PDA

View Full Version : "PermaPerks" in Zombies...

Hagane
11-24-2012, 02:15 AM
What: Passive effects that can carry to subsequent Zombies games. (Officially referred as "Persistent Effects" by Treyarch.)

How: Completing a required "challenge" for the passive effect.

Where: For now, on Green Run Tranzit.

For the latest updates, please scroll towards the bottom of this post. (Latest: 12/19/12)

So basically, one of my friends that loves to revive people on Zombies has noticed that on TranZit once you pick up around 12 to 15 people, that you then get Quick Revive by default. O_o (Meaning that without the actual perk, you now revive people as fast as you would, it's also passive which means if you go down you'll still have the regular QR effect; and the effect becomes purple.)

THEN, if you decide to stack the Quick Revive perk with that passive effect; you pick people up in less than a second!

Known passive effects:

Quick Revive: 12-20 revives

Steel-reinforced Barricades: Around 2000-2500 points from rebuilding barricades

Deadshot Daiquiri (aim assist becomes "more pronounced", headshot effects for body shot kills, deal more headshot damage): Double headshot

StaminUp+ (sprint farther distances with and without the actual perk?): Unknown, speculated as a # of miles to be run in a game.

Updates:

- A new passive effect has been discovered! (12/02/12) (Many thanks to bulletman for bringing the information up!)

"Fireproof" (?): less damage taken from the lava pits

"Reduced Fire Damage has been confirmed, but he doesn't know how he unlocked it!"

Black Ops 2 Zombies Tranzit - PHD Flopper Unlocked - YouTube"

- As of 12/03/12, players have been reporting the "loss" of these passive effects. Nothing else is confirmed on how the loss is triggered, or whether it's intentional.

- 12/19/12, As part of patch notes for the PC version Treyarch acknowledges these effects as "Persistent Effects" rather than something permanent, therefore confirming a possibility that these effects may not be intended to be permanent.

There also appears to be a new Persistent Effect that involves shooting a small discharge of electricity from your gun (dubbed "Electro Blast"):
Electric Blast Perma-perk - YouTube
(Thanks to bulletman for bringing up the statement and video!)

i NatrlKilla i
11-24-2012, 02:32 AM
So basically, one of my friends that loves to revive people on Zombies has noticed that on TranZit once you pick up around 12 to 15 people, that you then get Quick Revive by default. O_o (Meaning that without the actual perk, you now revive people as fast as you would, it's also passive which means if you go down you'll still have the regular QR effect; and the effect becomes purple.)

THEN, if you decide to stack the Quick Revive perk with that passive effect; you pick people up in less than a second!

So, anyone else figure any of these out? :D

EDIT:

Here's the Quick Revive passive effect

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6xeyjDqkwA&feature=player_embedded

There's more.

Certain amount of headshots or a double headshot gives similar effects to Deadshot.
If you fix windows x amount of times, whenever you replace the planks, it will take zombies a little longer to rip them off. (Not sure whether it's permanent, or just for the game.)
If you get x amount of Grenade (or RPG?) kills, you apparently get a perk aswell. People have speculated PHD, but I haven't seen anything that confirms this yet.

Hagane
11-24-2012, 02:44 AM
There's more.

Certain amount of headshots or a double headshot gives similar effects to Deadshot.
If you fix windows x amount of times, whenever you replace the planks, it will take zombies a little longer to rip them off. (Not sure whether it's permanent, or just for the game.)
If you get x amount of Grenade (or RPG?) kills, you apparently get a perk aswell. People have speculated PHD, but I haven't seen anything that confirms this yet.

Right, Deadshot Daiquri is like 50 headshots I think; and it's 200 barriers for an upgrade to steel. :p

Apparently, they are permanent! :D No idea on the explosive kills o-o

StayonTarget
11-24-2012, 02:51 AM
This works for multiple games correct? Like you always pick up people faster? I can't remember but I read the answer somewhere before.

*Edit* Maybe perma perks are how the zombie rank is calculated?

gig
11-24-2012, 03:09 AM
is this permanently for one game or every game? I hope every game

MR MOO 69
11-24-2012, 03:22 AM
apparently they are permanent from what ive read else where, am yet to try this though

Bahroo3
11-24-2012, 03:26 AM
Just so people know, these effects only seem to work in Tranzit.

StayonTarget
11-24-2012, 03:34 AM
Just so people know, these effects only seem to work in Tranzit.

You're the guy in the top 1000 in the world. Provide MOAR information.

Bahroo3
11-24-2012, 03:36 AM
You're the guy in the top 1000 in the world. Provide MOAR information.

Please specify inquiry.

StayonTarget
11-24-2012, 03:43 AM
Please specify inquiry.

I want names, dates, amounts, numbers, perk names, specifics, qualities, colors, racial profiling, age, objectives.

I kid, but what others do you know about? And how to get them?

Bahroo3
11-24-2012, 03:46 AM
I want names, dates, amounts, numbers, perk names, specifics, qualities, colors, racial profiling, age, objectives

Samantha, Dec 13th 1974, 43, 101010101, Juggernog, It increases health, it stops you from dying, it's red, African American, 40, capture the flag.

Hagane
11-24-2012, 03:50 AM
is this permanently for one game or every game? I hope every game

Permanent to your gamertag, like the table you build. :D

They ONLY work in Tranzit though :3

EDIT:

Just got the steel-reinforced barriers, they're after about 2500 points from rebuilding barriers. :p

Working on Jugg and Stamin Up. :D

StayonTarget
11-24-2012, 04:00 AM
Samantha, Dec 13th 1974, 43, 101010101, Juggernog, It increases health, it stops you from dying, it's red, African American, 40, capture the flag.

You just beat gaming.

Hagane
11-24-2012, 05:42 AM
So we all ran about 20-25 miles each in our last games with Stamin Up on, nothing D:

Also, I purposely had my health get reduced to red with Juggernog on about... 30-ish times before I stopped counting and still didn't get anything.

