Achievement - Leg it out

Juhas84

Hi,

Little update.

I`ve already make 220 points (and I`m 5 overall).. My friend has 374 so it is possible to make 300 but it is very painful and depends on how well kinect regonizes your moves. I have biggest problem when excersise changes - I get a lot of fail then.

PS: And it is not cumultative - it must be done in one try,, :(

Hi,

Big update: I`ve done it! 306 point (I wish I had known that 3rd place is 308 :( )

It was really hard, and I was almost unconsious for 20 min after that :)

Some facts:

It took me 4,5 full set (4 exercise per set) which gives about 4`30`` to complete.

Reps don`t have to be perfect - they need to be done fast. Tricky parts are exercises changes. To complete achievement I was forced to change exercise almost 20 times (first 4 changes are consequence free, all next need to be perfect for the bar to stay full)

Snagged the achievement last night with 325. Here are some tips that I just posted on trueachievements.com that folks may find helpful:

Make no mistake -- this one will hurt. However, there are several things that will kill your chances of getting this achievement long before your legs tire out:

Transitions: You need to switch exercises when the trainer starts talking about the next exercise, and not when he/she actually switches to the next exercise on-screen. Until I realized this, I would fail out of sudden death at the start of the second round of lunge jumps every time, and was stuck in the 70 - 80 point range. As soon as I switched it up, I shot up ~100 points on my next attempt.

Form: The game is fairly forgiving here -- experiment a bit with how far down you have to squat/lunge, etc. Every bit you don't need to move is energy saved for the later sets.

Arms: It is vitally important to keep your arms moving as the game expects, or else you'll lose the movement bar even if your legs are in perfect position. Make sure you're pumping the opposite arm during lunges (especially the jumps, when it's easy to forget about your arms while you're focusing on wobbly legs) and really swinging them back at the bottom of the squat jumps.

Warm-ups: Skip them. All they do is drain energy that you'll need by the third minute of the challenge. Besides, your legs will be plenty warm within 30 seconds of starting :)

If you take care of these four items, the achievement will become a private matter between you and your quads.

Also, one other thing worth mentioning is that just by nature of the fact that the game is dealing with fundamentally fuzzy/ambiguous input (i.e., Kinect), expect to get called done while you're still doing things perfectly at least once or twice. It's extremely frustrating, so just try to channel that frustration into your next attempt.

• 6 months later...

Even for someone like me at 15 years old 5'4 and only 7.5 stone this was almost impossible the kinect would always decide to loose track of me, also i play as a left midfielder for my football team which requires you to do a lot of sprinting and fitness and i did not have much fitness to do this would always fail around 120-130, but the tips indicated above helped a lot did in the next 2 tries, first at 280 then the next at 336.

Also before you attempt this think ahead of time and see if you have to do anything for the next week because your knees will need a massive rest, i had a football match the next day and i could hardly stand up let alone run