bred
09-21-2007, 07:58 AM
Maybe going through OXM .. they seem to do alot of exclusive Gamerpics through thier OXM discs .. It has all the potential in the world and alot of downfall , we all know how jealous people can get !

P.S - this thread starter mucked up the name .. xb360a just doesn't have the ring to it as x360a ! don't mind me just bieng nit picky :P

italianstallion
09-21-2007, 08:03 AM
The fact that other community sites already have there own (entire gamercastnetwork& gamerscoreblog) helps the chances of x360a eventuallly getting one on the Marketplace. Support the community ones that are out now, that will send a good message to microsoft that people are interested in community pics.

Pez
09-21-2007, 08:14 AM
I think it's a great idea.

To make it a bit safer, it could be put on the marketplace, but you would need a code to download it. The admins and mods could be all given the codes, and they can share it with who they feel is worthy of having it.

Therefore, no more risky business like people giving this site a bad name by misbehaving with x360a in their name.

I'm in love with my GamerPic at the moment, so if it was any better than my current GamerPic, I'd use it. ;)

~SS

P1NSEEKER
09-21-2007, 08:26 AM
P.S - this thread starter mucked up the name .. xb360a just doesn't have the ring to it as x360a ! don't mind me just bieng nit picky :P

Amended :p

SkillfulMmd
09-21-2007, 09:25 AM
ok cool thanks you guys have helped me alot and improved my idea.

Minty
09-21-2007, 09:34 AM
Thanks for all the responses guys, we are setting the wheels in motion to find out what needs to be done.

SkillfulMmd
09-21-2007, 09:49 AM
thanks alot minty and all the other mods

so do guys know any more