I wonder if there's anything else missing?

Pretty sure, Stamin Up requires you to run a few miles- since there's a milestone for that.

Vaughan14
11-24-2012, 05:42 AM
I got the quickrevive one the other day and it works even when you leave the game and start again.
I am still waiting for juggernog to be fixed on original difficulty, I swear I was downed a few times after being hit only twice.

Bahroo3
11-24-2012, 05:47 AM
I got the quickrevive one the other day and it works even when you leave the game and start again.
I am still waiting for juggernog to be fixed on original difficulty, I swear I was downed a few times after being hit only twice.

There is nothing wrong with Juggernog.

i NatrlKilla i
11-24-2012, 05:53 AM

Was the power off? Did you use a Turbine to buy it? If so, that'll be why. (Make sure the perk sign isn't faded at the bottom of the screen)

Vaughan14
11-24-2012, 09:36 AM
I have seen the perks faded before, does that mean they are completely inactive or just not at their full capacity?

Obama bin laggn
11-24-2012, 11:57 AM
For staminup: SPRINT 15 miles in one game, dunno but didn't have staminup while clicking my stick lol

xCGIx PUNISHER
11-24-2012, 01:42 PM
Other than the three you've mentioned some of these sound like they're more work than they're worth.

Hagane
11-24-2012, 03:16 PM
Other than the three you've mentioned some of these sound like they're more work than they're worth.

They're all passive, they stack with the actual perks, and last forever(?) on your associated gamertag.

Surely that's worth a game or two? :p (The Quick Revive seems almost OP when you stack it, you can revive someone in half a second!)

guillermo316
11-24-2012, 04:17 PM
Haha these are awesome, is there a complied list>?

GuerillaTech
11-25-2012, 06:16 PM
Who here has actually earned these permaperks? Can you earn them in custom games, or just public matches?

i NatrlKilla i
11-25-2012, 06:32 PM
I have seen the perks faded before, does that mean they are completely inactive or just not at their full capacity?

Completely inactive.

xCGIx PUNISHER
11-25-2012, 09:59 PM
Hey alright. Turns out I have Deadshot Daquiri. People speculate there's a permaperk for every perk including Juggernog. It'll be interesting to see how that's unlocked.

StayonTarget
11-25-2012, 10:01 PM
Hey alright. Turns out I have Deadshot Daquiri. People speculate there's a permaperk for every perk including Juggernog. It'll be interesting to see how that's unlocked.

So it shows the Deadshot emblem on your perk list?

xCGIx PUNISHER
11-25-2012, 10:37 PM
So it shows the Deadshot emblem on your perk list?

No I just booted up Tranzit and killed the round one zombies by shooting them in the body and their heads exploded, which, is a side-effect of the perk.

Unless you're referring to some kind of perk list that shows your permaperks you've earned, in which case, I have no idea where that is.

StayonTarget
11-25-2012, 10:42 PM
Unless you're referring to some kind of perk list that shows your permaperks you've earned, in which case, I have no idea where that is.

Nah. I was just asking if it was showing up like a normal perk. Well zombies could start to get interesting now.

Skeletor669
11-25-2012, 11:13 PM
this is my first time hearing of these "perma-perks" but it sounds awesome, maybe it has something to do with the skull and symbols and checks that you get on your profile, thanks, ima go play more zombies and see what I can accomplish. btw, is there a specific game mode you have to do it on (solo, public match, or custom)?

StayonTarget
11-25-2012, 11:15 PM
I thought that but I don't think they are related.

xCGIx PUNISHER
11-25-2012, 11:18 PM
this is my first time hearing of these "perma-perks" but it sounds awesome, maybe it has something to do with the skull and symbols and checks that you get on your profile, thanks, ima go play more zombies and see what I can accomplish. btw, is there a specific game mode you have to do it on (solo, public match, or custom)?

I think it can only be done on TranZit. Not sure if you can earn perks solo, but some of them (like the perma quick revive) require you to play with other people.

Hagane
11-26-2012, 01:05 AM
Nah. I was just asking if it was showing up like a normal perk. Well zombies could start to get interesting now.

You get other little indications- like the purple Quick Revive effect, or the steel barricades. :p

I think it can only be done on TranZit. Not sure if you can earn perks solo, but some of them (like the perma quick revive) require you to play with other people.

They can be done solo, I got my Double Headshot while playing alone; trying to get a few hundred grenade kills- which brings me to what was going to be my original point! :p

My friend streamed for about an hour, trying to get explosive kills- so he PaP'd the M1911 into M&S, and got over 1000 "explosive" kills with it. (He made it to round 30! lol) Didn't get any green smoke :/ So either the "PHD Flopper" permaperk doesn't exist, or it's actually counted by grenade kills.

Legend 920
11-26-2012, 02:15 AM
When in the bus station could I just keep a zombie at the window and just keep repairing the boards to get the steel planks?

Hagane
11-26-2012, 02:19 AM
When in the bus station could I just keep a zombie at the window and just keep repairing the boards to get the steel planks?

You need to get points for the repairs, so as long as you're getting them repaired and receive +10- then yes, do whatever is necessary. :p (Personally, I kept a zombie latched on to one of the Bus windows while my friends tried for Stamin Up, and after a few rounds I got it.)

BenWo
11-26-2012, 10:03 PM
Can anyone confirm the number of boards that need to be repaired before "Irn-Bru" is unlocked?

Nevander
11-26-2012, 10:23 PM
Anyone have like a 100% confirmed list of these permaperks? With both what they are and how to get them?

I have the iron boards one for sure...

Hagane
11-26-2012, 11:58 PM
Anyone have like a 100% confirmed list of these permaperks? With both what they are and how to get them?

I have the iron boards one for sure...

