PDA

View Full Version : GHIII's Free Bird

Zef
09-28-2007, 06:46 PM
GHII had Free Bird, so what will GHIII have as the 'uber-song'? I admit I haven't really heard of a lot of the songs on the playlist, so I don't know which one is going to be on the same level of both amazingness and annoyingness as Free Bird. If they are going to follow the same structure as GHII then it is probably 'The Devil Went Down to Georgia' but will the Boss duels be considered uberer?

I'd love it to be One, it is a fairly long song and has slower and faster guitar sections, kicks bottom to the nth degree and is just generally great. At least it is the last individual song on the setlist =)

Any ideas?

Birky
09-28-2007, 09:15 PM
It is one. Trust me, I know. I might know someone who who got his hands on the game already ;) Can't tell you who or Activision will come and kill him for telling me some songs.

UTSBlaze
09-29-2007, 06:52 PM
It's not One.

Birky
09-29-2007, 06:56 PM
I was told that it was...

TimmayTheTurtle
09-29-2007, 09:54 PM
It's not One.

lmao yeah defiantly not dude.

but what do you mean the new freebird the hardest song?

Super_Chicken
10-01-2007, 11:26 PM
Stairway to Heaven...

I can dream, can't I?

How about Hotel California. I'd kill for that song to be in this game, rockband would be even cooler.

PogromXpert
10-02-2007, 01:33 AM
And why wouldnt it be one. That song just sounds hard to play.

killerofdafish
10-02-2007, 02:08 AM
That would be sweet if they had another song like freebird in GH3

Birky
10-02-2007, 11:54 AM
Stairway to Heaven...

I can dream, can't I?

How about Hotel California. I'd kill for that song to be in this game, rockband would be even cooler.

I really doubt that they would put in Stairway... If you have ever listened to it then you would know it is 5.5 minutes of slow intro, then 1.5 minutes of pretty good guitar solo, then a .5 minute outro. So if you think about it, it would be boring as hell to play.

Fire Mage
10-02-2007, 09:33 PM
And why wouldnt it be one. That song just sounds hard to play.
Because from the guy on ScoreHero who already played the game it is in the last tier but not the last song.

iskoot
10-03-2007, 04:18 PM
I don't know...but I did read somewhere that the last song is gonna have 26 solos!!!!! :eek:

Zef
10-03-2007, 04:51 PM
26? Free Bird went to at least 12 methinks. But the number of solos doesn't really make it a better/more difficult song because they could just be crappy little two note solos. I listened to the Georgia song last night and if it had guitars in it they weren't playing very loudly if at all from what I heard. If that one turns out to be the 'ultimate' song then I'd be dissapointed.

xJoex
10-03-2007, 06:43 PM
Well I heard a rumour that the Georgia song will be 'metalized', so I wouldn't rule it out...

Personally, I think it's One. Long and insane solo, A bit like Freebird. Plus it's such a great song, watch it with the part of the film it was made for on Youtube. Search 'One - Metallica video' or something.

Rocket
10-03-2007, 07:15 PM
26? Free Bird went to at least 12 methinks. But the number of solos doesn't really make it a better/more difficult song because they could just be crappy little two note solos. I listened to the Georgia song last night and if it had guitars in it they weren't playing very loudly if at all from what I heard. If that one turns out to be the 'ultimate' song then I'd be dissapointed.

There are a lot of variations on the song bro...The one you probably listened to was the original by Charlie Daniels...a great song of mostly Drums and a Fiddle...I could honestly see them making the Fiddle into Guitar in a metalized fashion and the song actually being very kick ass...the Fiddle solo's are amazing in it, and me thinks it really would be kick ass...

glasstiger50
10-03-2007, 11:28 PM
Like Fire Mage said already, it's not One. On ScoreHero, one of the guys who played the game said that One was not the last song. He did, however, say that "the new Free Bird [I]One by Metallica."

Read the freakin' thread. He says right out that the final song of the final tier is unannounced and definitely not One, Number of the Beast, or Raining Blood.

http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25154

Scrapdaddy
10-04-2007, 04:31 AM
wouldn't it be crazy if they shocked everyone with the 20+ minute version of Michael Jackson's Thriller?

Zef
10-04-2007, 03:00 PM
There are a lot of variations on the song bro...The one you probably listened to was the original by Charlie Daniels...a great song of mostly Drums and a Fiddle...I could honestly see them making the Fiddle into Guitar in a metalized fashion and the song actually being very kick ass...the Fiddle solo's are amazing in it, and me thinks it really would be kick ass...

Don't call me 'bro', I'm not an eighties surfer or a 13-19 year old mutated Japanese assassin shelled swimmy thing.

And I heard (or saw) a version with a hairy man who liked to fiddle a lot. Just like old times. Even if they "metal"ed it it still isn't all that good unless you have a rouge neck.

iskoot
10-04-2007, 08:47 PM
And I heard (or saw) a version with a hairy man who liked to fiddle a lot. Just like old times. Even if they "metal"ed it it still isn't all that good unless you have a rouge neck.
And what's wrong with us? ;) lol

I think it'll be that song...and I think they'll also blend in some extra dueling guitar parts...should make for some crazy awesomeness...you'd be surprised how fast those fiddlers move their fingers...and I'm sure it'll be just as crazy on a guitar.

killlah631
10-08-2007, 03:53 PM
I have been wondering about this lately, what the final song in the career mode will be. I would rather it be hard than long, which Free Bird was. I enjoyed the solo in Free Bird but it's just ridiculous how long the intro is.

destruktive
10-09-2007, 03:12 AM
well.. it's the devil went down to georgia. (metalized.)

After seeing it on the rumored set list, I figured it's no way it's going to be there.
and then we got confirmation that the list is right..

so yeah.

links:
GH preview: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28915
confirmed set list: http://www.itavisen.no/sak/491125/Her_er_Guitar_Hero-sangene/ (norwegian, but you'll still see the list. search the net for a press release near you ;))