PDA

View Full Version : PlayStation Home PostPWNED

Weapon 117
09-20-2007, 09:39 PM
Kaz Hirai, the President of Sony Computer Entertainment, has just announced at the company's TGS 07 press conference that the launch of PlayStation Home has been pushed back to Spring 2008. Hirai also announced at the event the DualShock 3, a SIXAXIS controller with rumble.

PlayStation Home is a community-based service for the PlayStation Network that serves as a meeting place for PS3 users from around the world, where they can interact, communicate, join online games, shop, share content and even build their own personal spaces.

Home was originally scheduled to be released at the end of this year.

Source: http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/14584/PlayStation-Home-PostPWNED/

Zef
09-20-2007, 10:44 PM
So the controller that doesn't need a rumble feature is now worming its way back to being a rumble controller. At least they held off for a year or so.

Good to see Sony are still screwing up, Bill still loves them.

thecrazyguy
09-21-2007, 07:35 AM
Gotta say i'm dissapointed by this. Since hearing about it, i've been realy excited to try out home. Sucks to have to wait till next spring now. Oh well, hopefully they can take that time to help home really realize it's potential.

Jdm
09-22-2007, 08:30 PM
Sony...you keep disappointing me more and more.:mad:

I have no Home and no Rumble technology in my current controller. What are you going to do about that?

Answer: Nothing.

Bullet2theface
10-06-2007, 02:10 AM
Sony....wow...just wow

PerpetualHeaven
10-06-2007, 04:32 AM
Sony...you keep disappointing me more and more.:mad:

I have no Home and no Rumble technology in my current controller. What are you going to do about that?

Answer: Nothing.

Why would you have home in your controller? ;) And be patient, you'll be able to buy rumble controllers soon enough. Basically everything they should have done in 07 has been set back for 08. 08 is Sonys year to come back in the game. If 2008 is not a successful year, they're either screwed or will be like the PS2 and make a ton of sales near the end of it's life.

Jdm
10-06-2007, 07:59 AM
Why would you have home in your controller? ;) And be patient, you'll be able to buy rumble controllers soon enough. Basically everything they should have done in 07 has been set back for 08. 08 is Sonys year to come back in the game. If 2008 is not a successful year, they're either screwed or will be like the PS2 and make a ton of sales near the end of it's life.

NO! I refuse to believe that, PH!:p

Well, I hope I can do more with my damn PS3 than just listen to Music and watch Blu-Rays. It's just so frustrating, to own a Gaming console, but not to play games on it.

Just remember kids, the PS3 is a Gaming Console first and a Entertainment System second.;)

P.S. I still don't know what roman numeral value is PH.:p

PerpetualHeaven
10-06-2007, 12:38 PM
NO! I refuse to believe that, PH!:p

Well, I hope I can do more with my damn PS3 than just listen to Music and watch Blu-Rays. It's just so frustrating, to own a Gaming console, but not to play games on it.

Just remember kids, the PS3 is a Gaming Console first and a Entertainment System second.;)

P.S. I still don't know what roman numeral value is PH.:p

Dude, you didn't even purchase and/or rent Heavenly Sword, Warhawk, or Motorstorm? Unless those styles of games don't fit you in which I feel very sorry for you. But yes, very short list if you already own the 360 :p You obviously probably squeezed the juice out of Resistance already. There's always playing an awesomely updated version of Ninja Gaiden with loads of extra content? :D I don't know if you've tried Folklore yet but it looks pretty darn good. IGN has been masterbating to that one. So basically you're stuck with these for the time being:

-fLow (Arcade like game)
-Heavenly Sword
-Motorstorm
-Ninja Gaiden Sigma
-Folklore (Haven't played it but from the gameplay videos it looks pretty tight)
-Resistance
-War Hawk
-Piyotama (Arcade like game; $2.99 by the way :eek:)
-Super Star Dush HD (Arcade like game; IGN said Geometry Wars met it's match double :eek:)

Small and petit list but I think it should get the job done until Ratchet and Clank tools of destruction comes out on Oct 30th. And if you've ever played them, you know there's no way for them to disappoint. They always make such fun games. Plus (I know you're going to laugh), Eye of Judgment comes out the week before. There's no way you can't even try that game out even if it sounds or might play stupid, it looks pretty cool. Most of the arcade ones are puzzle games anyways.