Minus the Explosives, all of the passives perks I listed are confirmed. :p

If you're a masochist, you can try going for 25+ miles with StaminUp or 200 GRENADE kills :p

BenWo
11-27-2012, 12:04 AM
So Stamin up is also not confirmed?

Hagane
11-27-2012, 12:46 AM
So Stamin up is also not confirmed?

I've read some people saying that "it's there" or that they've gotten green smoke while running for an absurdly large amount of miles with Stamin Up. (But I myself haven't gotten it; and in one game I did run around 20 miles. :/)

So for now it's just a "rumor" I suppose, unconfirmed for sure. :p

BenWo
11-27-2012, 01:59 AM
Ok thanks...

And about the "Irn-Bru" perk.

Is it confirmed that it has to be +10 rebuilds or just rebuilds in general without scoring and how many boards need to be done in 1 game?

DarkCrown
11-27-2012, 03:13 AM
about 250?

BenWo
11-27-2012, 03:15 AM
In one game or accumulative?

the elite merc
11-27-2012, 07:32 AM
i have no idea, me and a friend went in a custom game yesterday and both got the revive perk. then we were going for the barriers, at wave one he got the steel ones (we were rebuilding for like 30 minutes). i didn't got it (whilst counting 300 repairs) but he did, it's that i told him because he didn't notice, so chanches are he already had it. and i think you need to be rewarded with actual points for the challange to unlock (tried in 3 diff games at wave 1-3)

Greysen93
11-27-2012, 11:49 PM
Yeah the quick revive perk is obtained by reviving someone from 12 to 17 times.

You get the steel barriers by getting about 2500 points, so if you repair windows about 250 times and get points by doing it, you should get it.

As far as the deadshot daquari goes, it's been very inconsistent from what I've seen, I've seen people get it really fast and then some people can't get it even with having a bunch of head shots. One video I saw was somebody getting 80 headshots, then while at that they got a double head and then it gave them the perk.

I have no idea about the other perma perks though.

Greysen93
11-27-2012, 11:50 PM
Also, you can get these in custom games and then they will work online.

Greysen93
11-27-2012, 11:51 PM
If anybody finds out about the other perma perks, please post.

UltimateAuron32
11-28-2012, 12:45 AM
not got Staminup but ive read that its 15 miles total in ONE sitting. to give you an idea of how extreme that is, the bus takes 2 miles to make a round trip...

so you'll need to make 7 and half trips roughly to get its perma-perk...

i wish ye good luck doing so.

the elite merc
11-28-2012, 07:34 AM
Yeah the quick revive perk is obtained by reviving someone from 12 to 17 times.

You get the steel barriers by getting about 2500 points, so if you repair windows about 250 times and get points by doing it, you should get it.

As far as the deadshot daquari goes, it's been very inconsistent from what I've seen, I've seen people get it really fast and then some people can't get it even with having a bunch of head shots. One video I saw was somebody getting 80 headshots, then while at that they got a double head and then it gave them the perk.

You know, there is a "edit" button for a reason.

not got Staminup but ive read that its 15 miles total in ONE sitting. to give you an idea of how extreme that is, the bus takes 2 miles to make a round trip...

so you'll need to make 7 and half trips roughly to get its perma-perk...

i wish ye good luck doing so.

that is not true, i've seen some guys running 50 miles and still didn't got it...

"I'm starting to believe there is no staminup, Flopper, or Double tap perms in this game. I went around the map 88 miles worth, all except for maybe 10 miles were me running with the Relativistic Punishment Device (RPD upgraded). Even if we say I ran a total of 50 miles out of 88, that would mean that running 50 miles in a single game doesn't get you stamin up, so it would have to be more..."

Source: http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200548818?start=30&tstart=0

Also that thread has got a lot more information about this subjec than this thread has.

Hagane
11-28-2012, 08:00 AM
that is not true, i've seen some guys running 50 miles and still didn't got it...

"I'm starting to believe there is no staminup, Flopper, or Double tap perms in this game. I went around the map 88 miles worth, all except for maybe 10 miles were me running with the Relativistic Punishment Device (RPD upgraded). Even if we say I ran a total of 50 miles out of 88, that would mean that running 50 miles in a single game doesn't get you stamin up, so it would have to be more..."

Source: http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200548818?start=30&tstart=0

Also that thread has got a lot more information about this subjec than this thread has.

Thanks for the insight :p

EDIT: Just read some of those, and the theories seem a little ridiculous xD

First off, what good would having something like Double Tap 2 do? The actual perk already acts as a full effect, there is no partiality in it. (Where as something like Quick Revive, or more headshot damage is just a smaller version of a "better" effect.) Same thing for whatever they're thinking the "Reloading" passive effect does, unless it's something completely different from just reloading faster! :p

Then Juggernog has literally NOTHING to do with the Zombie Shield xD If anything, it probably has something to do with you taking hits and surviving- not the Shield!

Finally, what passive effect could possibly be connected to Tombstone? It's a perk that doesn't change your character at all- and it only serves it's purpose when you're down and choose to die! No idea what that one could lead to. :p

StaminUp, PHD Flopper and Juggernog all seem like they'd have passive effects because they affect your CHARACTER, not your guns/other perks. :p (Also, I theorize that you can achieve whatever challenge they unlock with WITHOUT the perks. Since you're able to obtain the Quick Revive passive effect without actually having to buy the perk itself.)

ezzyduzzzit
11-28-2012, 08:11 AM
How do you know if you have the "PermaPerks?"

Hagane
11-28-2012, 08:16 AM
How do you know if you have the "PermaPerks?"

When you're trying to achieve them or are sure that you're close to getting them, look closely for some green "smoke" and your character saying something that they usually don't. (EX: "I knew this was there all along!")

