PDA

View Full Version : NAT Settings?

Impulse2119
09-27-2007, 01:10 AM
Can anyone help me with my NAT settings? me and my friend can never seem to connect on halo 3. My NAT settings are at moderate when i do a test of the settings, and hes directly wired from his router. Does anyone know how to get it to say "Open"?

Th3 Apache Dog
09-27-2007, 01:41 AM
Why did you post this twice?I gave you a link in the other thread you posted.

Impulse2119
09-27-2007, 01:52 AM
Sorry. I meant to post it in the General Xbox 360, but at first i thought it would be good in off-topic, then i changed my mind after i posted.

Pez
09-27-2007, 11:19 AM
Bungie are strict on their connections. They prefer it that no-one has lag.

It happened with me, I started a quick match for myself, and a message popped up saying my NAT was strict, not open. I thought that was weird so I went to the dashboard and troubleshooted my connection.

Turns out my NAT was open, I just didn't have the greatest of connections at the time...

~SS

Shaaady Souljah
09-27-2007, 12:50 PM
a message popped up saying my NAT was strict, not open. I thought that was weird so I went to the dashboard and troubleshooted my connection.

Turns out my NAT was open, I just didn't have the greatest of connections at the time...

same exact thing happens when i play. i think my "highspeed" internet just is not up to par...

Clipse 2
09-27-2007, 05:15 PM
I messaged Impulse and we got his NAT settings figured out and now showing open. This thread can be locked down now. :locked

redsoxfan5592
09-27-2007, 10:14 PM
I messaged Impulse and we got his NAT settings figured out and now showing open. This thread can be locked down now. :locked
no don't lock. I have the same problem, so I used the search feature like you mods always tell me and got this topic. anyone have an explanation on how to make your NAT open?

Clipse 2
09-27-2007, 10:57 PM
The first step is to make your 360 console have a static IP address.

To fix this we have to make your console's IP address static (meaning it doesn't change).

1. Go to System blade on 360 dashboard.
2. Choose Network Settings
3. Write down the top part of the screen.
IP Address, Subnet Mask & Gateway
4. Select the top hightlighted portion with "A"
5. Select Manual
6. Select IP Address and enter the same IP address you wrote down from the previous screen.
7. Enter Subnet Mask you wrote down.
8. Enter Gateway IP address (router's address)
9. Select done.

The next step is to set the Port Forwarding settings in your router.

1. Log in to your router using its IP address (Gateway IP address you wrote down)
2. Select the Port Forwarding tab, it can also be shown as Applications & Gaming

3. For UDP 88 -
Application: Xbox Live
Start: 88
End: 88
Protocol: UDP
IP Address: The same IP address you entered into your Xbox.
Enable: checked

4. For UDP/TCP
Application: Xbox Live
Start: 3074
End: 3074
Protocol: Both
IP Address: "See above"
Enable: checked
5. Click Save settings

After these have been changed reboot your router and Xbox console. Next once both devices have booted up on your Xbox go into network settings in the Systems blade and test XBL connection. It should now say Open.

As for Impulse we had it for a second but lost it some how so we're still working on that. However these steps should be the right path to following, if anyone else has any other advice please feel free to chime in.

james
11-21-2007, 06:57 PM
*BUMP*

Anybody still getting issues with the Moderate or strict NAT. I have had some knowledge if you have vista and still getting issues.

My dad has vista on his computer and laptop and recently playing Halo and PES2008 I get your NAT is either set to Moderate or Strict restricting me from joining or hearing people. This is what I did for vista.

GO TO CONTROL PANEL ON THE COMPUTER
FIND NETWORK SHARING IN CONTROL PANEL
NOW YOU SHOULD GET A PAGE POP UP WHICH HAS LOADS OF DIFFERENT SHARING OPTIONS TOGETHER
LOOK FOR MEDIA SHARING (IF IT IS OFF TURN THAT ON)
TO THE LEFT WILL BE SOME SMALL OPTIONS CLICK ON VIEW ALL DEVICES IN RANGE.
FIND YOUR XBOX 360 ICON AND CLICK ON THEM
WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER SHOULD POP UP WITH ANOTHER SMALL BOX SAYING THAT MEDIA SHOULD BE DISABLED FOR YOUR SAFETY JUST CLICK LITTLE BOX ABOVE TEXT SAYING SHARE MY MEDIAAfter completing these setting your xbox should be allright

I tried the above post and got that too work so thankyou for helping me I will just give vista users a guidance if having issues

Shinobi273
11-21-2007, 07:06 PM
1. Log in to your router using its IP address (Gateway IP address you wrote down)

Sorry but where is this? Is it a run command or is it in control panel? The last time I was talking to a router was using Telnet for Cisco Networking.

Sanction
11-21-2007, 07:17 PM
Sorry but where is this? Is it a run command or is it in control panel? The last time I was talking to a router was using Telnet for Cisco Networking.

Type your IP address into the URL bar on IE or Firefox.

EDIT - oh, you can check (if you're wireless) by clicking on the little computer icon by the clock on the bottom right of the screen.

Shinobi273
11-21-2007, 07:19 PM
Type your IP address into the URL bar on IE or Firefox.

EDIT - oh, you can check (if you're wireless) by clicking on the little computer icon by the clock on the bottom right of the screen.

Thanks, I will try this when I get home. Matchmaking in CoD4 has been terrible, I hope this fixes it.

Tyrannical Duck
03-21-2008, 01:04 AM
Hey, just wanted to add a little info to this. I saw the link in the FAQ thread, so I'm sorry if I'm bumping an old thread. Didn't really check it..

Anyway, just letting you know that sometimes if you have a Static IP, you won't be able to get an Open NAT. Don't know everyone's ISP/Router/Modem combinations or anything, but here's mine:

Comcast ISP
BEFSR41 v4.3 router
Forgot what kind of modem I have, I'll check later.

Anyway, I enabled UPNP and set my UPNP Forwarding entries after I set up a static IP, and it still said strict. So I went under Administration and checked "enable users to make configuration changes" and it was still strict. So, I changed the IP to Automatic, and changed my UPNP forwarding entries, and BAM, it went to Open. The only thing that was changed was that it went from static to dynamic. I literally tried EVERYTHING I could with a static IP, and NOTHING would work. I even spent around.. 5 hours in total in tech support chats with Linksys to try to get it to Open.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents. Hope I could help someone.

LukeP91
06-18-2008, 11:21 PM
I just wanna say thanks to all the informatives on this thread, as i now have an open connection and now can hear all my mates ;) Thanks again!:D