PDA

View Full Version : Halo 3 keeping Xbox Live down..

Magooush
09-26-2007, 02:22 AM
ALERT: Due to high traffic related to the launch of Halo 3 (https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/h/halo3/default.htm), some site features may be experiencing load difficulties. Please try again later.:wtf It shouldn't be that much of a problem on the site? I hear the actual Live is working fine, just a little laggy maybe. Lets start a petition!:p

Jdm
09-26-2007, 02:31 AM
My bro said XBL is in fact lagging a bit, but Xbox.com is IN and OUT at the moment. I can log in sometimes, but mostly it'll freeze.

A single game that took down Xbox.com and partially XBL...:eek: That's the Halo hype for ya.

razzleson
09-26-2007, 02:34 AM
I'm just mad because I want the free limited Halo 3 theme & gamer picture but can't get them as the marketplace isn't working too good at the moment.

For those who don't know about the free content, click HERE (http://gamerscoreblog.com/team/archive/2007/09/24/553481.aspx).

Magooush
09-26-2007, 02:34 AM
It is incredible the amounts of Sold games since the official release, but still.. They should have a better server capacity.. I mean most people are playing Halo 3 anyway.. Not talking about it on the Xbox.com forums..

For those who don't know about the free content, click HERE (http://gamerscoreblog.com/team/archive/2007/09/24/553481.aspx).

Thanks for that razzle! I will surely check that out when I get on my Xbox.

DoM cAbAn
09-26-2007, 02:40 AM
Ah, I didn't notice this thread, sorry Razzleson. :p

I just can't really believe that Halo 3 is keeping me from getting on Xbox.com! It's unbelieveable, haha. But I guess I can wait until tomorrow when it will be back up and running... hopefully...

ZiM1021
09-26-2007, 03:01 AM
I wasn't even playing Halo 3 tonight and I was lagging on and off while playing The Godfather. It wasn't happening during the day, however, so it must be the night rush playing Halo multiplayer.

Also, you can tell how bad it's affecting Live and XBox.com by the Gamercard stats. Some are working while some aren't, including mine I believe.

KindCandy
09-26-2007, 06:13 AM
A friend of mine told me that if u play Halo 3 Online on a modded console,, it will get banned from xbox live. Now what kinda Crap is this, so if its true i am not gona play it online No way, i m scared what if thay ban me again? I got banned once and that console was not modded at all.
what was that all about is that true or just a rumer ? and if its true.. can i Just play the Offline halo 3 campaign mode ????? (http://www.google.com.pk/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=5dk&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=halo+3+campaign+mode+gameplay&spell=1) or thats Gona ban me too? what should i do now? i was waiting for this game like helll man ,,,

razzleson
09-26-2007, 07:38 AM
KindCandy, if you have a modified console you shouldn't even be signing onto Live with that console. You'll just be asking for trouble. You can have a modified console and never put in a pirated game and you'll still get banned because you're playing on Xbox Live with tampered hardware/software.

If your console's stock and unmodified, play online all you want. If anything happens ask MS what's up.

n1n3t33nd3lta
09-26-2007, 08:08 AM
yeah, i had the original halo edition xbox(the green one) and sold it to a friend, and he modded it and got it banned off of live. kinda pissed me off, but oh well.

BackerMan
09-26-2007, 08:23 AM
Oh well. Hope xbox.com will be back normal soon, so I can log on.

I did play a little bit of halo 3. I have to work and take care of stuff. Probably will play halo 3 more this weekend.

Twisted Evil 95
09-26-2007, 08:49 AM
Anyone having troubles getting achievements??

Me and a few friend beat the game tonight but we never got the achievement for beating halo 3 and I was wondering if all the lag had something to do with it.

Shinobi273
09-26-2007, 09:03 AM
I can't wait until this weekend when the release will be complete and most people will have no excuse for not playing it. 80% of all live users online at the same time? Craziness...

I am getting mine through the mail and have not yet played it.

KindCandy
09-26-2007, 09:48 AM
KindCandy, if you have a modified console you shouldn't even be signing onto Live with that console.
I dont have modded console i never had one :eek:

codedigital
09-26-2007, 10:49 AM
I dont have modded console i never had one :eek:

Then play. If it's not modified you have an argument if they do for some reason. You are the ONLY person that I've ever heard say they were banned because of an unmodified system.