Other than that, there are small indicators that inform you that you have a passive effect; like the purple "Reviving" text you see when you're picking a teammate up, or the different boards for your barricades with the whirring sounds. :woop:

ezzyduzzzit
11-28-2012, 08:34 AM
When you're trying to achieve them or are sure that you're close to getting them, look closely for some green "smoke" and your character saying something that they usually don't. (EX: "I knew this was there all along!")

Other than that, there are small indicators that inform you that you have a passive effect; like the purple "Reviving" text you see when you're picking a teammate up, or the different boards for your barricades with the whirring sounds. :woop:

Ok thanks. And also what mode do you have to plan on to get them.. I always play TranZit but through custom and on easy.. Any info on that?

Hagane
11-28-2012, 08:39 AM
Ok thanks. And also what mode do you have to plan on to get them.. I always play TranZit but through custom and on easy.. Any info on that?

They only work on Tranzit, and I got my Quick Revive passive effect on Custom- but I have no idea about Easy mode. :o

If it helps, I do know that if you store money in the Bank on Easy- it's still accessible on the regular difficulty. So... maybe? :p But I dunno about that one for sure.

bullet8t8
11-28-2012, 12:46 PM
Fastest way to get quick revive permaperks on tranzit. This way you can help people get it

Fastest way to get Permanent Perk for Fast Reviving-Black ops 2 Tranzit - YouTube

trymemf
11-28-2012, 04:15 PM
Cool, ill try it later! I neeeds them quick revive

Bahroo3
11-28-2012, 07:14 PM
Pretty sure your first thread was deleted. We already have a thread discussing Perma-Perks, if you want to post a video put it there.

cottoman18
11-28-2012, 07:51 PM
You CAN get them on easy, my friend and I got him Quick revive, dead-shot and the steel barriers. I still haven't been able to get the stamina or the juggernaut yet. And I haven't seen or heard of how to get the phd flopper perk.

Aaron15
11-28-2012, 08:30 PM

Collateral headshot with the starting pistol gets it, well it did for me.

Hagane
11-28-2012, 11:07 PM
Pretty sure your first thread was deleted. We already have a thread discussing Perma-Perks, if you want to post a video put it there.

This is that very same thread amigo. O_o (You might be seeing double.)

You CAN get them on easy, my friend and I got him Quick revive, dead-shot and the steel barriers. I still haven't been able to get the stamina or the juggernaut yet. And I haven't seen or heard of how to get the phd flopper perk.

That's good news! :D At least now people don;t have to go through all the trouble of being ranked down if they constantly die while trying to find out if something works, or if a friend wants to give you the Quick Revive! :p

Greysen93
11-28-2012, 11:35 PM
Alright thanks

Bahroo3
11-29-2012, 12:59 AM
This is that very same thread amigo. O_o (You might be seeing double.)

A Mod merged his thread into this one and kept all of the posts.

Hagane
11-29-2012, 02:28 AM
I played around a bit with Mustang and Sally on a Custom Tranzit a bit earlier (I was shooting the ground near me on purpose), not sure if how many times I did it... but it was at least 70-80 times. (I ended up dying from no Ammo lol!)

A Mod merged his thread into this one and kept all of the posts.

My mistake then, I seemed to have missed that. :p

Ravenous IE
11-29-2012, 03:31 AM
Earlier on was playing a bit of Tranzit when I was jumped on by an imp that was on fire and I was also in the fire, I knifed him off and green smoke appear and my character said something!

Thing is, I tried a good old swan dive, no PhD flopper, tried reloading weapon, no quicker reload, tried getting slapped a few times nothing either.

I already have mini Quick Revive, Barriers and the Exploding heads perk unlocked. I'll look over it in theater I suppose and see what was said.

the elite merc
11-29-2012, 07:48 AM

I have been getting troubles with this one, i tried it with my brother in a custom game (not splitscreen). in wave 2 he made a train, i had the m14 and he came running towards me, so i popped a few collaterals, nothing then after 2-3 times i got it, later we died in that game, new game... deadshot = gone, so we startert crouching so the zombies stayed asleep, bought m14, 2 people were watching as 1 double headshoted 2 zombies, no deadshot, so the zombies wake up.... the other 2 start walking towards me, i collateral those, then it unlocked.... got steel boards and around 10k in the bank and a RPD in the fridge (but i had to quit before we all died) so i hope that it is saved this time.

Bulletman
11-29-2012, 08:33 AM
Jimmy Zielinski posted this on his twitter last week:

Seriously, some of you are making great progress, keep it up! The rest of you might want to run faster. And no, I will never tell.

So there is some sort of Stamina UP boost in the game.

The requirements for deadshot and Steel Barriers seem similar to two WaW achievements, so I'm going to try some stuff out. Looking forwards to going 20 rounds without any perks!!

Obama bin laggn
11-29-2012, 11:10 AM
Went to rd 30 without perks or power... Nothing! Got jug, and died on 37, not bad for solo but a complete waste of time. Lol

Deadly Krueger
11-29-2012, 01:51 PM
what if we start a petition to get the details revealed? it worked to KINDA get nuketown back? lol

intheshallow
11-29-2012, 02:29 PM
So far, only 3 are confirmed it seems.

Quick Revive - Revive someone 10-20 times in one game
Deadshot - 2 head shots with 1 bullet (maybe 3?)
Steel Barriers - Board up 250 barriers (make sure you get points for it) in one game

Is this right? I was given my Quick Revive perk on 10 revives so I can confirm that.

Mykel 13
11-29-2012, 04:58 PM
If I get these permaperks on solo, do I have them in online multiplayer?

shooterking69
11-29-2012, 08:54 PM
^ would like to know to ^
Even knowing it would be kind of hard.

Also can I do quick revive with an 2nd controller?

C Denis SLO
11-29-2012, 09:33 PM

Also can I do quick revive with an 2nd controller?

