PDA

View Full Version : high gamer score= snob?

SkillfulMmd
09-22-2007, 04:11 PM
hi

now im not calling every one with a high gamer score snobs.But most people with high gamer score think there better than you.I know my gamer score isnt high but i have lots of fun with my buddies online and i only go for achievements when there of. So what i think is u wont have really really good friends you will just have boosters or leachers and that just ruins the fun of online gaming.

once again there are cool high gamer score players so this ISNT aimed at every one

what do you guys think

Cold Rival
09-22-2007, 04:14 PM
When ever there's an option to be anonymos, some people will just be a jerk. It's not just restricted to those with high gamerscore. They feel that because they're sitting infront of a TV that they're completly safe, and nothing will get them. There's a not a hell of a lot you can do about this, other than just mute the annoying little fuckers!

Rise above it dude.

Ash3n
09-22-2007, 04:27 PM
Your Gamerscore has to be over 30k in order for me to respond. Sorry.

SkillfulMmd
09-22-2007, 04:32 PM
Your Gamerscore has to be over 30k in order for me to respond. Sorry.

haha thats exactaly whats there like

Jdm
09-22-2007, 04:32 PM
hi

now im not calling every one with a high gamer score snobs.But most people with high gamer score think there better than you.I know my gamer score isnt high but i have lots of fun with my buddies online and i only go for achievements when there of. So what i think is u wont have really really good friends you will just have boosters or leachers and that just ruins the fun of online gaming.

once again there are cool high gamer score players so this ISNT aimed at every one

what do you guys think

My Gamerscore is higher than yours, but I guarantee you that I am NOT a jerk or a snob in anyway. I actually never met someone with a higher Gamerscore, that was a jerk/snob.

Gamesavers are your everyday jerks and snobs. *Cough STRIPCLUBDJ Cough*;)

S1D1OUS
09-22-2007, 04:34 PM
I only play for gamescore for myself. I really don't care much for other peoples or brag that i have a bigger score than anyone. I have one friend that i do most online achievements with and work with him on most games at the same time. I recently had a race to 50k with a buddy but it was for just fun.

Ash3n
09-22-2007, 04:34 PM
My Gamerscore is higher than yours, but I guarantee you that I am NOT a jerk or a snob in anyway. I actually never met someone with a higher Gamerscore, that was a jerk/snob.

JD is not a snob. He is more of an assclown, but we love him for it.

;)

SkillfulMmd
09-22-2007, 04:35 PM

like i said not every one with high gamer score are

Jdm
09-22-2007, 04:44 PM
JD is not a snob. He is more of an assclown, but we love him for it.

;)

^^^"Ass" is good enough, Matt. No clown needed.:p

like i said not every one with high gamer score are

Trust me...you won't find any snobs here. If so, they'll be Banned soon.;) But over XBL, there's @$$holes left and right.

CovertDog
09-22-2007, 04:57 PM
My prespective on it is this, since my score has gotten high I get alot of hate messages. It doesn't bother me, but makes you a little jaded. I'am really careful of who I especially talk to. For instance, I appear offline all the time because of constant chat invites. You only have to have a couple of kids swearing at you a couple of times to not want to talk to strangers.

At this time I'am getting basicly harrashed by a group that plays COD2. I have no idea what they want. They don't send messages just chat invites will I'am appearing offline. I don't know if they are watching my card to see when I get achievements or just taking a poke in the dark hoping this time I'am on.

If it's a member of the site (and I recongize the name) and they send me a message, I will respond. So even though it my appear that I'am a snob, I'am actually just protecting my sanity.

Jdm
09-22-2007, 05:02 PM
My prespective on it is this, since my score has gotten high I get alot of hate messages. It doesn't bother me, but makes you a little jaded. I'am really careful of who I especially talk to. For instance, I appear offline all the time because of constant chat invites. You only have to have a couple of kids swearing at you a couple of times to not want to talk to strangers.

At this time I'am getting basicly harrashed by a group that plays COD2. I have no idea what they want. They don't send messages just chat invites will I'am appearing offline. I don't know if they are watching my card to see when I get achievements or just taking a poke in the dark hoping this time I'am on.

