PDA

View Full Version : special or normal edtion

SkillfulMmd
09-23-2007, 01:24 AM
When you go to buy a game and you got enough money would you buy the special edtion or just go for the normal one. I always buy the special one that is if the bank machine feels happy

PerpetualHeaven
09-23-2007, 01:26 AM
The collectors is usually 15 more dollars here in Canada. I usually will depending on the game I want. I rarely buy games and if I do, I probably get the CE.

Krueger
09-23-2007, 01:28 AM
i get the collector edition they usually come with cool bonus things

Turbo
09-23-2007, 01:36 AM
collectors if it's 5-10 dollars. I was going to get H3 Legendary but it's twice regular price. I'd rather have another game than a helmet for my cat

mac
09-23-2007, 01:39 AM
collectors if it's 5-10 dollars. I was going to get H3 Legendary but it's twice regular price. I'd rather have another game than a helmet for my cat

but think of all the funny clips you can put on youtube!!!

i normally go for the collector unless its more then $10 the regular

Fonkey Monkey
09-23-2007, 01:39 AM
i usually get the special edition. it has to have a cool case though! the tin ones are my favorite. to be honest i usually never look at the bonus stuff:p

Cyrex
09-23-2007, 02:04 AM
i love the special editions i get everyone that i can

Th3 Apache Dog
09-23-2007, 02:25 AM
it depends on the game. A game like bioshock i would get the regular version. A game like GoW or halo i would get the most expensive version...

BackerMan
09-23-2007, 02:40 AM
I really don't care about special edition or collector's edition. I get most of regular games.

Jdm
09-23-2007, 03:23 AM
It really depends on what a Special/Collector's Edition has to offer.

If it only comes with a "shiny" case and a bonus DVD, then it's not worth it to me.

If it's like Halo 3, where it comes with a Helmet and other bonus items, then it becomes more worth it. Anything that is out of the ordinary, makes it truly "special".

razzleson
09-23-2007, 03:41 AM
To be honest I always get standard editions, then kick myself months down the road as the LE/CE/SE's are so much cooler.

If money permitted, I'd get all my games in LE/CE/SE.

DoM cAbAn
09-23-2007, 03:55 AM
I'll usually get the Standard Edition. But if it's a game that I'll really enjoy, I go for the Collector's or Limited.

ZiM1021
09-23-2007, 04:08 AM
I normally just get the regular edition. For BioShock, however, I bought the Collector's Edition for the Big Daddy figure. Other than that, it's regular copies for me.

JesusBread
09-23-2007, 04:12 AM
Normal. I want the game, not some cheap things bundled with the game that are worth $1.

n1n3t33nd3lta
09-23-2007, 04:14 AM
maybe i'm a really big nerd, i acutally like the cheap things that come with the collectors edtion games. now, i didn't order the legendary edition halo 3 copy, that helmet just looks stupid. but i do have the big daddy from bioshock sittin' on my entertainment center.

getbusy1242
09-23-2007, 04:23 AM
Usually normal most of the extra stuff they give i am not into

JesusBread
09-23-2007, 05:14 AM
maybe i'm a really big nerd, i acutally like the cheap things that come with the collectors edtion games. now, i didn't order the legendary edition halo 3 copy, that helmet just looks stupid. but i do have the big daddy from bioshock sittin' on my entertainment center.

When it's something like a action figure I'll gladly pay an extra $10 or so especially if they look cool. But when it's something such as a bonus DVD in which they show you how they made the game... Not worth it.

thecrazyguy
09-23-2007, 05:43 AM
I'll buy the special edition as long as it's worth it. If it's like the stranglehold special edition where it comes in a regular plastic case and bonus dvd, i'll usually pass. But if it's like bioshock with the big daddy figure, or the game comes with a nice metal case etc, then i'll usually pick it up.

HiddenPandas
09-23-2007, 07:47 AM
Depends on the game, and how awesome the case will look in my collection. In some instances, the case ends up being more awesome than the game (PDZ).

I was kicking myself for not getting GoW collectors, or the Halo 2 collectors after I saw them at my friends house. Im definetley gonna be picking up Halo 3 collectors.

Glyndinn
09-23-2007, 07:58 AM
Probably 90% of the time I'd buy the normal edition of a game. I'm too damn cheap to drop the extra money for extras I will look at once (or never).

It would have to be pretty some pretty awesome extras to make me fork out the extra cash. :p

PhantomNemesis
09-23-2007, 08:39 AM
I usually never bother with Special Editions, unless there's something more than a few DVD's and books. The only one I've actually ordered lately is the Mass Effect one, mostly because it comes with a mini-guide, which might come in handy with such a big game. Plus, the box looks cool among some of the other nice things in there.

Cold Rival
09-23-2007, 09:12 AM
I've always loved what comes with Special Editions, but I've never bothered with them.

Autoflow
09-23-2007, 09:21 AM
Every game i have ever bought has been regular edition. Its like DVDs they might have 200 mins of bonus features but i never watch it.

i was talking to one of my friends the other day about this and the question of how many games that had a more expensive edition availble actually came with extra game content. The only example I could think of was Lost planet which had and extra multiplayer map i believe. Now if this was the case with the collectors or specials I could definitly see myself paying alittle bit extra for alittle more gameplay.

SkillfulMmd
09-23-2007, 10:00 AM
i really want to get assassins creed im sure ive seen a post some where that if u get it from a certain site you get an altair figure and i would love one them.

Tained sainity
09-23-2007, 10:22 AM
I always check on internet to see which wheather it is worth spending a bit more on collectors or not and if so I will and if not then I won't but most of the time I do such as Gears

VaRIABLE SoUL
09-24-2007, 08:35 AM
if it's a game i'm hyped about then i'll drop the xtra $10 for the collectors edition.

like Halo 3, i'm getting the $69 version... i don't have money for the crazy $129 legendary one lol

SkillfulMmd
09-24-2007, 08:39 AM
I love collectable stuff for 360 im getting the legendry halo 3 box set (dont want the game tho) i got 14 face plates (5 spaecial games) and two gaming figures