PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Core: Only Supports Two (Wired) Controllers?

Cosmo_Kramer
09-24-2007, 07:17 PM
Okay, total noob question here, and forgive me if it's in an FAQ somewhere here, but I recently bought an Xbox 360 Core system, and found it has only two ports for wired USB controllers.

Is there any way or device that would expand support to four controllers, or would I have to buy wireless controllers (which to me seem like a waste of $$ considering I'll never play more than 15 feet from the actual console...)?

Thanks to anyone who responds.

Shinobi273
09-24-2007, 07:18 PM
There are hubs that you can buy that allow the support of two additional controllers. They aren't MS products though.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Nyko-Multi-Reader-360-86027/sem/rpsm/oid/156966/catOid/-16534/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

codedigital
09-24-2007, 07:20 PM
Okay, total noob question here, and forgive me if it's in an FAQ somewhere here, but I recently bought an Xbox 360 Core system, and found it has only two ports for wired USB controllers.

Is there any way or device that would expand support to four controllers, or would I have to buy wireless controllers (which to me seem like a waste of $$ considering I'll never play more than 15 feet from the actual console...)?

Thanks to anyone who responds.

But there are no cords to deal with...no matter how close you are. I can never play with wired controllers again.

Is there not a USB port on the back above the ethernet port? I've never owned a Core.

Buy one of these:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=1228013606+4024&name=%241+-+%2410

Gun-Nut
09-24-2007, 08:07 PM
I thought all the 360 consoles only had the 2 front usb ports, one on the back also which is there for the wireless but probably works with a controller.

Shaaady Souljah
09-24-2007, 08:12 PM
usb is usb, regardless of location. it should support 3. you may have to buy a 4th wireless though...

Jdm
09-25-2007, 06:14 AM
usb is usb, regardless of location. it should support 3. you may have to buy a 4th wireless though...

USB is USB, like what Shady said.

A quick wrap-up.
The Xbox 360(regardless of what model) has 3 USB Ports. 2 in the front and 1 in the back of the console(as Code mentioned, it's around the Ethernet Port).

What you can always do is buy a Multi-Card Reader that has multiple USB Ports. I would recommend you to just go for the Wireless Controllers and save yourself the hassle.

razzleson
09-25-2007, 06:26 AM
Pfft, just go to Walmart and get a $5-$10 USB hub. They're super cheap and all you do is plug it in and WHABAM! 1 USB port turns into 4 USB ports.

Honestly, invest in the wireless controllers. So much better when you have a group of people over and you take turn. Just throw the controller and it's ready to go. No need to worry about tangled wires.

You can be the next Francois!

YouTube - Xbox 360 French Wireless Controller Commercial

Shinobi273
09-25-2007, 08:51 AM
This was completely answered in the first two posts. Why are you all repeating what was already said? The only possible detail left out was the third USB in back except he was asking about 4 wired controllers. I wouldn't lock it yet so he has a chance to give some feedback but seriously, read what has already been said. Probably wasting my time because the posters after this won't read it either.

Jdm
09-26-2007, 01:48 AM
This was completely answered in the first two posts. Why are you all repeating what was already said? The only possible detail left out was the third USB in back except he was asking about 4 wired controllers. I wouldn't lock it yet so he has a chance to give some feedback but seriously, read what has already been said. Probably wasting my time because the posters after this won't read it either.

OK, and you are who?

I, for one, wanted to lay down a quick wrap-up of what was said and wanted to go deeper into answering the question. What's wrong with that? Just because you were the first to answer the question, makes it so we can't put in our 2 cents? Give me a break.

Bullet2theface
09-26-2007, 02:08 AM
Its not playing from long distance, its feel free like wireless. :)

Shinobi273
09-26-2007, 02:57 AM
OK, and you are who?

I, for one, wanted to lay down a quick wrap-up of what was said and wanted to go deeper into answering the question. What's wrong with that? Just because you were the first to answer the question, makes it so we can't put in our 2 cents? Give me a break.

You recomended that he go with wireless controllers... what part of
wireless controllers (which to me seem like a waste of $$ considering I'll never play more than 15 feet from the actual console...)
did you not understand? It isn't just you btw. It isn't just the difference in price of the hub and wired controllers vs just wireless controllers, you still have to pay for batteries, unless you get battery packs which add $.

Jdm
09-27-2007, 06:11 AM
You recomended that he go with wireless controllers... what part of

did you not understand? It isn't just you btw. It isn't just the difference in price of the hub and wired controllers vs just wireless controllers, you still have to pay for batteries, unless you get battery packs which add $.

Trust me. I understand completely.;)

Remember, this is MY POINT OF VIEW and MY SUGGESTION to him regarding the wireless controllers, even if he said he has no use for them. Simply a suggestion and nothing more.

This will be my LAST post regarding this topic. I do believe that the question/problem has been solved and there's no point in beating this thread up any longer. PM me for a further discussion regarding this topic.

Jdm signing off.:)