If it's a member of the site (and I recongize the name) and they send me a message, I will respond. So even though it my appear that I'am a snob, I'am actually just protecting my sanity.

Covert is a great example.

He has 100K+ Gamerscore, but he's the one being harassed. We all know Covert is NOT a snob, so why is he being targeted? There will always be Haters in this world and jealousy and envy will always get the better of them.

Don't worry about it, Covert. You keep doing what you do.

Ash3n
09-22-2007, 05:06 PM
Although I get the random, "Wow your GS is high!" What really drives me crazy is the sig requests. I like doing them as we all know. But it seems I have gathered a following of some sort. It doesn't bother me doing them, but I'm with Vert here. He hit it on the head. Sanity is important. While I'm Online, I'm there to play and relax. I'm sure the x360a team can attest, most of our free time is working on the site. (Except that Slormer guy, he is a slacker)

But we all know I'm a snob too so that counteracts my whining. :woop:

sawman90
09-22-2007, 05:12 PM
well most of the people I meet randomly on xbox live with a high gamer score are mostly mean but I'm sure most of the people on this forum are going to say no, because they don't care what gamer score you got, unlike the people you find in a game online who think there better then you because they have a higher Gamerscore..

oVo Pandora oVo
09-22-2007, 05:36 PM
Hmmm high gamerscore=snob I don't think so. Everyone from this site at least that I have played with are all decent people regardless of gamerscore. Oh and I don't think I am a snob either,:) in fact when people say "damn that's a high score" I just tell them the truth I just play alot. Doesn't mean I am better then everyone else. You may have boosting buddies, but I have met alot of nice people as a result of boosting that I otherwise wouldn't have met and some are very good friends. In fact I would even say I get more random messages from people asking for help on games then I get from my friends. If people with a higher gamerscore act snobby, then they were already a snobby person. What really drives me nuts is I have never gone to my friends with lower gamescores and said "Ha Ha mines better", but they always make fun of mine, like saying "Don't you think you got enough" or "You ever sleep" or "You need to get a life" etc...etc... I get those all the time, so one could also say the reverse is true to. A jerk is a jerk and a snob is a snob regardless of gamerscore on XBL.

I would also like to add I normally don't respond to random messages from people I don't know, occassionally I do, but I don't think that's being a snob, that's just saving myself from 101 questions/responses I get because I am a chick. lol

SkillfulMmd
09-22-2007, 05:54 PM
i was talking about xbl not this fourm every one here seems safe so u know

oVo Pandora oVo
09-22-2007, 06:05 PM
i was talking about xbl not this fourm every one here seems safe so u know

Yeah I know you were, just made an observation about the people from this siteas well, the rest was a general response for any XBL user.

SkillfulMmd
09-22-2007, 06:52 PM
ok cool thanks for the feed back guys

Kaens
09-22-2007, 07:35 PM
I voted yes because I just rejected some guy's friend request (I'm back to 99 dammit) and after I rejected this total stranger he sent me this msg - "get a life". Clearly I am a snob for mistreating this guy so I vote yes!

Fonkey Monkey
09-22-2007, 07:49 PM
from my expierence yes actually. if they have a higher score than me they are a complete dick. but then again if someone has a lower score i am told to get a life, when i barley ever play.

talking only about xbox live, on this site all of the douchebags are banned/gone.

Krueger
09-22-2007, 07:51 PM
not at all the people i play with have high gamerscore the dont talk shit during games its more the people with low gamerscore yelling at u because to have no life

SkillfulMmd
09-22-2007, 07:57 PM
well there is alot of mixed opions.

Cavaliers07
09-22-2007, 08:36 PM
I find some people with high gamescores do but the majority doesn't.

The best think is when someone brags about how good they are in front of everyone then you wipe smiles off their face when you beat them.

Ash3n
09-22-2007, 08:45 PM
well there is alot of mixed opions.

Not really. Seems the vote is a landslide.

