PDA

View Full Version : Harmony Chain *spoilers?*

Houseplant
09-21-2007, 08:37 PM
What is the Harmony Chain?

You get it at party level 4 and it is supposed to extend 24 point + echo attacks, how do I do that?

The Pants Party
09-21-2007, 08:42 PM
No clue... I've got a few, but they seem to have been random and I didn't even see any extra damage or healing from them. I'm doing fine without them, so they're not essential to beating any boss from what I can tell.

CaMacabre
09-21-2007, 08:54 PM
The Harmony Chain is wonderful. All it means is fill the flute or echo chain on the right side of the screen up to 24 at least. After doing so hit the Y button and it allows a special attack. [Note: You have to equip seperate types of magic in the slots] Whilst the special attack is in action, you can chain it by tapping Y again at the right time. At level 4 you can only do this once. Level 5 twice (Once with a nearby partner)

Note: When you reach party level 3(?) it allows you to set special attacks as so for Beat.

Fire Blast
Rapid Shooter
&
Power Smash
Rapid Shooter

Now if you have these equpied you can attack an enemy with two special attacks in the LIGHT. A dark special attack will not harmony because it is the same skill for both.

Harmony attacks with Chopin as the final in the light can do 400,000 easily.

Houseplant
09-21-2007, 08:56 PM
Alright, thanks.

I wish the game actually gave a tutorial on that when you got party level 4.

The Pants Party
09-21-2007, 09:03 PM
When do you know when to press Y a second time? I've never noticed any indication on the screen...

P.S. welcome to the site and great first post!

CaMacabre
09-21-2007, 09:16 PM
In the middle, directly above the Items and attack/ counter attack area.

You can also just tap Y a lot, it doesn't fail often.

The Pants Party
09-21-2007, 09:36 PM
Sounds good man, thanks for the info. I've been using the double-equipped specials but never knew how to activate the Harmony Chain. Nice for Polka because she can use Orange Glow to heal herself and then Earth Heal to heal everyone else in the same turn.