Yes i do it online 2 controllers split screen

Hagane
11-30-2012, 12:57 AM
If I get these permaperks on solo, do I have them in online multiplayer?

Whatever you on Online Tranzit (doesn't matter if it's Solo, Easy or Custom), will be able to be used forever on future Tranzit games. The Bank, the passive effects, etc. :woop:

Dayam
11-30-2012, 04:41 AM
Hey the grenade kills and running 15 miles is wrong. Don't bother trying.

I just finished a solo game at round 41. This was solo play, not custom. legit.
I actually wrote down my stats before I started so I could calculate how much I gained.

Total Miles started at 134. Now 188. I only rode the bus once around until I got all my perks. Everything else was running. No perk.

Grenade Kills started at 28. Now its 397. No perk. Used Grenades/RPG/War Machine.

MC B0B x360a
11-30-2012, 09:17 PM
Not sure if this was posted but I read that stamin up is 100 knuckle kills in one game. Supposedly it makes your sprint last longer.

Hagane
12-01-2012, 12:10 AM
Hey the grenade kills and running 15 miles is wrong. Don't bother trying.

I just finished a solo game at round 41. This was solo play, not custom. legit.
I actually wrote down my stats before I started so I could calculate how much I gained.

Grenade Kills started at 28. Now its 397. No perk. Used Grenades/RPG/War Machine.

Custom is legit as long as you don't mess with the options :p

Hmmm, but I thought it was only actual "grenade kills" that counted? D: I've messed with Mustang and Sally before, and a friend of mine livestreamed something similar to Round 31 with "explosive weapons", still nada.

We think it's legitimate Semtex or Frag kills, or surviving explosions for whatever PHD Flopper demands. :D

Not sure if this was posted but I read that stamin up is 100 knuckle kills in one game. Supposedly it makes your sprint last longer.

That's interesting, I'll give it a try. :)

Dayam
12-01-2012, 12:45 AM

I know that's not true. I used to get the knuckles around wave 5 and just use that until wave 15 or until it stopped taking one hit to kill.

I read someplace that the creator(forgot his name) mentioned we needed to "move faster". It sounded like a race of some sort. I haven't completely tried yet but I'm gonna "race" the bus around the map on foot while still on round 1. I've noticed you hear a ding every time you reach the bus stop. (could be the ding?)

Deadly Krueger
12-01-2012, 02:16 AM
It sounded like a race of some sort. I haven't completely tried yet but I'm gonna "race" the bus around the map on foot while still on round 1. I've noticed you hear a ding every time you reach the bus stop. (could be the ding?)

How are we supposed to get from town back to the bus stop?

Dayam
12-01-2012, 03:11 AM
How are we supposed to get from town back to the bus stop?

I thought about that. perhaps you can leave your turbine by jug? make sure to have money in the bank.

xCGIx PUNISHER
12-01-2012, 04:43 AM
I heard if you punch yourself in the nuts 1,000 times in one game you get Juggernog.

Deadly Krueger
12-01-2012, 02:15 PM
I thought about that. perhaps you can leave your turbine by jug? make sure to have money in the bank.

ok well have fun. Let us know how it goes and if it can be done

Bulletman
12-03-2012, 02:38 AM
PHD Flooper/No Fire Damage has been confirmed, but he doesn't know how he unlocked it!

Black Ops 2 Zombies Tranzit - PHD Flopper Unlocked - YouTube

Hagane
12-03-2012, 04:04 AM
PHD Flooper/No Fire Damage has been confirmed, but he doesn't know how he unlocked it!

Black Ops 2 Zombies Tranzit - PHD Flopper Unlocked - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XgrT7n7YNw&feature=player_embedded)

O_o

Wut.

Very good information, nonetheless! :D Thank you very much! (Mind if I add it to the top post?)

Bulletman
12-03-2012, 04:21 AM
O_o

Wut.

Very good information, nonetheless! :D Thank you very much! (Mind if I add it to the top post?)

Of course you can. :)

Hagane
12-03-2012, 04:35 AM
Of course you can. :)

Thanks, the original post has been updated. :p

The perk essentially makes you "fireproof", but you're still lit on fire; so I take that it works similarly to the Black Ops I Flak Jacket Pro. (Except, from the looks of the video I would assume it grants full immunity in Tranzit, rather than just reducing fire damage to 5%?) Also, being lit on fire means no easy cheevo! :p

Slim Shady
12-03-2012, 09:31 AM
I'm glad I wasted a few hours getting these just to have them disappear. They are not permanent

Hagane
12-03-2012, 12:02 PM
I'm glad I wasted a few hours getting these just to have them disappear. They are not permanent

Did they disappear within hours of earning them? Obviously something's up, because my Double Headshot passive effect is still in play, and so is my Quick Revive. O_o

I'm fairly sure that I've had them for awhile now too.

In case that they aren't permanent... well, then I'd hope that the "Fireproof" perk isn't 300 grenade kills or that StaminUp isn't running more than five miles. :/

EDIT:

I did a brief investigation about the "loss of the passive effects" before I have to get ready for the day:

It seems that the perks can be "lost", nobody quite yet knows whether it's intentional, some sort of "wipe", or if there's a time limit to them.

Aside from the theory that they're time-based, there's also a two more worth noting:

- They're lost after you lose levels in Zombies (quitting too many games)

- Treyarch wiped all the passive effects early this morning.

Only time will tell for sure! :p

Captain and 7
12-03-2012, 02:52 PM
I posted this on a separate thread, but it's worth noting here too. I lost my headshot affect, regained it, and then lost it again all in two rounds.

--------------------------------

In one game I lost my headshot passive affect. You know you lost it because you hear the sound you used to get when you threw the Gersch device off the map in the first black ops. The next round I regained it back by training a ton of zombies and letting loose on their heads with an M16. I then trained up a ton more zombies, began popping heads when I heard that noise again and lost the effect again.