Cavaliers07
09-22-2007, 08:51 PM
16 - 4 people aren't snobs with a high gamescore

I also find it that the people with no gamescore say that there so called "other" account is so good that it beats mine. Quite funny really

spartancell
09-22-2007, 09:06 PM
i slowed down my achievement whoring after 20k so although i am a low gamerscore whore i am higher than you average gamer, and i dont thing i am a snob, but i do hold my gamerscore only over good friends from school just to annoy them, but never to random people.

KewlBrettC
09-22-2007, 09:40 PM
i don't think people go around like, I gotta better gamerscore then you, HA! then go somewhere else lol

Raider
09-22-2007, 09:47 PM
The out of guys with the 10 highest scores on my friends list most of them are the nicest on my list. I do hate it when gamesavers claim their cheated score makes them better than anyone else.. cough strip.

J eVeRy DaY 514
09-22-2007, 09:50 PM
well i don't have as high as a gamerscore as some, but i do feel that it doesn't effect me. i'm pretty down to earth in online play, i don't talk shit (unless i can back it up), i'm pretty much there to have some fun while obtaining achievements. all i ever get from people are compliments for having a high gs. i've never had anyone say i play too much or anything.

Tussell
09-22-2007, 10:26 PM
You've always got snobs when the situation is they're higher than you in something.

But that's more of a minority IMO.

Adam Miller
09-22-2007, 10:37 PM
Voted yes because there are people that are like that. They exist...

LegendBoy
09-22-2007, 10:45 PM
I've had a dude telling me I have no life before because I've completed Oblivion...but never had a problem with people with higher gamerscore than me.

SkillfulMmd
09-23-2007, 12:51 AM
i dont think that it takes long to complete obliviom

Ash3n
09-23-2007, 12:59 AM
i dont think that it takes long to complete obliviom

I think he means 1250 of 1250. Not beating the game. Beating it is easy, getting 100% is another story.

SkillfulMmd
09-23-2007, 01:00 AM
yeah i need to buy the upgrades

veritas347
09-23-2007, 01:01 AM
That just shows that they are devoted to games and getting achievements and it somewhat shows their gaming skills

Ash3n
09-23-2007, 01:02 AM
yeah i need to buy the upgrades

OFF TOPIC POST**

You have 260 points left on the table. Get those done first. It will make the expansion that much easier.

SkillfulMmd
09-23-2007, 01:10 AM
yeah my hard drive broke on me when i was at my prime story playing time so i lost my save

PerpetualHeaven
09-23-2007, 01:33 AM
Oh wow when I had like around 60k in feburary (my old account) I was getting harassed so bad. All the time. I barely could play Gears of War without having to prove something. Every game was like a test of skill for me. If I didn't do well then all I was good at was playing games for score and I'm just a nerdy nobody.

I don't think people with high gamerscore scores are snobs. I think it's the other way around. People who generally dwell below in the 20k minus region tend to harass people the most often. I mean there's people who think 16k is a lot and they think those people are losers. Imagine people like Covert, Kaens, and so forth. It's tough having a high gamerscore.

mac
09-23-2007, 01:36 AM
for me the a**es are always the people with gamerscores in the 1000-5000 range who try to act cool and it seems like they are all under the age of 10

TheLazyWolf
09-23-2007, 09:18 AM

Dont you hate that there is no option to automatically appear offline when you first sign on? I usually check my msgs via cpu before i logon, then when i do i get bombarded by them.

Anyways i wanted to clear up one of lifes little mysteries for you. The random chat invites while not online is unsettling and happens to me the most when i have been playing a game online a lot. I finally answered a couple to see what exactly they wanted, and as it turns out there is a way to compare games with someone, as if they are on your friends list, by inviting them to chat. 90% of the time this is whats going on. The other 10% is a 12 year old kid who wants a friend, and it sounds harsh, but its best just to block com them right away because they will bug the shit out of ya.

Rand al Thor 19
09-23-2007, 10:17 AM
I usually appear offline for the same reasons Covert and LazyWolf do too. I can't stand getting random chats and hate messages from people. I always respond to any question someone may have for me, but if it's a hate message, and most of the random ones I get are, I file a complaint, avoid the player, and then block communications. I don't even bother responding. If that makes me a snob.... then so be it.

