PDA

View Full Version : CrackDown or Saints Row

scottyjrj
09-29-2007, 05:41 AM
Which do u think is better saints row or crackdown

Also thx 4 being honest wiv ur vots and jst thx 4 voting

MadMartign
09-29-2007, 05:43 AM
i like crackdown alot more than saints row... just enjoy jumping on buildings and runnin around more. Saints row is alright, i just view it as more of sub-par GTA.. in fact i'd rather play san andreas than Saints Row.

Leb23ron
09-29-2007, 05:44 AM
If you want a game with a story then get saints row, you can do activities in it to, in crackdown its pretty much just go to the point and kill.

Cyrex
09-29-2007, 01:26 PM
crackdown and please don't make anymore of these threads because we now have a review section so if you want to get a new game go there and compare the two. Nobody can tell what game types you like or anything so we could be making the wrong choice for you

TimmayTheTurtle
09-29-2007, 02:11 PM
crackdown by far.
saints row is just wiger that some how ppl in the ghetto like.
crackdown is just insane

oneandonlytommo
09-29-2007, 06:20 PM
id rather play saints row because after you have completed crackdown theres nothing to do

Bullet2theface
09-30-2007, 01:05 AM
Crackdown is way better saints

gatorbait
09-30-2007, 01:33 AM
Enjoyed both but Saints Row just gave me my GTA fix that I needed so much. Wasn't anything revolutionary or new but a well done GTA clone which is nothing bad at all.

Crackdown was fun for how long it lasted which wasn't very long unfortunately.

I felt the game play and story kept Saints Row fun and the achievements kept Crackdown going. Overall I give this one to Saints. Looking forward to that sequel.

Magooush
09-30-2007, 01:35 AM
They are similar kind of games but from completely separate views. If you liked GTA a lot you would like Saint's Row more, but Crackdown is basically like a futuristic version of GTA if you were on the Police. Kinda... Lol.

StatisticZ
09-30-2007, 01:55 AM
Saints Row, because I p[played Crackdowns demo, and really did not like it. I've always heard 100% good things about Saints Row, but I never played it =x

Magooush
09-30-2007, 02:10 AM
Saints Row, because I p[played Crackdowns demo, and really did not like it. I've always heard 100% good things about Saints Row, but I never played it =x Seriously, how could you recommend a game over another game when you haven't played either one of the games:confused: The demo of Crackdown made things much quicker and I must say, I didn't like the demo, but I liked the game.

StatisticZ
09-30-2007, 02:14 AM
Seriously, how could you recommend a game over another game when you haven't played either one of the games:confused: The demo of Crackdown made things much quicker and I must say, I didn't like the demo, but I liked the game.

I wouldn't have, if I really really didn't firmly believe Crackdown sucked, but true, my friends letting me borrow his Crackdown tomorrow, I'll see if I can borrow Saints Row too, and give a more "accurate" and pleasing reply.

Magooush
09-30-2007, 02:17 AM
I am just saying your basing a opinion on "hearsay" and a demo. Most demos don't have the full options and experience as the full game.

To add on to my opinion, Saint's Row is a much longer game than Crackdown.

lostmotiv
09-30-2007, 04:40 AM
i own both and i must say i enjoyed saints row more simply because of the story. There almost was no story in crackdown, as far as gameplay went crackdown gets my vote but overall i just can't say no to saintsrow. The story and the characters are great, good variety in missions you just can't go wrong. Crackdown is actually pretty repetative for a game thats so "open-ended"

Punish3r
09-30-2007, 03:32 PM
I would have to say Crackdown. While Saint's Row is fun, I had more deja vu than anything, and nothing felt truely new to me. Don't get me wrong it's a good game, but I enjoyed Crackdown more.

For one thing, you can explore up and down the city, which is a very unique experience in itself. The upgrade system was awesome, and there is always plenty to do. The Co-op experience is also extremly fun, and the added content pack includes even more for online play.

Cavaliers07
09-30-2007, 04:41 PM
I would say Saints Row. I like GTA games and I found it more enjoyable then a normal GTA game. Its got a good storyline and loads of things to do then just the missions. Crackdown I found boring after completing it

Derrick DS
10-01-2007, 12:42 PM
I've played and beaten both. Crackdown was fun, but it was entirely too short. Co-op adds a little replay value, but ultimately there isn't much to come back to.

Saints Row is more of the traditional GTA style game, but in my opinion, a little better than the GTA entries. The game is much longer, there are tons of side missions to do and much more replay value. There are also many different online modes.

My choice, Saints Row.

matthewaburns
10-01-2007, 12:51 PM
Saints Row may be like GTA but its not as far fetched as jumping twenty foot high or jumping across buildings like crackdown. So Saints Row for me.