By the way, some say I'm pretty acidic and others like to say I'm pretty basic but I say I'm all neutral baby.. Pure Water.. Numero 7 on the pH scale :woop:

Edit: Check out the IGN video review of Folklore -
http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/826/826967/vids_1.html

Go there and pick the first one to the top left. It should be the review. It really depends on your taste though if you're going to like this game a lot. From what I see, it's my kind of style.

Jdm
10-06-2007, 01:36 PM
I'll go with your suggestions PH.

fLOW - I've never tried it, but I'll at least download the demo to see how it is.

Heavenly Sword - The game looks really good, but sadly I haven't even tried out the demo.

MotorStorm - This is actually a game I wanted to buy, but I decided not to. Looks like a renter, but I'll give it a shot.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma - Looks like fun, but really...it's not for me.

Folklore - Haven't heard much about it, but it's not for me.

Resistance - I own it and I've only played it once. Literally once. Not for me at all.

War Hawk - Definitely not for me.

Piyotama - $2.99? OK, this can't be beat. I'll buy it.

Super Star Dush HD - I'll pass since it's similar to Geometry War.

I'm not a "picky" gamer. I'll actually play almost anything, but some games just don't intrigue me.

Thanks for the suggestions PH! I think I'll call you PH7 from now on. Haha, it sounds like a cold medicine.:p

W. Samuel Jones III
10-06-2007, 02:40 PM
I play Heavenly Sword all the time.

Great game.

killlah631
10-06-2007, 05:04 PM
It's amazing how much Microsoft is taking over. Back when it was PS2 and regular Xbox...I would not even play Xbox at all, it was all about PS2...now it's the complete opposite, Sony just keeps on screwing up.

PerpetualHeaven
10-06-2007, 11:26 PM
I'll go with your suggestions PH.

fLOW - I've never tried it, but I'll at least download the demo to see how it is.

Heavenly Sword - The game looks really good, but sadly I haven't even tried out the demo.

MotorStorm - This is actually a game I wanted to buy, but I decided not to. Looks like a renter, but I'll give it a shot.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma - Looks like fun, but really...it's not for me.

Folklore - Haven't heard much about it, but it's not for me.

Resistance - I own it and I've only played it once. Literally once. Not for me at all.

War Hawk - Definitely not for me.

Piyotama - $2.99? OK, this can't be beat. I'll buy it.

Super Star Dush HD - I'll pass since it's similar to Geometry War.

I'm not a "picky" gamer. I'll actually play almost anything, but some games just don't intrigue me.

Thanks for the suggestions PH! I think I'll call you PH7 from now on. Haha, it sounds like a cold medicine.:p

Jesus you are a picky gamer ;) Just messing. But I understand most of them though. There is a particular taste to most of them. At least you didn't say no to Ratchet and Clank. How can you not like that game? Awesome action/adventure game.

It's amazing how much Microsoft is taking over. Back when it was PS2 and regular Xbox...I would not even play Xbox at all, it was all about PS2...now it's the complete opposite, Sony just keeps on screwing up.

Touche, my friend, Touche. It really, again, depends on patience. Almost all Sony buyers are waiting for a minimum $100 to come off the current price tag in the North America. That's pretty much the hint I'm getting. It's just basically too expensive. If they came out with a similar price to the 360, the PS3 would have sold like hot cakes. Microsoft, unlike Sony, isn't trying to make money off their consoles. Sony on the other hand is and thats why they set up a steep price. 2008 is their year to shine and they have to play it smart with a price drop and make sure their exclusives are released on time and have proper quality control.

I'm too eagerly waiting for a price drop. I would like to buy a PS3 for those games I listed, but to be honest, my games list is pretty full at the moment so summer looks like the time I'll buy one and hopefully there's a nice drop in the price during that time. Sony just needs to play the smart game from here on. I mean the PSP slim did surprisingly well. If they just play smart and not be dumb like they always are, they could at least catch up.