Ruthless
09-23-2007, 01:31 PM
I wouldnt say i was a snob but i hate random friends request from people with like 300 GS i ask them why or who they are and its always i saw u in a xbox mag or u have a wicked gamerscore mate etc... People who say u r a loser or u need to get a life r just jealous, everyone would want a high gamerscore over a low one. My friends on my FL always take the piss outta me but i just say come back when u have a decent gamerscore and it shuts them up. I would never answer a random chat invite tho boys.
I dont think u have a high gamerscore til u hit 50k coz loads of people have between 30-45k so i wanna get to 50k.

Another thing that bugs me is how come on gears of war while ur waitin for playaz alot of american people look at your gamercard and say fuck Ruthless u have a fuckin high gamerscore, how u get so much??? How do i get so much, i play fuckin games!!! Then all the other people who r waitin r like who has ??k Gamerscore, and i get harrassed all through the game.

To be honest i think the snobs are the jealous ones to be honest, just my opinion guys!!

Kaens
09-23-2007, 07:14 PM
I'm with Covert, Randal & Lazy. Reading this thread has made me think though, Covert & Randal are my friends and I never see them because random jackasses force them to appear offline. Fortunately for me I don't enjoy the random online matches or playing endless hours of deathmatch (boring). So my thought was, a new option on the online status that lets you choose everyone or those who aren't on your friends list.

SkillfulMmd
09-23-2007, 09:12 PM
well it goes to show it works both ways

|oneyedNewb|
09-23-2007, 09:17 PM
im on 30k, can i turn into a snob yet?

ive found most people with atleast 50k and over to

be helpful in terms of achievements, i have a m8 on my list that

helps me all the time lol

SofaR0cker
09-23-2007, 09:30 PM
You could say the same about people with low gamerscore, the ones that say people with a high gamerscore have no life etc. That is until they get a high score.

Gamerpoints or not, some people are just jerks, and anonymity makes it worse.

Don't let it get to you, some of us still play games for fun :).

TheLazyWolf
09-23-2007, 11:15 PM
I'm with Covert, Randal & Lazy. Reading this thread has made me think though, Covert & Randal are my friends and I never see them because random jackasses force them to appear offline. Fortunately for me I don't enjoy the random online matches or playing endless hours of deathmatch (boring). So my thought was, a new option on the online status that lets you choose everyone or those who aren't on your friends list.

Im not sure if this is what you are talking about or not, but you can block your online status from anyone not on your friends list. Its under Privacy settings. You can block it from everyone as well, but then if you want to appear online to anyone you must do the whole thing again and sign in and out of live so its kind of a hassle.

Tiamat66
09-23-2007, 11:51 PM
I was shooting for 30k and came up a little short. I've just been playing CoD3 multi-player and not worrying about my gamerscore at all. While mine isn't nearly as high as most on the site, I've noticed from playing the multi, that I average 3 random friend requests or chat invites a week.

It doesn't bother me, as I don't get shit sent to me every day like some of you guys, but I've found having a high gamerscore on multi-player can be a pain in the ass. As I was waiting for the next game to start yesterday, some random kid made a comment about how high my score was, and a minute later the shit-talking started.

I don't brag, even when people are running their mouths about how good they are at the game, but I noticed the people that most the biggest assholes (team killers, shit talkers etc.) are the ones with the tiniest gamer scores. Not to say I haven't been tempted to shove it in their faces, but it just wasn't the effort of arguing with them...

PerpetualHeaven
09-24-2007, 12:03 AM
well it goes to show it works both ways

What gamesaverless high score person is a snob? I have yet to meet someone who has a high gamerscore that doesn't gamesave to be a jerk.

da voodoo child
09-24-2007, 12:09 AM
i dont agree with this at all my gamerscore is only 10000 so its not like im biast. but i have friends at 45000 and up and their some of the coolest people to play with.

Nbag3
09-24-2007, 12:58 AM
i dont agree with this at all my gamerscore is only 10000 so its not like im biast. but i have friends at 45000 and up and their some of the coolest people to play with.
Thats pretty much the tone throughout the whole thread.