I don't know what it is you do to lose it, my only guess is that it's like an on/off switch. I collateral'ed some heads to turn the perk on, and then did it again to turn it back off. I don't think that's actually how it works, but that's all I can come up with to explain what happened.

MR MOO 69
12-03-2012, 02:53 PM
couple of ideas on how to get PHD FLOPPER, take X amount of damage from lava or X amount of damage from zombie explosions (zombies on fire) just guesses though

Frozenghost001
12-03-2012, 07:49 PM
yeah my quick revive disappeared yesterday afternoon. i got it over a week ago too if anyone was curious. idk if it was a glitch or what but the 2 zombies games ive played yesterday i didnt have quick revive.

shooterking69
12-03-2012, 09:32 PM
- They're lost after you lose levels in Zombies (quitting too many games)

Only time will tell for sure! :p
It can't be that, I earn reforced barriers again and I lost in the same game (I did get downed once but doubt that it's).

Original Jet Li
12-04-2012, 02:33 PM
I earned deadshot in round 1, went on to round 7, watched and edited the clip to upload it to my channel, went back in the game to see if i could figure out phd flopper and deadshot was gone :confused:

EDIT: I completed the deadshot requirements 2 or 3 times more in online solo and it kept disappearing every new game I started until about the 4th time and then it stayed.

Hagane
12-05-2012, 12:59 AM
I earned deadshot in round 1, went on to round 7, watched and edited the clip to upload it to my channel, went back in the game to see if i could figure out phd flopper and deadshot was gone :confused:

EDIT: I completed the deadshot requirements 2 or 3 times more in online solo and it kept disappearing every new game I started until about the 4th time and then it stayed.

No idea what to tell you, that's why I've been stingy on the thread replies :/

Too many little things happening to a variety of people to speculate what causes the loss of the effects.

Bulletman
12-05-2012, 03:29 PM
Me and my mate found a bonus perk or something. We used all the teleporters in one game and probably teleported about 30 times all together. After that we noticed that we were getting about 4-5 drops every round! It was retarded lol, we were getting max ammos, nukes, insta kills and double points all the time, but noticed that we didn't get any carpenters.

Today I was fireproof, but I don't know how I got it. Between rounds 25-30 I did have a zombie shield on my back and it got hit a lot. I noticed that when I run across the lava I didn't take any damage.

Ive lost overkill/deadshot quite a few times now. I think these are boosts not permaperks. You can lose Quick Revive aswell.

JORDAN K 95
12-05-2012, 07:15 PM
everything in zombies is total confusion!

nobody knows the ranking system, and nobody knows about permaperks

if someone has a video explaining EXACTLY how the ranking system works, PLEASE link me. ive seen many videos saying 'ranking system explained' and they are just theories / estimates, which are not proven to be real.

and these 'perma perks' you can loose them, but nobody knows how, (unless proven)

Obama bin laggn
12-05-2012, 08:39 PM
Well I lost metal boards first then a day later lost quick revive. Went back to split screen and re acquired both. Quit out, btw my guestacct was de ranked from the 15 downs, restarted public and had both In the first room but as soon as we left the depot I didn't have either :-/ went back to solo frustrated and had no metal boards so I dunno. And WTF at the "ranking system" I got the skull w blue eyes my first zombie game (4ppl rd26 town) and never got Bowie knife despite 50k kills, rd55 solo, rd 41 w2, rd 41 w3, rd 29w4, until I played w randoms, who ALL quit, migrated hosts till it was just me at rd 21. So I put a weapon in the fridge, made a deposit at thE bank, and died intentionally. Presto! I was ranked up to Bowie w blues for the first time since release day lol. MAKES NO SENSE WHATSOEVER!

Hagane
12-06-2012, 02:32 AM
Just spectated a stream where the broadcaster earned the Double Headshot, died... and did not have the "head lopping" effects in the next game of Tranzit he started. :/

I think there's more to this than what we think. :confused:

Original Jet Li
12-08-2012, 08:14 AM
Played tranzit last night and got to round 22 with a friend we both unintentionally got the metal barricades and both lost them in the same game and about 2 rounds later my friend got his back, and there was no way he met those requirements for a second time to earn them that quick :confused:

And neither of us lost our other perm-a-perks

abstract1620
12-09-2012, 03:27 AM
I have not played nearly enough to speculate, but I have taken quite an interest and have read through this thread. Here is something to consider:

I keep noticing inconsistancy in how many of x actions to obtain y result. Then the idea of loosing y result over another seemingly inconsistant amount of time. Perhaps it is based on an overall rating, and the fact that we're looking at stats from individual games is what is throwing us off.

Could it be something like # of revives compared to total number of rounds or games? Or something like total # of headshots compared to total # of kills? # of baricades repaired compared to # of rounds completed?

Guccme
12-09-2012, 04:18 AM
I got deadshot by shooting 2 zombies in the head with one bullet on instakill today :D

trymemf
12-09-2012, 09:11 PM
Just a quick qustion, ive had an orange "poof" on the box several times, does anyone know why that is?

trymemf
12-09-2012, 09:12 PM
Its the mystery box btw :)

Hagane
12-10-2012, 03:12 AM
Just a quick qustion, ive had an orange "poof" on the box several times, does anyone know why that is?

No idea, or I haven't payed attention to my Mystery Box. (I have used it A LOT in some games, spending more than 15-20k. Especially when I was trying for the "explosives perk".)

JuSt BLaZe
12-10-2012, 11:24 AM
The Steel-reinforced Barricades are totally strange:

In two games I had them. Also when I played SOLO I had them till round 15 and when I was round 30 something (close when I died) they were gone, had the wooden ones.

This is not permanent at all.

