PDA

View Full Version : Faith Restored?

Webb
09-22-2007, 02:41 PM
So I've been playing the demo for quite a while now trying to see whether they are back on track after the decent but disappointing PES 6 and decided to create a list of pro's and cons....

+ Passing seems more fluid. Can actually play a passing game which is something that FIFA really fails to emulates.

+ Some great new kicking animations (the ball not the players :p)

+ Good players with good dribbling truly seem to have an advantage now. Beating players with the likes of Ronaldo is great fun.

+ Goal celebrations include the substitutes sometimes. It's a great touch.

+ More options in the goal replay area

- Crowd still look terrible from a far

+ When zooming in on the crowd, they look great

- Music is still terrible

+ Menus got a revamp visually and look great

+ Player models look great

+ The game seems fun again!

- The AI of your team mates seems a bit off at times

+ Goalkeepers can now kick the ball as soon as they pick it up. Helps counter attack and was annoying that they held on to the ball in the last few versions.

- I personally had some frame rate issues at times.

A lot better in my opinion and is still going to be the best football game out after playing both demos. Improvements? Yes. Many? Not really. It feels good to play. Lets hope the rest of the game is as good.

james
09-22-2007, 02:49 PM
i agree with yer there webb 1 other negative the penalty camera now that is just plain stupid how can you prepare to save a shot or score with a camera like that.

Webb
09-22-2007, 03:06 PM
Oh... I never had a penalty so wouldn't have known that :p lol

james
09-22-2007, 03:46 PM
hehe lol you would definately think it is stupid I have only saved 1 so far and scoring them is hard

also with this have you found that you tackle using a slide and you always get booked and some tackles aint that bad. CPU free-kicks also another thing has anyone conceded a goal from a free kick yet against CPU

snafegeeza
09-22-2007, 09:54 PM
The demo is excellent, looking like a great footy title.

I just hope the multiplayer is sorted from the start.

The penelty angle is terrible I have to agree, I dont know what they were thinking with this.

JJBDude
09-23-2007, 01:15 PM
I did enjoy the demo, doesn't seem much different to PES6 though in my opinion. Still it's fun, and that makes me happy. :)

dandoc2
09-23-2007, 10:29 PM
Music is rubbish
Penalties i dont like at all
The frame rate seems a little bad at times

Tackling is awful

But.......but having played it for 20 matches im starting to enjoy it - it seems more like a proper football sim - more pro evo 5 than 4 but i prefered 05 anyways

I hated pes6 at first but having just sold it i can say it was one of my fav games

desai100
09-26-2007, 09:38 PM
you can take on players way too easy. Whats up with that. Another problem is Premier League licensed teams. They really need to get it sorted. Otherwise, with these achievements should be worth it.

ever31
10-08-2007, 03:08 PM
some of the players look ace, and spurs are fully licensed so im proper happy

Every premiership player screen shots:

http://www.pcaction.de/?menu=browser...ew=yes&page=22 (http://www.pcaction.de/?menu=browser&mode=article&article_id=615770&entity_id=-1&image_id=705288&overview=yes&page=22)

Some nice detail on our LICENCED kit and Lennon is bang on.

does anyone know if you can save the replays this time round?

Webb
10-08-2007, 03:18 PM
I'd be shocked if you couldn't save replays this time. I just think last time, they rushed the game out and had to cut some stuff out.

xJoex
10-09-2007, 06:56 PM
^^ In the replay menu thing, the X option id greyed out... I hope that its a 'Save Replay' option :D

desai100
10-16-2007, 08:55 PM
some of the players look ace, and spurs are fully licensed so im proper happy

Every premiership player screen shots:

http://www.pcaction.de/?menu=browser...ew=yes&page =22 (http://www.pcaction.de/?menu=browser&mode=article&article_id=615770&entity_id=-1&image_id=705288&overview=yes&page=22)

Some nice detail on our LICENCED kit and Lennon is bang on.

I checked the images out and 4 out of 5 players are absolutely pathetic or average.

And why do they always seem to get the wrong hair colour for some people? (Scholes in pro evo 5 had blonde hair???)
In this one Nicky butt has black hair and bale looks absolutely rubbish. Mind you most of them are better than FIFA.