PDA

View Full Version : If you had a chance

Bullet2theface
09-24-2007, 01:44 AM
If you had a chance to make your own game for xbox 360 with achievements what would be?

Genre:
If Shooter: 1st,2nd, or 3rd person shooter?
If sports: Basketball, Football, Soccer, etc...
If a sissy game: Barbie's Adventure, Barney's world, etc..
If you like to mix and match: Use your Imagination..

For me,

I make a game, 1st person shooter, sort of like Halo 2, Gears of War, and Cod4 combined...I would take out how much host matters in this game, How noobs an level in Halo 2 (Noob combo, Sword, Rockets, etc..) and How quick you die in CoD4 from grenades..IMO that would be a kick ass game..

Achievements,

I would not make them to hard, but not to easy for example..

Kill 100 people with a Certain weapon - 40G
Complete the Game on easy mode - 50G (20G+ for every difficulty higher..)

Sanction
09-24-2007, 01:46 AM
FPS all the way.

Should make this into a poll. :Bounce:

Fonkey Monkey
09-24-2007, 01:48 AM
i would make a game just like the movie BASEketball.
can you imagine how badass that would be?

Bullet2theface
09-24-2007, 01:48 AM
FPS all the way.

Should make this into a poll. :Bounce:
I don't know how. :p

JoHnOfDaDeAd
09-24-2007, 02:00 AM
i would make a game just like the movie BASEketball.
can you imagine how badass that would be?

i never watched that movie until this summer...and i didnt even watch it alll....it was funny though

Bullet2theface
09-24-2007, 02:26 AM
i never watched that movie until this summer...and i didnt even watch it alll....it was funny though
I have not seen that movie to this day. ;o

SkillfulMmd
09-24-2007, 08:52 AM
you just click on thread tools then add poll

Pez
09-24-2007, 10:33 AM
I'd make an RPG much in the same way as Blue Dragon. I'd make it more challenging, since I think that so far Blue Dragon has been too easy for me.

The achievements wouldn't be as hard to obtain as Blue Dragon's though. I would give you an example, but I'm still trying to think of what achievements I could have. :p

~SS

SkillfulMmd
09-24-2007, 10:52 AM
i would make a free ninja mmorpg it would be awesome

Bullet2theface
09-24-2007, 10:35 PM
you just click on thread tools then add poll
Oh well, don't feel like adding one now.:)

Wolf
09-25-2007, 12:35 AM
I would a game that finally transcends entertainment and becomes art.

chaosg0d
09-25-2007, 04:53 PM
Acutally, with XNA you can developp xbox 360 games. I did a zuma-type game recently to practice, but I doubt XNA have support for achievements.

Now, I would made a twisted metal black kind of game. There would be no achievements for finishing the game or any stages. Instead the achievements would be given for crazy stunts, destroyings things, etc.

Bullet2theface
09-26-2007, 01:16 AM
Acutally, with XNA you can developp xbox 360 games. I did a zuma-type game recently to practice, but I doubt XNA have support for achievements.

Now, I would made a twisted metal black kind of game. There would be no achievements for finishing the game or any stages. Instead the achievements would be given for crazy stunts, destroyings things, etc.
I'd play it for achievements. :D

Raider
09-26-2007, 01:20 AM
EVERY game should have a 10k kill achievement.. Well, every one with a good multiplayer. Vegas, fear, halo etc.

Wolf
09-26-2007, 01:27 AM
EVERY game should have a 10k kill achievement.. Well, every one with a good multiplayer. Vegas, fear, halo etc.That's a horrible idea. Who wants to play every game for months for that one stupid achievement you don't have?

However, if the game takes off, I fully support a 10000 kill achievement via extra content.

antilucid
09-26-2007, 11:40 AM
Well, if my game company I helped found did not go belly up due to various problems, I would want to make the game I started working on called The Binary Life. It was sort of a computer hacker sim (to put it roughly).

Bullet2theface
09-26-2007, 07:15 PM
Well, if my game company I helped found did not go belly up due to various problems, I would want to make the game I started working on called The Binary Life. It was sort of a computer hacker sim (to put it roughly).
Sounds interesting.

Exane22
09-26-2007, 07:29 PM
Man ive had an idea for a game for a long time, i could type pages on the one i have in my head but i wont bore you all so heres the just of it. It would be an action adventure/rpg like oblivion is. But its setting and culture would be more along the lines of a mix of midieval europe and ancient greece. With open cities, great sword fighting and of course some magic thrown in the mix. Part of the story i have worked up even involves building your own city on an forgotten island and the finding of and ancient city in a jungle/rain forest with the classic cliffs and water falls all around setting. Its fantasticall really.

