PDA

View Full Version : 3 ring question

zenthran0011
09-24-2007, 08:58 PM
My mfg date is 8-1-2007 how likely am I to get red rings?

Shaaady Souljah
09-24-2007, 08:59 PM
you have a later console... so your chances are better than those with an older one. just dont talk about it and hopefully it wont happen ;)

Clipse 2
09-24-2007, 09:01 PM
It really depends on when MS started implementing the new heat sinks, heat tubing, and such. I would guess and say they had changed the manufacturing process before 8/2007 so your internals should run cooler than those before it. I wouldn't say there is a great chance of it ROD'n but I'll never say never.

razzleson
09-24-2007, 09:24 PM
If I remember correctly the new heatsinks started popping up in July/August. So anything after that had a much greater chance of avoiding the 3ROL.

Make sure you knock on wood ASAP though since making this thread has probably upset the Gods.

Rewmac
09-24-2007, 10:12 PM
I bought mine in april this year and got a reading lence and disk drive problem in july...I was freaked it scratched Forza 2 so damn much it was unreadable. Luckily a shop could clean the disk...I'm scared that mine is going to overheat one day. I play around 2-3 hours a day and still. I got a new box from the mechanics I suppose :D But I'm not sure since there weren't any notes about it but it looked different I mean it wasn't really mine it ws a new so I hope it's gonna be fine...

Jdm
09-25-2007, 05:58 AM
My mfg date is 8-1-2007 how likely am I to get red rings?

You probably have the latest model 360 that's available on the market. Your console's chances of breaking down are much more less than the older manufactured consoles. A quick question, does your console come with HDMI? If so, then those should be the consoles with the same setup as the Elite consoles.

Heatsink on the GPU with new tubing to allevate overheating, which causes less hardware malfunctions.

I would still Knock On Wood, just like everyone else does. Here, I'll knock for you.;)