Getting random messages about Quake and Table Tennis is annoying so I block communications most of the time. Sorry I don't let everyone beat me 10 times in table tennis, if someone has a question or something I'll try and answer it though. Just sending chat invites to random people without a reason will usually get a blocked communications from me.

SkillfulMmd
09-24-2007, 08:51 AM
i dont know you meet em all the time shadow run rainbow forza

i guess that most of the people are in some sort of a clash with me like i beat these 4 guys from america and there like "yo dude i still got better gamer score than you" i dont care tbh.

Wreckon Dracgon
09-24-2007, 01:29 PM
First just to clarify Kaens is a snob. Covert and Thor are not.. they're good people.

Second you can appear offline before you go online. First you need to setup a password for your XBLive account so that you are not automatically logged in when you boot up your 360. Then when you turn on your 360, and you're at the dashboard go to personal settings and select appear offline. Then login using your password and you'll appear offline from the start.

Now about appearing offline. You can tell if someone is appearing offline. Mygamercard.net and 360Voice.com at times will show you as online even if you're marked as "appear offline", as do some gamercards. Also if your looking at your friends list or Xbox.com and it shows someone as offline (and they haven't been away from their 360 for a month) they are appearing offline. If you were recently online and went offline it will always say "CovertDog - Last Seen 32 minutes ago playing Two Worlds" But if it just says "CovertDog - Offline" - and nothing else... then he's appearing offline, or was appearing offline and shutdown.

Krueger constantly watches my gamercard and the moment he notices that I'm "online" or "offline" the incoming messages just start. Telling me that he knows I'm "appearing offline" because 360Voice or my GamerCard says I'm online. This is why I don't have a GamerCard in my signature anymore.... the price of being famous.

Ohh and for the record, I'm so not a snob... now if you don't mind I need to go sit back on my throne typing to you mortals is draining my godliness.

Kaens
09-24-2007, 02:01 PM
First just to clarify Kaens is a snob. Covert and Thor are not.. they're good people.
I prefer "aloof"!

patches4711
09-24-2007, 02:37 PM
I did not like when I played Gears people looking at Gamercard and then the "no-life" comments, etc. started. I have slowly moved away from muliplayer because of this and I just play with Friends. I honestly do not think having a high gamer score makes you a snob I have people on my friends list with scores much higher than mine and they are great to play with.

Xterm1n8or
09-24-2007, 04:32 PM
I think the poll is a bit vague, by voting yes it is saying all people with high gs are snobs, there should be an option like "yes but only a few". Personally all the people on my friends list with a high gamerscore are very decent people who i get on well with, and so are the people with lower gamerscores.

Personally i dont take much notice of anybodys gamerscore on my Fl because it doesnt really mean anything. You can have a 50k gamerscore and still be rubbish at games. ;)

Tron
09-24-2007, 04:44 PM
its actually quite the opposite that you might think, at least in my experience..the really high gamerscorers: italion, rand, wreckon, kaens, pandora, are extremely pleasant people... wreckon DRAGON can be a bit of a pain once in a while, but that just means he needs his mt dew sippy cup refilled.

i should point out that these guys are all legit...there are some uber douche bag gamesavers out there with high scores.

Wreckon Dracgon
09-24-2007, 05:20 PM
wreckon DRAGON can be a bit of a pain once in a while, but that just means he needs his mt dew sippy cup refilled. First off I told you it's not a sippy cup... it's a Mt. Dew Keg... with a Darth Vader crazy straw.

And stop calling me dragon it isn't funny... it hurts.

Dracg÷n
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o54/almightywreckon/WreckonDracgon1.jpg

Dragon
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o54/almightywreckon/Dragon.jpg

CovertDog
09-24-2007, 06:16 PM
Another way to tell if I'am online, 95% if i'am on, i'am on here.;)

Wreckon Dracgon
09-24-2007, 06:34 PM
Hiding Offline...
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o54/almightywreckon/CovertOffline.jpg

Really Offline... thank god
http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o54/almightywreckon/KruegerOffline.jpg

joehill91
09-24-2007, 06:57 PM
I dont think it does it just means you play alot of games and enjoy it but some people do get obsessed though.