Obama bin laggn
12-10-2012, 11:33 AM
Had QR when my partner got downed by lava in rd 1, didn't have it when he got downed by zombie on rd 2 only a minute later. These are all comportent absurd. I saw the deadshot thing 4 times in a single game. And the my experience w the metal boards has been the same as above, obtaining nag losing them between rounds... What a joke, its been a month, cmon

Hagane
12-10-2012, 11:36 AM
The Steel-reinforced Barricades are totally strange:

In two games I had them. Also when I played SOLO I had them till round 15 and when I was round 30 something (close when I died) they were gone, had the wooden ones.

This is not permanent at all.

Up until about a week ago everything was fine (I think), then suddenly people began losing perks (mid-game or extremely prematurely.)

I can't say for certain, but at the time I made this they seemed consistent enough. :p

trymemf
12-10-2012, 03:02 PM
I got deranked today, anuone know why? I only lost on I but still :/

trymemf
12-10-2012, 03:02 PM
And i also lost all my permaperks in the same game :/

JuSt BLaZe
12-10-2012, 03:18 PM
I got deranked today, anuone know why? I only lost on I but still :/

When was the last time you played Zombie!? Also for the next time please edit your last post instead of double/triple posting, thanks.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=180508

Bulletman
12-10-2012, 03:20 PM

Ive come to the conclusion that these are not perma perks. They're more like the drops (Max Ammo, Insta kills etc) that are hidden and when you unlock them they last for a few rounds or so. If you die once you've unlocked them they carry on (sometimes) into the next game, but not for long.

Deranked? If you don't play every day, you get deranked. If you play and do badly for a few games, you get deranked. Quit to many times? Thats right, you get deranked lol!

trymemf
12-10-2012, 03:33 PM
I havent played for 1 day and that you get deranked for not playing for 1 day is just retarded, and yeah man sry, i need to start editing my posts instead

JuSt BLaZe
12-10-2012, 04:20 PM
I havent played for 1 day and that you get deranked for not playing for 1 day is just retarded, and yeah man sry, i need to start editing my posts instead

That is really lame but I don't think it's just one day. Let's say you play Zombie an entire day and do a shitload of kills/revives and so on you can take off like more than one day of this mode. I didn't touch the game for an entire day and DID NOT GET DE-RANKED.

But the last time I played it I did over 1.500 kills. It's still stupid though.

trymemf
12-10-2012, 06:24 PM
I just wish they had a system that goes througgh all your stats in zombies and just gives you a rank based on that, cus imagine if you go away on vacation then youll be level one or something -.- But ive got around 10k kills today and about 70revives and just got downed like 10times so ill try not playing and see if i get deranked, I also have Iron boards and Quickie rev so if i get deranked ill also check if they are gone.

JuSt BLaZe
12-11-2012, 07:00 PM
Aaaaah shit now I just realize since I'm playing a Solo TranZit game I do have the Steel-reinforced Barricades permanent but when I go to any COOP match I don't have them but the Quick Revive one. Makes more sense now hehe.

You can only have them in either mode and also have to unlock them for each one.

Hagane
12-12-2012, 12:16 AM
Aaaaah shit now I just realize since I'm playing a Solo TranZit game I do have the Steel-reinforced Barricades permanent but when I go to any COOP match I don't have them but the Quick Revive one. Makes more sense now hehe.

You can only have them in either mode and also have to unlock them for each one.

O_o

I don't think so. I unlocked Quick Revive on Split Screen (Coop technically), and Steel Barricades when I was testing for the Explosive kills (solo.) I was able to use both in Coop games. Pretty sure I unlocked the Double Headshot effect solo too, and I was able to use it on Coop.

JuSt BLaZe
12-12-2012, 02:27 PM
O_o

I don't think so. I unlocked Quick Revive on Split Screen (Coop technically), and Steel Barricades when I was testing for the Explosive kills (solo.) I was able to use both in Coop games. Pretty sure I unlocked the Double Headshot effect solo too, and I was able to use it on Coop.

Well yeah it is what it is, different in every game on everyone's save-file. The only thing I got for sure is quick revive. All the other stuff comes and goes.

HIGHHANDS
12-13-2012, 07:49 PM
I havent played for 1 day and that you get deranked for not playing for 1 day is just retarded, and yeah man sry, i need to start editing my posts insteadi was on the scull with the knife and blue eyes.played almost a whole day to reached round 62 on Tranzit and 1 or 2 hours later i lost the blue eyes:D

i dont get it but the same thing happens before with the normal scull and the blue eys but some games later i jump up to the scull with the knife and blue eyes.hope i get the finale rank tonight, will see.

i can say for sure when you play solo and get all your games to high rounds without to much deaths you go up in ranks!

my fail was does i played some really bad games in the beginning for dirty achievements and that cursed me a while to rank up straight.i hope this is the night:D

JuSt BLaZe
12-16-2012, 02:30 PM
my fail was does i played some really bad games in the beginning for dirty achievements and that cursed me a while to rank up straight.i hope this is the night:D

Yeah same here. Man I've the skull emblem with blue eyes and five tally marks for ages now, even after +10.000 kills. This is just stupid!

GeneralGranko
12-16-2012, 06:37 PM
I agree with that, that everything is so confusing, the ranking - wtf?...
Perma-perks, only 3 really known and ppl are trying to find more, but no-one even knows if there are any more, it needs an official word from 3ARC I think :(

Bulletman
12-19-2012, 12:54 AM
Treyarc confirmed in thier patch notes for the PC that these are called 'Persistant Upgrades' not 'Perma perks'. No one knows how unlock this new persistant upgrade, but it's really sweet and I'm trying to find it. Electric Blast sounds pretty cool:

Electric Blast Perma-perk - YouTube

Hagane
12-19-2012, 02:09 AM
Treyarc confirmed in thier patch notes for the PC that these are called 'Persistant Upgrades' not 'Perma perks'. No one know how unlock this new persistant upgrade, but it's really sweet and I'm trying to find it. Electric Blast sounds pretty cool:

Electric Blast Perma-perk - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_yOzOvgrLw&feature=player_embedded)

Mind if I update the OP? :p (Shame I can't really change the title to the thread though...) Perhaps someone else should make a more refined thread :p

Bulletman
12-19-2012, 02:26 AM
Update away! Maybe you could create a zombie info thread with everything we know, not just persistant upgrades, but strategies, reviews on the guns, what the guns are like once they're pack a punched, the teddy bear song, usages for EMP gredades and tons of other stuff lol.

