PDA

View Full Version : How come?

Grantlionheart
09-23-2007, 11:58 AM
How come the 360 a console that microsoft continues to advertise as the wireless generation machine not come with in built wireless networking?
I mean even the Wii has wireless networking built in.
Why must i spend 99$ for a stupid ugly looking network adapter.
Arent the controllers working off a wireless thing? why couldnt they have just made that stronger and added 50$ to the price or whatever.
When the wii costs about 300$ to produce and 400$ retail how can they justify a 100$ price tag for the network adapter...not to mention wii has bluetooth built in.
And how come they supply a cord that barley exits one room let alone reaches my computer, How many people have there computers in there tv room? really.

Pez
09-23-2007, 01:26 PM
Sorry to say, that's Microsoft for ya. Money-grabbing multi-millionaire company. ;)

I paid an extra 60 for my wireless adapter, but I have to be honest with you, it was definitely worth the money. It's never let me down.

I can see where you're coming from though. I have a Wii and the wireless networking is already built in, considering you have a wireless router. Nintendo aren't as desperate for money as Microsoft are, and Microsoft are already one of the richest companies in the world.

~SS

Kaens
09-23-2007, 07:01 PM
I'll play the part of the MS apologist...

Making it separate and optional keeps the cost down. If you need it, buy it, if not don't worry about it.
If it was built in then we could not upgrade it. PS3 is tied to 802.1b/g and those are becoming old. Personally I would like to upgrade my home network to n, but it's my 360 that is stopping me until they make a newer wireless device.

Bullet2theface
09-23-2007, 08:23 PM
MS loves money.

Jdm
09-23-2007, 11:02 PM
Making it separate and optional keeps the cost down. If you need it, buy it, if not don't worry about it.
If it was built in then we could not upgrade it. PS3 is tied to 802.1b/g and those are becoming old. Personally I would like to upgrade my home network to n, but it's my 360 that is stopping me until they make a newer wireless device.

I'll second that, Keans.

A M$ rep has said in an interview that, "We don't see everyone needing the use of WiFi, so it wasn't built in. It's more optional and there is a Wireless Adapter we offer out there in the market for those gamers that choose to go wireless."

Fonkey Monkey
09-23-2007, 11:04 PM

very good points.
i for one dont have wireless so i would be pissed if i had to pay for built in wifi.

Maka
09-24-2007, 12:32 AM
Well putting it in with the 360 and raising the price wouldnt be a good idea. I like my Wired connection. Its faster and holds up better when I game online. WHy would I pay extra, for something I dont want. How pissed would you be if you wanted a PSP, and all they made were ones with 100GB, that you paid $100 for...? And all you wanted was to play games...

From the things you're saying... You should just get a Wii...

Im a Manatee
09-24-2007, 12:43 AM
OP, you do realize that amping up the controllers to 802.11g would fry our brains by 2012, right?

JesusBread
09-24-2007, 01:04 AM
Because then they would be making the same mistake Sony did. Sony put too many features into ONE console and made it overpriced. Simple and cheap is how America likes things. Not complex and overpriced. If someone really wants a feature, they would like to have an option to have it. I, for one, like my wired connection.

TheLazyWolf
09-24-2007, 05:30 AM
Im with Maka and Monkey. I use a wired connection, and i wish more people who play lots of multiplayer would also.

Grantlionheart
09-24-2007, 08:18 AM
I see where your coming from with the whole people don't have wireless routers.
And yeah i guess having an outboard one means when newer technology comes out you can upgrade. but still the cst is unjustifyable i called ebgames and asked how much they sell theres for, 169$ AUD... i can buy a ds for that much
And i already have a wii i was talking from experience... i also have a ds... and a psp... and a ps3....lolz yeah right ps3 lolz xD not till mgs4

ACEZK1
10-13-2007, 06:09 PM
its really good and even better when you buy it off eBay i got my for 32.00 off the eBay auctions and it hasn't let me down even though i think my downloads go slower than just buy using the ethernet cable

Fueled By RC
10-14-2007, 12:02 PM
I hate a Wireless Adapter, that fell off the back of a truck that was heading to a Wal-Mart store.... hehe...

But since I am technology stupid, for some reason i couldn't get the Wireless to work, I could get my neighbors but not mine, so i just have a 100 Foot cord going out the PC room window and in the living room window. it's sexy.

hainesdogg
10-14-2007, 02:47 PM
I've been using a wired connection from day one, I find the wired connection more reliabile than wireless.

At least that's my experience.

SegaSaturnSNK
10-14-2007, 04:50 PM
I don't even mess with wireless Interent plus I save money on top of that. I'll keep rocking cables till the day I die.

MajinFro
10-14-2007, 07:16 PM
cables all the way. used the wireless on my wii and multiplayer would lag horribly on Mario Strikers. I have never understood the push for wireless connections. sure less clutter. but for what? lag and it being unreliable and a hell of a lot slower?

Netnabi4
10-14-2007, 07:24 PM
Going off what Kaens originally said... Yes your points are very true and I agree no wireless in the system but it doesnt cost 100 dollars for a standard wireless adapter why does it cost 100 for the 360 version of that?

I believe it should have been $50 or around that.