PDA

View Full Version : Achievement Discussion

JuSt BLaZe
10-30-2012, 04:43 PM
Discuss anything regarding the achievements in this thread. The list can be found HERE! (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/dead-island-riptide/achievements/)

Release Dates:

US: April 23, 2013
EU: April 26, 2013

Thai J
04-09-2013, 05:16 AM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/dead-island-riptide/achievements/

No values yet, but at least the descriptions are out. Looks pretty easy.

Purple Hooter
04-09-2013, 12:19 PM
Yeah, I'm waiting the values as well.

I am kind of surprised that there isnt 50 achievements for this title.

GeneralCurry726
04-09-2013, 01:45 PM
I'm just happy that there are only 2 coop achievements. You only need one person to do them too!

kestrel
04-09-2013, 02:15 PM
Anyone know if these Achievements are multiplayer related? I did see the "Obtain Level 50" and 70 but wasn't sure if they could be done cooperatively.

Skorpion XBA
04-09-2013, 02:33 PM
So if we import a level 50 character, do we get an achievement instantly?

JuSt BLaZe
04-09-2013, 03:03 PM
No values yet, but at least the descriptions are out. Looks pretty easy.

Yeah, I'm waiting the values as well.

I am kind of surprised that there isnt 50 achievements for this title.
Yeah there are only 35 but I wouldn't underestimate them.

I'm just happy that there are only 2 coop achievements. You only need one person to do them too!
Agreed. Getting more people together at the same time is always annoying even with Trading Threads.

Anyone know if these Achievements are multiplayer related? I did see the "Obtain Level 50" and 70 but wasn't sure if they could be done cooperatively.

I'm pretty sure they are like in Dead Island, you can rank up in the campaign (+COOP), you start with a LV1 character and kill your way up the food chain.

So if we import a level 50 character, do we get an achievement instantly?
IF the option is given, but I doubt that you will be able to import a LV50 character, that would fuck up the game right from the start. You will maybe get LV15 character or something like that. Pretty sure about this!

Skorpion XBA
04-09-2013, 03:19 PM
IF the option is given, but I doubt that you will be able to import a LV50 character, that would fuck up the game right from the start. You will maybe get LV15 character or something like that. Pretty sure about this!

The option will be given and from what I've read it'll be the same stats from the first game. They wanted players to contiue leveling up, hence leveling to 70.

LINK (http://www.joystiq.com/2012/08/31/dead-island-riptide-2013/)

Annalie
04-09-2013, 03:28 PM
Sweet, so i can keep my level 50 Xian. :)

JuSt BLaZe
04-09-2013, 04:11 PM
The option will be given and from what I've read it'll be the same stats from the first game. They wanted players to contiue leveling up, hence leveling to 70.

LINK (http://www.joystiq.com/2012/08/31/dead-island-riptide-2013/)

Well then you've answered your own question!

Purple Hooter
04-09-2013, 04:24 PM
Its cool if you can import all the character stats, but I'll be starting from scratch.

I honestly dont think my original save from D.I. made it to my R2-D2 xbox.

Jack Frost
04-09-2013, 04:36 PM
Kill 100 monsters with the charge attack?

Do they really like Sam B.'s charge attack that much or are they giving this ability to the other characters?

Charging and killing a Ram in the first game was bad enough, I don't want to play Sam B. for longer than I have to...

Thai J
04-09-2013, 06:10 PM
I posted this in the comments as well but what if this was the ultimate developer troll and the game was actually 35 achievements for 0G? I know it's not but that would almost be funny.

Skorpion XBA
04-09-2013, 06:26 PM
Well then you've answered your own question!

:biglaugh I guess you're right lol. Or I hope you're right, rather.

MeonOner
04-09-2013, 10:47 PM
Like how all achievements are worth 0:gsicon: lol. But with that being said achievement list does not look to bad. Just a big scavenger hunt with all the collectibles.

I_Love_Ch33v0s
04-12-2013, 07:48 PM
http://exophase.com/game/dead-island-riptide-xbox/achievements/

Values here

JuSt BLaZe
04-12-2013, 09:23 PM
http://exophase.com/game/dead-island-riptide-xbox/achievements/

Values here

Oh damn including some story-related secret cheevos!

Annalie
04-14-2013, 05:31 PM
This proves to be an easy 1000G. i seriously hope we can import our Level 50 characters. so that would just leave getting to level 70. the only achievement i'm worried about because leveling got pretty damn slow the higher it got.

FrozenRaptorz
04-14-2013, 07:53 PM
I'm pretty excited to be able to use my character from the first one. Purna and I are pretty tight. She has a thing for us midwestern guys who like to stab things.

Ninja Eagle
04-15-2013, 06:36 AM
I'm pretty excited to be able to use my character from the first one. Purna and I are pretty tight. She has a thing for us midwestern guys who like to stab things.
Definitely. I can't wait to come back to my Sam B!

Achievements look way different from the original. Not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing.

GeneralCurry726
04-15-2013, 12:48 PM
Definitely. I can't wait to come back to my Sam B!

Achievements look way different from the original. Not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing.

Good thing IMO. The fewer the coop achievements, the better. I'd rather just play this with friends for fun rather than searching the forums for a person to do a ton of coop achievements with.

The People Person achievement in the first dead island comes to mind...

Barad
04-15-2013, 09:32 PM
Standard list + lots of secrets. Never played Dead Island after hearing about all the bugs but want to try this for sure.