I can't believe they let it get to Live like this. I'm sure they knew that they'd have to beef things up and they've had tons of time to plan it all out.

antilucid
09-26-2007, 11:37 AM
On top of Live being up and down, I noticed there was no new games this week in Arcade. Some might call this blasphemy when I say this but not everyone on Live wants to play Halo 3.

TheRoadHead
09-26-2007, 05:01 PM
Not surprised at all, I was watching the amounts of people playing on Halo 3 all day yesterday on bungie.net at around 4pm (eastern) there was 160,000 at that point I think something must of happened because the number kept falling off and at 5 it was down to about 400. Funny thing was the amount of people playing Halo 2 seemed to go up a little at that point. At midnight I checked the amount of unique players in the last 24 hours and it was at 1,040,256 and right now it's 1,287,215 and there are 138,975 people online.

Personally i think that is impressive even for Mircosoft that there severs can handle that much. I wonder the average amount of people online xbox live is and was the high is. So if they have some issues then i understand

sheldipez
09-27-2007, 07:17 PM
I've not been able to get into marketplace for days now - just UK? just me?

"Marketplace is currently unavailable, please check back later"

nothing happens when i try to go into download games via XBLA blade either - good job i'm not after any of the discounted games...

also Major nelsons site keep listing new content which has me concerned ..

and we pay for this service... bah.. they should of planned for it - they new halo3 was gonna be a biggy...

Shinobi273
09-27-2007, 08:00 PM
and we pay for this service... bah.. they should of planned for it - they new halo3 was gonna be a biggy...

They did plan for it, live didn't crash, it seamlessly transferred resources from the live site and the marketplace to support the additional Halo 3 load. Halo 3 won't be this big for that long, maybe 2-3 weeks and the numbers will cool down to what they were before. Right now there are more people playing longer than they normally do and only a marginal number of new players (marginal relative to live). There aren't lots of new subscribers, everyone is just playing one game instead of alot of different ones. Expanding the server capacity too early (without a large number of new players) would be a waste of money.

Shinsetsu
09-27-2007, 08:19 PM
I'm having alot of connecting issues w/ Halo 3 for some reason. My Mic tends to mess up alot in it, occasional Lag spikes out of nowhere etc. But i'm sure it'll balance out soon enough.... hopefully anywayes =D

AnnaBanana
09-27-2007, 08:29 PM
I'm having alot of connecting issues w/ Halo 3 for some reason. My Mic tends to mess up alot in it, occasional Lag spikes out of nowhere etc. But i'm sure it'll balance out soon enough.... hopefully anywayes =D

My mic is messing up quite a lot as well and I haven't been in a game yet where someone's isn't. It is also taking around ten-fifteen minutes every single time just to find a game. I'm sure after everyone gets over the newness of it, things will start to get better.

Shinsetsu
09-27-2007, 08:35 PM
My mic is messing up quite a lot as well and I haven't been in a game yet where someone's isn't. It is also taking around ten-fifteen minutes every single time just to find a game. I'm sure after everyone gets over the newness of it, things will start to get better.

I find it strange where it's always me and never my other friends. I clean the thing, it's brand new from another 360 so I dunno.

sheldipez
09-27-2007, 08:45 PM
They did plan for it, live didn't crash, it seamlessly transferred resources from the live site and the marketplace to support the additional Halo 3 load.

I work for a I.T company and heads no doubt roll if we provided the same level of "seamless" transfer of resources when providing any of the applications we support.

But hey it's only gamers...

zdarko43
09-27-2007, 08:46 PM
thats what happens when you have over half a million people playing the same exact game at the same time.

i figured that would've happened.

AnnaBanana
09-27-2007, 09:20 PM
I find it strange where it's always me and never my other friends. I clean the thing, it's brand new from another 360 so I dunno.

Yeah, my mic is brand new also. Ah well.

n1n3t33nd3lta
09-27-2007, 10:16 PM
I've not been able to get into marketplace for days now - just UK? just me?

"Marketplace is currently unavailable, please check back later"

nothing happens when i try to go into download games via XBLA blade either - good job i'm not after any of the discounted games...

also Major nelsons site keep listing new content which has me concerned ..

hrm, that's odd. i just downloaded the halo 3 unite to fight theme and gamer pic last night, and i have crappy internet service.

sheldipez
10-01-2007, 10:21 AM
Sorted it - i think the data on my HDD was corrupted - i deleted the Marketplace data on the system part of the HDD - rebooted the 360 and now all okay -

just posting in case anyone ever has this problem

cheers

n1n3t33nd3lta
10-01-2007, 10:32 AM
oh, good deal. glad to see it's up and running normal again.