Jdm
10-07-2007, 06:28 AM
Jesus you are a picky gamer ;) Just messing. But I understand most of them though. There is a particular taste to most of them. At least you didn't say no to Ratchet and Clank. How can you not like that game? Awesome action/adventure game.

Yeah, I'll give Ratchet and Clank a try. It looks like tons of fun.

I guess I'm picky because of my 360. It set a whole new standard for me, as for gaming.

SegaSaturnSNK
10-07-2007, 02:22 PM

I guess I'm picky because of my 360. It set a whole new standard for me, as for gaming.

Is it because games are 60 bucks right? Because I know I'm picky when it comes to buying 360 games. I remember buying some games for 60 bucks like Rumble Roses back then, and others and I felt ripped off. A lot of these games aren't worth the price of 60 dollars. Games like Gears of War, Marvel Alliance, COD3, and etc. were worth the 60 dollars for me. Plus, a lot of games now days are short as hell with the price of 60 bucks. Totally not worth it. Might as well wait for it to be used at Gamestop for 20 bucks or less, play it for 6 days, and return it to get your full cash back.

PerpetualHeaven
10-07-2007, 11:31 PM

I think most of the games that I listed are pretty on par with 360 retail and arcade games (not counting Gears that game is just too good). But most PS3 games have a hint of Japanese style to them since well Sony is a Japanese company. Same deal with the Wii. The style that's there is so much different even when Western developers make them.

Jdm
10-08-2007, 12:46 PM
Is it because games are 60 bucks right? Because I know I'm picky when it comes to buying 360 games. I remember buying some games for 60 bucks like Rumble Roses back then, and others and I felt ripped off. A lot of these games aren't worth the price of 60 dollars. Games like Gears of War, Marvel Alliance, COD3, and etc. were worth the 60 dollars for me. Plus, a lot of games now days are short as hell with the price of 60 bucks. Totally not worth it. Might as well wait for it to be used at Gamestop for 20 bucks or less, play it for 6 days, and return it to get your full cash back.

^^^Usually I'll head over to eBay or Amazon.com for bargains. I rarely buy games in the stores. I hate paying the retail price for anything. I do however, buy games and accessories at FYE. I have a Backstage Pass for discounts. Just recently, I picked up the Legendary Edition of Halo 3 for $116.99.

It's not so much the price of games, but the quality of games. You and I are alike. We don't mind forking money for "good" games.

I think most of the games that I listed are pretty on par with 360 retail and arcade games (not counting Gears that game is just too good). But most PS3 games have a hint of Japanese style to them since well Sony is a Japanese company. Same deal with the Wii. The style that's there is so much different even when Western developers make them.

^^^You gave me a great list of games, PH!

That's something I needed since I haven't done jack with my PS3, gaming wise that is.

Sony and Nintendo are the Japanese favorites when it comes to the gaming industry. They would rather choose Final Fantasy over Halo any day! M$ really needs to do something to attract the Japanese consumers.

PerpetualHeaven
10-08-2007, 09:10 PM
Touche. I don't know why but I prefer that Japanese style in some of my games. It's refreshing sometimes because of all the Western FPS. Blue Dragon was definitely a much needed cup of water for me. Same with Eternal Sonata.

On a side note, Sony is re-releasing the 40GB model for 399$US :woop: Looks like I'm getting one this Christmas now. The 360 pro is 349 but the elite is around 420$US so now the PS3 is competitively priced.

SegaSaturnSNK
10-09-2007, 12:13 AM
The 360 pro is 349 but the elite is around 420 so now the PS3 is competitively priced.

Not as much knowing that the Pro and Elite will have two free games now. 400 bucks is great for a blu ray dvd player but I think people might prefer getting a Pro or an Elite with 2 free games and games that don't suck.

If I had the money, I would of bought a PS3 for 400 bucks or hell, I'll wait for another price drop. Just mainly want one to watch blu ray movies.