Thai J
04-16-2013, 08:25 AM
Standard list + lots of secrets. Never played Dead Island after hearing about all the bugs but want to try this for sure.

The first game was great with friends. I personally did not run into any bugs that come to mind so maybe I was lucky. It sounded like a lot of people had some pretty nasty ones.

JuSt BLaZe
04-16-2013, 10:21 AM
The first game was great with friends. I personally did not run into any bugs that come to mind so maybe I was lucky. It sounded like a lot of people had some pretty nasty ones.

Agreed it is a shitload of fun if you play with friends. Also the COOP drop in/out system is very exemplary, so easy and fast.

About the bugs and glitches well I really didn't mind them since I was stunned by the environment and the action that is going on ALL THE TIME!

amacteur
04-19-2013, 08:52 AM
Agreed it is a shitload of fun if you play with friends. Also the COOP drop in/out system is very exemplary, so easy and fast.

^ This is exactly why I really enjoyed the first one.

I wish they had included more achievements in Riptide but the list is still awesome :)

Fenix66D
04-22-2013, 02:19 PM
Sweet, so i can keep my level 50 Xian. :)
Oh my! I'm so disappointed now...I deleted my Dead Island saved games:eek:

Annalie
04-22-2013, 03:01 PM
Oh my! I'm so disappointed now...I deleted my Dead Island saved games:eek:

Why would you delete the saves? :eek: i never do that because of things like importing to sequels.

aspeedomodel
04-22-2013, 03:10 PM
So it's been confirmed if you import a level 50 character you get an instant achievement?

Annalie
04-22-2013, 03:42 PM
So it's been confirmed if you import a level 50 character you get an instant achievement?

I'm trying to find someone who knows. for now i'm just searching through youtube.

Skorpion XBA
04-22-2013, 03:59 PM
I'm trying to find someone who knows. for now i'm just searching through youtube.

Judging by gamers' scores on TA, I'd say so.

SOURCE (http://www.trueachievements.com/Dead-Island-Riptide/achievements.htm)

JuSt BLaZe
04-22-2013, 04:07 PM

That's exactly what I was thinking!

Annalie
04-22-2013, 04:09 PM

Ok thanks. yay:Bounce:

aspeedomodel
04-22-2013, 04:29 PM

Well that's a good sign. Thanks for this.

Santa 8aby
04-23-2013, 02:06 AM
It doesn't pop immediately but you'll get it during the first combat of the prologue.

JuSt BLaZe
04-23-2013, 11:14 AM
It doesn't pop immediately but you'll get it during the first combat of the prologue.

Yup but it popped for me as soon as I used my first MEDKIT, after the explosion. Started with a LV60 character (8 577 742 XP / 9 523 563 XP to LV61) and also my skill-set is the same. I wonder if I can respec them, not that I really need to! Oh and the zombies are LV60-LV64 too, obviously.

Most important:

Glory Hound LV3 - +150% XP for kills and assists! Oh yeah.

JACKPOT LV3 - Rare loot chance +15%

aspeedomodel
04-23-2013, 12:21 PM
Thank you! Looking forward to getting this.

KILLING5PR33
04-27-2013, 11:16 PM
Does anyone have issues on certain collectibles not showing up on inventory but on the achievement counter it shows up? Same thing as dead zones , it shows i have 3 but on the inventory it only shows 2. Now sure why this is happening!!!

JuSt BLaZe
04-28-2013, 11:15 AM
Does anyone have issues on certain collectibles not showing up on inventory but on the achievement counter it shows up? Same thing as dead zones , it shows i have 3 but on the inventory it only shows 2. Now sure why this is happening!!!

Nope, picked every single one up and they show up in my inventory and every achievement unlocked at the right time. Maybe you played some COOP and then this happened!?

I did them all in SP.

BOMB SQUIRREL
04-29-2013, 06:39 PM
Alright. At the beginning of the game when the quest started I was unable to obtain the items until later on. 0 (only other quest not done was the point of no return) and this is starting to annoy me. Any help?

RandomHero92
04-29-2013, 10:15 PM
It shouldn't be hard to 1000 this. Just gonna take a while :p

JuSt BLaZe
04-30-2013, 07:53 AM
Alright. At the beginning of the game when the quest started I was unable to obtain the items until later on. 0 (only other quest not done was the point of no return) and this is starting to annoy me. Any help?

Sure, here you go (if you not already have unlocked it and if that's the one you're asking for since your topic says Mines go boom):

Dead Island Riptide - The Hurt Mine Locker Trophy / Achievement Guide - YouTube

MattDares
07-01-2013, 06:52 PM
I found all the achievements easy to get

CoreOfBrutality
07-11-2013, 03:24 PM
I have one achievement left, and that is just out of pure laziness, since it is super simple, just havent bothered with it, maybe ill get it this weekend. Its the one where you have to blow up 10 zombies with one mine. for people not knowing how to do this. Just kill 9 zombies around the same area without cutting off their limbs, then lure number 10 into a mine in that area. fairly simple. I guess im blind and didnt notice that the guy above posted a vid how to do it

Buruma
09-15-2013, 03:54 PM
I was thinking about rushing through the game the first time around with a co-op partner, just to get the achievement for doing the story missions in co-op, but now I have a few weapons in my inventory that I don't want to lose. If you complete the story and start over on New Game + with the same character, does your inventory get wiped or do you get to keep all of your previous game's goods and upgraded items?