Bullet2theface
09-26-2007, 08:42 PM
Man ive had an idea for a game for a long time, i could type pages on the one i have in my head but i wont bore you all so heres the just of it. It would be an action adventure/rpg like oblivion is. But its setting and culture would be more along the lines of a mix of midieval europe and ancient greece. With open cities, great sword fighting and of course some magic thrown in the mix. Part of the story i have worked up even involves building your own city on an forgotten island and the finding of and ancient city in a jungle/rain forest with the classic cliffs and water falls all around setting. Its fantasticall really.
Hmm, I hate games where you would have to look/find something, it just gets me angry and wastes my time. :(

Exane22
09-26-2007, 11:28 PM
Hmm, I hate games where you would have to look/find something, it just gets me angry and wastes my time. :(

when did i say you have to loo/find something :confused: Are you talking about the city bc that was going to be part of the story not something you have to go search for for no reason.

Bullet2theface
09-26-2007, 11:53 PM
when did i say you have to loo/find something :confused: Are you talking about the city bc that was going to be part of the story not something you have to go search for for no reason.
Ya, to me it sounded like there is going to be searching and stuff when you said cities and stuff, but also in general I hate games where you must find items.

Danny Dibo
09-28-2007, 03:30 AM
My game would be a fighting game.
I would improve on what def jam icon started to do with graphics. But build an entirely different fighting system, basically have instead of an energy bar, have a diagram of the persons body in the top corner and you basically have to beat they're body till its useless.
For example, too many hits to the right arm, breaks your right arm and makes it almost useless. However, instead of making that arm not work anymore, it would still work, only everytime you hit someone with it, it did minimal damage to your opponent, but hurt you a little more.
I would also use a complex weapon system, where you can use the weapons to block and dodge, and only certain types of weapons work for each character (I.e. No 95lb woman is gonna whip a keg at you)
But as you weardown an opponent, holding the weapons becomes harder and harder because of your body damage. Fights would be part strategy then, but full action. I would also have it where you can put your face on the charactor and make them get damaged... I think it would sell pretty well, IMO.

getbusy1242
09-28-2007, 03:58 AM
I would make a 3rd person action adventure game modeled after Police Quest. IT would have an RPG element to it in that u can upgrade your skills and police weapons.

As far as i achievements i don't know probably one for making arrests without using your going. using the PIT maneuver to stop a car chase stuff like that

Bullet2theface
09-28-2007, 11:12 PM
I would make a 3rd person action adventure game modeled after Police Quest. IT would have an RPG element to it in that u can upgrade your skills and police weapons.

As far as i achievements i don't know probably one for making arrests without using your going. using the PIT maneuver to stop a car chase stuff like that
Hmmm, sounds like rock star games.

BackerMan
09-29-2007, 12:30 AM
I'd make a video game more like saints row & grand theft auto style.

All achievement points (1250) will be on single play or co-op.

In this game you can:
- create your own character with your own face on it
- create your own car and you can add your photos on it
- build your own house just like sims
- create your own business to earn money
- control your gang (you can tell them to kill any people you don't like or go steal money)

There will be everything in this game liks san andreas; plane, helecopter and etc.

This game going to be mature +17:
- blood and gore
- intense violence
- nudity (of course, topless)
- strong language
- strong sexual content
- use of drugs and alcohol

And the price of this game will be $59.99

pongsifu
09-29-2007, 11:11 AM
I'd make a video game more like saints row & grand theft auto style.

All achievement points (1250) will be on single play or co-op.

In this game you can:
- create your own character with your own face on it
- create your own car and you can add your photos on it
- build your own house just like sims
- create your own business to earn money
- control your gang (you can tell them to kill any people you don't like or go steal money)

There will be everything in this game liks san andreas; plane, helecopter and etc.

This game going to be mature +17:
- blood and gore
- intense violence
- nudity (of course, topless)
- strong language
- strong sexual content
- use of drugs and alcohol

And the price of this game will be $59.99

ESRB would probably slap your game with an AO rating and wouldn't be carried in most retail because of it :P

Bullet2theface
09-29-2007, 03:00 PM
ESRB would probably slap your game with an AO rating and wouldn't be carried in most retail because of it :P
I was just about to say that lol.