PDA

View Full Version : How hard are the Achivements on this game

Soukl
05-05-2006, 12:34 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

tank
05-08-2006, 02:17 AM
Not hard. Just edit all the players on your team so they're all maxxed out. Then edit the players onthe other team so they're all chodes. You can get 4 of teh 5 achievements in 1 or 2 games.

If you play with NY Yankees, #51 should send the ball over the fence 3 times easy.

Then for the robbery ach, you want to play a team taht can hit like NY in the Minnisota field which has low walls. Then just pitch fast balls down the middle until they knock one out.

jchapman
05-15-2006, 02:11 PM
I agree, the achievements are pretty easy, even without the extra steps described above (although I did edit Randy Johnson's stats to get the 15 strikeouts... he pitched a perfect game :D). It took me about 9 innings to get the mechanics of the game down; batting, pitching, fielding, baserunning. Once you're comfortable just playing, its pretty easy to focus on the achievements while using the Yankees against a lesser team. Play as the Twins agaist the Yankees in Minnesota to get the 'robbery' achievement, I got it in the 3rd inning of the second game.

g4m3r7ag
05-15-2006, 04:34 PM
how long does it take to change all the stats though, i have heard from some people it takes like a couple of hours

The Perfect Gun
05-16-2006, 12:25 AM
how long does it take to change all the stats though, i have heard from some people it takes like a couple of hours

it took me about 40 minutes.

Age01
05-16-2006, 08:29 PM
what about if you have never played a baseball game before would be gurenteed like 500 at least?

The Perfect Gun
05-16-2006, 08:53 PM
what about if you have never played a baseball game before would be gurenteed like 500 at least?

the baseball game is pretty easy. As long as you know about force outs, double plays, and stealing I think you could even get 1,000. Just make sure you know the basics of baseball. The controls for outfield are easy, but I think batting is pretty retarded.

Magician NG
05-22-2006, 06:54 PM
Very easy points.

As someone else suggested, for the 15 strikeouts be sure to turn the pitcher fatigue off in options and replace the opposing teams hitters to all pitchers. Using top pitchers like Schilling, R. Johnson, J. Santana, etc, you should achieve this after 5-7 innings.

For the 20 runs and the 3 home runs with one player achievements be sure to change the hitting style from "swing stick" to "custom" in the VIP settings. Then just get use to recognizing pitches that stay in the strike zone, hold up on the left analog, and swing with the A button. Using a strong offense like the Yankees or Boston you'll score 20+ runs and have multiple home runs by the 4-5 inning.

The five steals is the easiest achievement. Again, with the Yankees, you'll be running with D. Jeter, A. Rod, J. Damon, R. Cano. Get a lead of two (L trigger?) steps, when the pitcher begins his windup push up on the D-pad and X, and be sure to jam on the base runners speed-up (B button?) rapidly. You should have no problems.

Robbing a home run just takes time and luck. Just constantly serve up softballs (fastballs down the middle of the plate) and don't make any plays on the balls other than the wall catch. That means no throws to first or catching fly balls, either hold on to the ball or pull your player away from the auto-catch area. I gave up 28 runs to Boston before a potential home run ball was low enough for me to rob.

Two games, forty mintues, 1,000 points done and dusted.

SgtSpade55
06-22-2006, 09:05 PM
After completing one of the achievements, do you need to finish the game before you actually get the gamerscore, or is it instant?

PlaN MaN
06-22-2006, 09:51 PM
it's instant