PerpetualHeaven
10-09-2007, 04:29 AM
Not as much knowing that the Pro and Elite will have two free games now. 400 bucks is great for a blu ray dvd player but I think people might prefer getting a Pro or an Elite with 2 free games and games that don't suck.

If I had the money, I would of bought a PS3 for 400 bucks or hell, I'll wait for another price drop. Just mainly want one to watch blu ray movies.

Where would you get 2 free games with that? The packages I saw on Best buy and EB games don't come with free games and this is checking the canadian and american sites. But hey for me, there are games out right now that I would really like to play. I always play my PS2 here and there just so I don't forget what a Sony controller feels like. For me, I'm a hardcore gamer. I can't really put a price on my need to have all the consoles. I need them all so I can play all their games. Hopefully by the end of school year (April) I own all three.

Jdm
10-09-2007, 10:19 AM
Where would you get 2 free games with that? The packages I saw on Best buy and EB games don't come with free games and this is checking the canadian and american sites. But hey for me, there are games out right now that I would really like to play. I always play my PS2 here and there just so I don't forget what a Sony controller feels like. For me, I'm a hardcore gamer. I can't really put a price on my need to have all the consoles. I need them all so I can play all their games. Hopefully by the end of school year (April) I own all three.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=41095

^^^Thanks to Pants! I believe the 2 game deal is being released more toward to X-mas season.

Sony bringing back the 40GB HDD for $399 is great news! I can get my bros one for X-mas.

SegaSaturnSNK
10-09-2007, 02:51 PM

I'm a hardcore gamer but I don't own all three consoles. I'm good with the 360 and I have zero interest for the PS3/Wii. Gaming isn't what it use to be so I'm not totally into the whole next gen. I rather much play my Saturn, Genesis, Dreamcast, SNES, and NES over what we have now days. But I don't think to be a hardcore gamer, you need all the next gen consoles or all consoles in general. I really don't see nothing great in the Wii/PS3 just yet. Even though Mario Galaxy is going to be nice.

And Jdm answered and provided the link for you about 360's carrying two free games.

PerpetualHeaven
10-09-2007, 04:47 PM
I'm a hardcore gamer but I don't own all three consoles. I'm good with the 360 and I have zero interest for the PS3/Wii. Gaming isn't what it use to be so I'm not totally into the whole next gen. I rather much play my Saturn, Genesis, Dreamcast, SNES, and NES over what we have now days. But I don't think to be a hardcore gamer, you need all the next gen consoles or all consoles in general. I really don't see nothing great in the Wii/PS3 just yet. Even though Mario Galaxy is going to be nice.

And Jdm answered and provided the link for you about 360's carrying two free games.

Well for me personally, there's no way I can miss all those exclusives. I would feel like I'm screwing myself out on everything. For the Wii I would miss all the mario games, super smash brothers, metroid prime, zelda, etc and for the PS3 would be games like Folklore, Heavenly Sword, Ratchet and Clank, next-gen Jak and Daxter, God of War, Socom, etc. Those are quality games I just really can't live without. For me there is no substitution. The 360 alone does not cut it.

SegaSaturnSNK
10-09-2007, 05:58 PM
Well for me personally, there's no way I can miss all those exclusives. I would feel like I'm screwing myself out on everything. For the Wii I would miss all the mario games, super smash brothers, metroid prime, zelda, etc and for the PS3 would be games like Folklore, Heavenly Sword, Ratchet and Clank, next-gen Jak and Daxter, God of War, Socom, etc. Those are quality games I just really can't live without. For me there is no substitution. The 360 alone does not cut it.

That's cool, I myself don't feel like I'm missing out on anything from the other two consoles. I was never big on Nintendo nor Sony, I was more of a Sega person. If Sega had a console right now, I would be owning a Sega console and a 360 as for the others, I would feel the same and not care. I guess the SegaSaturnSNK gives away my fanboyism for Sega lol even though they pretty much haven't been doing anything great for the past serveral yeaars.

Sorry for been off topic, I shall stop.