I'll help you if you do!

Hagane
12-19-2012, 02:21 PM
Update away! Maybe you could create a zombie info thread with everything we know, not just persistant upgrades, but strategies, reviews on the guns, what the guns are like once they're pack a punched, the teddy bear song, usages for EMP gredades and tons of other stuff lol.

I'll help you if you do!

Haha xD That would be great actually, but I don't think I'd be the right person to do something like that. I made this thread because this topic was a thing people deserved to know about, but I don't have the necessary time or dedication to BlOps II to make something bigger. (I'm pretty "below average" at the game too! :p)

If anyone wants to make something like that, I'd allow them to use this for whatever guide they write- however they wanted. :) (No strings attached!)

Original Jet Li
02-03-2013, 07:54 AM
Ok so I jumped on the new maps last night discovered they were pretty tough when you're alone so I went on tranzit and I believe I went and unlocked juggernog :eek: because now I can take 4 hits off a zombie before I go down, I uploaded the the video to black ops channel because I don't know how to get it on YouTube

Lightnning
02-03-2013, 04:55 PM
Ok so I jumped on the new maps last night discovered they were pretty tough when you're alone so I went on tranzit and I believe I went and unlocked juggernog :eek: because now I can take 4 hits off a zombie before I go down, I uploaded the the video to black ops channel because I don't know how to get it on YouTube

Ya yur right, After the Update last Saturday, both Perma Jog and a Red Insta kill were discovered..

Jugs VERY usfull haha i dont play on Die Rise without it XD The Red insta kill tho is werid but nice if yu wana try for it.

My buddy linked me to a tutorial for the Perma Jug so ill share it here aswell, http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=k_rhktzgiJk

Heh Credit to whoever found these! there Bloody usful XD o an best part is perma Jug stacks on with juggnaut so yu can get hit 8 total times before K.O.ing ^^

Tip tho, I keep lossing it tho after awhile or if i get downed enoff. like 2 or so downs in every game so expext it to just odinly vanish on yu if yu have had it for awhile. But its easy as heck to get back so no worries if yu do lose it ^^

Original Jet Li
02-03-2013, 11:55 PM
Jugs VERY usfull haha i dont play on Die Rise without it XD The Red insta kill tho is werid but nice if yu wana try it.

What's the red insta kill?

So have they made it easier too get juggernog? Or have I just missed it?

Lightnning
02-04-2013, 12:35 PM
What's the red insta kill?

So have they made it easier too get juggernog? Or have I just missed it?

Red Insta kill is like a secret upgrade version the lasts half the time of normal insta kill. Yu get it by picking up a insta kill an NOT killing anyithing.

After that the next time yu get a insta kill yu'll unlock the red version which makes yu kinda like a god as yu once the zombies touch yu the die.

An ya heh i geuss they did make Juggnaut easyer to get XD but yu'll still wana buy the actual perk if yu wana get far ^^

Heres a video for the Red insta kill explenation, Credit to original founder.
Black Ops 2 Zombies | Secret Insta Kill Upgrade Explained (BO2 TranZit Red Insta Kill) - YouTube

DarnedCargo
02-04-2013, 02:43 PM
Ok i have a stupid question. Do perma perks last for just the game you get them in or can i get a perma perk in one game then get to round x then die and start again from round 1 with the perma perks?

Lightnning
02-04-2013, 02:46 PM
Ok i have a stupid question. Do perma perks last for just the game you get them in or can i get a perma perk in one game then get to round x then die and start again from round 1 with the perma perks?

Not stupid question at all, Actually it depends on the perk yu have, I kno qucik revive yu lose it if yu dont revive somone who's down in yur area but if yu do then yu keep it for whatever game yur in..

So like a said all depends on the perk but long as yu keep the requirment for it up it'll stay for many games.

mr bigmacrapper
02-10-2013, 05:22 PM
To get perma juggyou need to die in round 1 (die rise) two times in a row on solo haven't tried it with any one else yet if someone finds a way with two people that would be great

DarkCrown
02-12-2013, 06:00 AM
To get perma juggyou need to die in round 1 (die rise) two times in a row on solo haven't tried it with any one else yet if someone finds a way with two people that would be great

Does it have to be in die rise ?

silverhawk97
02-12-2013, 09:10 AM
Does it have to be in die rise ?

Nope. Me and a buddy got this solo at the bus station and then loaded up splitscreen tranzit and still had it. It lasted the whole game even after getting downed.

DarkCrown
02-17-2013, 03:44 PM
What's the perk called , when you are down , your pistol shoot like small rocket?

snipingheadshot
02-17-2013, 08:08 PM
What's the perk called , when you are down , your pistol shoot like small rocket?

If you're playing solo, quick revive will pick you up and you'll have Mustang and Sally.

DarkCrown
02-18-2013, 06:29 AM
Ah okay , it's weird I was sure that last time I was down I didn't have those

Thanks!

snipingheadshot
02-18-2013, 12:48 PM
Does anyone know what the growling sound is on Die Rise when you play one of the characters? What I mean is, does it have any importance?

TheBiohazard187
03-24-2013, 06:18 AM
Does anyone know what the growling sound is on Die Rise when you play one of the characters? What I mean is, does it have any importance?

It has to do with you playing as samuel, he ate zombie flesh so he hears things.... it also explains why he is the only one that can hear the scientist.