PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with LOK? Please read.

theGUNNman
09-28-2007, 12:04 AM
I have to give credit to Lil Pips, for it is his post I read on how to do this.

I just posted this in another thread and thought people should read this. All this method is for is entering into the LOK stage with Golden Pistols. A Golden Pistol barrage deals severe damage.

You should be able to kick his ass using the following method. This is not my idea this is what I read someone else did. I tried it and got it first try. Just for the record I was stuck on LOK for a couple hours until I read the new way to do it.

First you want to back out to the main menu. Go to chapter select and pick the scene right before LOK. It is the one where you must protect the band in the lounge. Enter that scene and paly it on casual. Blow away everyone easily and just before you get ready to get on the elevator go to where the band is and shoot at the circular fixture surrounding the band near the ceiling. On each side there is a Golden Pistol. Get both of those and any other weapon of choice and enter the elevator. Wait for the LOK level to load and go through its cutscenes. After that is done quit out and go back to the main menu. Then go to continue. It will ask you difficulty, just pick hard boiled. Then you will load into the level with LOK on hard boiled and you will have Golden Pistols.

Just use the same methods as stated before in the guides. Don't use the golden pistols until you have him over half way gone. I would use them with your barrages.

Shinobi273
09-28-2007, 12:05 AM
You can't make a thread like this when there is another thread already started on how to do this.

You are going to get infractions. Just FYI :locked

theGUNNman
09-28-2007, 12:09 AM
You can't make a thread like this when there is another thread already started on how to do this.

You are going to get infractions. Just FYI :locked
Mine deals with with soemthing totally different then the other posts. Theirs tells you how to beat him. All mine really does is tell you how to enter that level with Golden Pistols.

Shinobi273
09-28-2007, 12:13 AM
TWO WORDS: GOLDEN PISTOLS

You should be able to kick his ass using the following method. This is not my idea this is what I read someone else did. I tried it and got it first try. Just for the record I was stuck on LOK for a couple hours until I read the new way to do it.

First you want to back out to the main menu. Go to chapter select and pick the scene right before LOK. It is the one where you must protect the band in the lounge. Enter that scene and paly it on casual. Blow away everyone easily and just before you get ready to get on the elevator go to where the band is and shoot at the circular fixture surrounding the band near the ceiling. On each side there is a Golden Pistol. Get both of those and any other weapon of choice and enter the elevator. Wait for the LOK level to load and go through its cutscenes. After that is done quit out and go back to the main menu. Then go to continue. It will ask you difficulty, just pick hard boiled. Then you will load into the level with LOK on hard boiled and you will have Golden Pistols.

Just use the same methods as stated before in the guides. Don't use the golden pistols until you have him over half way gone. I would use them with your barrages.

From http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?p=417350#post417350

The title of this thread would attract people having trouble with lok which is what the thread "Help with lok" is for.

You need to consider: "Is this something that should go into a thread that is existing or does it merit a thread that will cover a topic not yet addressed?" Making new threads shouldn't be something done lightly.

theGUNNman
09-28-2007, 12:20 AM
My fault, I will stop posting on this board. Was just trying to help.

tmsmith
10-22-2007, 06:16 PM
Thanks for your post. Going to try it now!

Rewmac
10-23-2007, 10:03 PM
From http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?p=417350#post417350

The title of this thread would attract people having trouble with lok which is what the thread "Help with lok" is for.

You need to consider: "Is this something that should go into a thread that is existing or does it merit a thread that will cover a topic not yet addressed?" Making new threads shouldn't be something done lightly. He was trying to help and what did you do? Kinda sent him to hell with his helpful information. Why couldn't you just let it go? Oh, you had to play the security guard of the forum...

Cornholio
09-10-2010, 11:26 PM
Thank you very much for this trick how to get golden guns. After 2 hours of frustration with this bastard I finally beat him using this golden gun method while every other method failed for me.

I personally think that this deserves this new thread to help people with this boss, because Lok's really a cakewalk with dual golden pistols. (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/member.php?u=4740)

ALSO I'd like to add this like other great person ( TheGreg ) said:
You need to get the Golden Pistols BEFORE killing those guys that come out of the elevator or you cant keep the guns.
(http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/member.php?u=4740)

Fr33701ays
01-25-2011, 08:55 PM
funny thing happened to me, all i did was knocked out the statue on the left and it took him down to one shot...dont know how but it saved me a whole lot of annoyance

Ragnarok1986
02-04-2011, 08:45 PM
funny thing happened to me, all i did was knocked out the statue on the left and it took him down to one shot...dont know how but it saved me a whole lot of annoyance

I can confirm this works as I did it also :D

Spyforhire
02-07-2011, 08:54 AM
Thank you for this info and thanks to the OP too! It really was helpful!!!

Thank you very much for this trick how to get golden guns. After 2 hours of frustration with this bastard I finally beat him using this golden gun method while every other method failed for me.

I personally think that this deserves this new thread to help people with this boss, because Lok's really a cakewalk with dual golden pistols.

ALSO I'd like to add this like other great person ( TheGreg ) said:
You need to get the Golden Pistols BEFORE killing those guys that come out of the elevator or you cant keep the guns.

Perasnovitch
02-22-2011, 06:23 AM
Sorry but it doesn't work.

It works when I clear the room before at Hard Boiled, then I enter the room with two goldens pistols.

But when I follow exactly what are you saying, it doesn't work. So you should delete that post to safe time. I tried 5 times.

Enter at casual, clear the whole room where the band is playing, shot at the circular pillar on each side. Take the two golden pistols, enter the elevator, let the cutscene plays. Quit to main Menu. Continue game, choose Hard boiled. Everytime I join with the AR and the Shotgun, the golden pistols aren't there anymore. So mehh. Thumbs down.

EDIT: I just saw the post of the other dude, you should edit the message saying you need golden gun before those guys exist the elevator, it would have save me a lot of time. God people have a hard time with solution.