PDA

View Full Version : Ready for the surge?

Cold Rival
09-23-2007, 12:09 PM
I'm sure you're all very aware that it's litterally days until the final Halo is (officially ;)) released. I'm pretty sure that at least 60(ish) percent of 360 owners will end up adding this game to their collection (no matter how much they resist - I know I've fallen victim to the hype, dispite my ranting). So, of that 60%, how many people do you think are gunna struggle with the achievements?

Try typing "Halo 3 Achievment Help" in Google. What comes up first? :rolleyes:

Sure, from a business point of veiw, this is great for the site! More members means more potential subscribers, which in turn means more money for the site! Good times!

There's over 11.6 MILLION Xbox 360 owners. 60% of those (at least) means around 7 million copies of Halo 3 (with 3 million predicted within the first 12 days).

Let's just say (hypothetically) that just 10 percent of the soon-to-be Halo 3 owners search for help. They'd be lead here! Excellent! But that also means that around 700,000 visitors to the site! At the moment, there's only just under 29,000 members on x360a. And since my time here, I've never seen a maximum of 2000 users of the forums at any one time.

See where I'm going with this? ;)

I'm certian that those casting watchful eyes over us have taken into account every possibility what this sudden surge of users will result in. I'm sure the servers can handle it. We trust you. ;)

The Admins and Mods are going to be kept very busy, and I'm sure that thousands of threads will be closed due to newer members not knowing about the Stickies.

To be honest, I'm not sure what I'm saying here. Lol.

Has anyone else thought about how Halo will shape the future of this site, or am I the only one who thinks about this kind of stuff?

Anyway, be warned, x360a members. The next couple of months are going to be chaotic! :eek:

Sources:

http://www.haloforums.net/halo-3/3-million-halo-3-sales-predicted-within-12-days-playtm/

http://kotaku.com/gaming/statistics/xbox-360-by-the-numbers-301965.php

http://play.tm/story/13122

http://play.tm/story/13133

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/memberlist.php

http://www.xbox.com

Mods: Decide what you'd like to do with this. Close it or leave it for discussion. I didn't know if it was appropriate or not. I've kind of confused myself.

Cyrex
09-23-2007, 12:22 PM
never through of it that way. We are going to get tons of new members. I can bet that our "most people online at once" will be shattered on tuesday. I think that out of that 700000 who go looking for help only about 150,000-200,000 will even glance at our site with about 100,000 looking at to get help so about 50,000-75,000 will join the site with 100-150 being active members :)

Cold Rival
09-23-2007, 12:30 PM
I know! All records will be broken. Of course, not only are people looking for achievement help, but they'll also be looking for matches, and clans (if they get up and running).

Xterm1n8or
09-23-2007, 12:45 PM
Good thinking i hope it happens but i doubt there will be a overwhelming flood of gamers because i bet gamers who are seriously interested in achievements will have found this site already. I would expect a few, but not thousands.

Cold Rival
09-23-2007, 12:56 PM
Good point, but then again, Halo's following is absolutely huge! According to http://www.halo3forum.com (http://www.halo3forum.com/), there's over 43,000 members. And that's just tied to the one franchise! The majority of those will be diehard fanboys, but what about those who are picking Halo 3 up because of the hype? I spoke to the manager of my local Game, and they're expecting hundreds to turn up at midnight. I have a feeling that this will be a lot bigger than you think...

Kaens
09-23-2007, 06:54 PM
Pretty sure I read somewhere that there were 2 million PREorders. This is the only game I've got RL friends sending me Live messages saying, "Are you getting Halo? You better get Halo so we can coop!". I BARELY play with these people and they are all worked up for Halo. I've never been a big Halo fan, but I'll be honest, whenever I see those believe commercials I get worked up. I think they are brilliant.

It will be crazy for sure.

Bullet2theface
09-23-2007, 08:28 PM
Pretty sure I read somewhere that there were 2 million PREorders. This is the only game I've got RL friends sending me Live messages saying, "Are you getting Halo? You better get Halo so we can coop!". I BARELY play with these people and they are all worked up for Halo. I've never been a big Halo fan, but I'll be honest, whenever I see those believe commercials I get worked up. I think they are brilliant.

It will be crazy for sure.
I know right, have you seen the one just released now? Its kick ass.

Jdm
09-23-2007, 10:58 PM
The Halo Hype will definitely bring in many more new faces to x360a. I am expecting that, since there are so many pre-orders for the game.

For the game itself and I am a Party Pooper btw...I'll see you guys next year. Halo 3 is the first Halo I've ever played and I'm not with the hype.

Sorry guys.

Fonkey Monkey
09-23-2007, 11:02 PM
i for one am not ready. we are going to see a huge amount of new members. the majority will probably be douchebags that dont know how to type properly and form coherent sentences

Jdm
09-23-2007, 11:04 PM
i for one am not ready. we are going to see a huge amount of new members. the majority will probably be douchebags that dont know how to type properly and form coherent sentences

I am also expecting this too, Fonkey.

This would be a good time for Minty and Webb to hire some "rent-a-cops".:p

JoHnOfDaDeAd
09-23-2007, 11:52 PM
we are so going to have the halo 3 forum ave sub forums....thats when we know that it is really bad.....lots of spammers also whic really sux...anyways hope no spammerz

Krueger
09-23-2007, 11:54 PM
this might not be such a good thing i mean we might get people spamming the halo 3 forums everyday

JesusBread
09-24-2007, 01:06 AM

What do you expect when half the Halo 3 gamers are 13 year olds? Maybe, just maybe we'll be able to brainwash some of them into using good grammar.

DoM cAbAn
09-24-2007, 01:17 AM
I didn't even think of this. You're absolutely right. We'll get so many new members to the site. I admit that I am only getting Halo 3 because of the hype. Well, not just because of that. I've played the second one before (I think?) and it was a pretty good game. Plus, I like first-person shooters a whole lot, and the online play will be fantastic for this game.

Let's just hope our forums won't be spammed up to the point where it's out of control! :p

zOwnerofallz
09-24-2007, 03:43 AM
Yeah I'm not going to buying Halo 3 so I don't have to worry about this

Clipse 2
09-24-2007, 04:01 AM
Yeah I'm not going to buying Halo 3 so I don't have to worry about this
I don't believe you read the first post correctly. You not buying Halo 3 has nothing to do with the influx of new members it might generate to the site. You're a member of this site and you frequent here so if what Cold predicts comes true then it may be a worry to you.

Keep in mind though that if you specifically type "Halo 3 achievement help" our site comes up, but how many people will actually put the word 'achievement' in their search? I would think the more common search might be "Halo 3 help". Either way though if achievement appears in the search the .Org comes out on top.

Cold Rival
09-24-2007, 08:29 AM
For those who don't think that it'll happen, ask yourself why you signed up to the forums. There was a rapid increase of new members when Gears was released, and BioShock too. Halo 3's gunna be 10 times bigger that this.

SkillfulMmd
09-24-2007, 08:36 AM
they will probally be to tied up at your local game at 12 o,clock and then for some stupid reason taking like 4 weeks of work (sad)