Steelhead
10-01-2007, 12:54 PM
I liked Crackdown 1000 times better than SR.

pavementpoop
10-01-2007, 02:46 PM
Yea crackdown, alot better saints row lacks alot
________
HOT BOX VAPORIZER REVIEW (http://vaporshop.com/)

ThaPrototype
10-01-2007, 04:26 PM
They were both pretty shallow games. Saints Row was a low budget GTA. Crackdown was fun but had no story. Put the 2 together and you might have a decent GTA game. But Crackdown was fun for just fucking around with.

XceptOneAlpha
10-01-2007, 10:06 PM
both game good, both do different things so yeah u got a choice to do missions or kill people or jump around

bash407
10-01-2007, 10:57 PM
saints row because more sexy a huge fun in online

manicpunk111
10-02-2007, 07:09 PM
I never rly got into crackdown but had a lot of fun on saints row

hainesdogg
10-04-2007, 05:11 AM
I really enjoyed Crackdown, but the game was just too short.

Saints is a great GTA clone and has more too do.

Personally I like them both but for lasting appeal, I've gotta go with Saints.

BlaZiN cdn
10-04-2007, 05:43 PM
I voted Saints Row because it's more realistic, it's funner, and the story is longer.

JoeCool7835
10-17-2007, 04:40 PM
It's close, but my vote goes to Crackdown. While Saint's Row tried a few things (particularly online), it felt too much like San Andreas. Crackdown, however, was a fresh experience through and through.

Skillet
10-17-2007, 04:53 PM
Crackdown. I think it's the whole crazy leveling up RPG thing. It just makes the game really fun rather than robbing mini-marts and getting a bite at "Freckle Bitch's".

marcodecca
10-17-2007, 09:37 PM
Both are really good games in my opinion. I say if you can get both used for fairly cheap, get both of them, because they are both great games.

DrH3rbz
10-17-2007, 09:43 PM
I voted Saints Row based on the fact I have Saints Row and enjoyed playing it and haven't played crackdown, saints row has quite a variety of things to do because of its activities etc, but the story is a bit lacking, though still entertaining.

Blind x360a
10-17-2007, 09:48 PM
Saints Row is better.

Crackdown is fun and you can enjoy it but Saints Row has so many options. The single player is fun with activities and such. The Online is better, and to the person who would rather play San Andreas your funny. The online on SR will be better then GTA IV

Way Fast CBR
10-18-2007, 08:07 AM
i would go with saints row, i loved the single player, but there is way to many glitchs and chain/ drop off campers/ standbyers, which makes it a horrible expeireance

station1
10-18-2007, 03:36 PM
I only bought crackdown for the halo 3 beta, but played the game and actually loved it, tried saints row but never could get into it. Those damn orbs are a pain in the butt.

Toki Wauna Noki
10-21-2007, 12:43 AM
Crackdown was a fun game

Chilidog Chaos
10-21-2007, 05:01 AM
Which do u think is better saints row or crackdown

Also thx 4 being honest wiv ur vots and jst thx 4 voting Read the forum rules use better grammer or Mr. Fibbles will come after you:p. I didn't really love either of them those but I'd get crackdown

Nicpezer
10-21-2007, 05:46 AM
I had a lot of fun with Saints Row and it was the reason that made me go back and finish GTA SA 100%. Crackdown was fun but really shallow and I just felt that there where parts in the game (like when you fight mutants) were the story was in development but they gave up. Not to mention I think I got a screw lose from finding all but 3 agility orbs by myself.

The online on SR will be better then GTA IV.
Now thats not right GTA hasn't even shown us it's MP features. SR was really laggy when it came out and it wasn't fixed for several months not to mention at the time there wasn't many maps. IDK how it is now I sold mine.

Blind x360a
10-21-2007, 06:11 AM
Several Months? It was fixed within a month...

There still isn't very many maps but its still better then GTA will be. And SR2 definetly will be better then GTA wit free roam.

Nicpezer
10-21-2007, 04:33 PM
All I remember is after a month or so of having the game I let a friend on and there was no update.

I guess will see when GTA 4 comes out. As far as SR 2 all I heard was that one was being made and nothing about it's free roaming or anything, I could be wrong though.

Blind x360a
10-21-2007, 04:48 PM
I post on the SR forums and they have stated there will be free roam they don't know how many people yet but they are taking PTP out. :(

patofthedead
10-21-2007, 06:01 PM
saints row :uzi:

pongsifu
10-22-2007, 12:04 AM
I'm one of the few people that did not like Crackdown at all. I rented it, and just thought it was incredibly boring.

Saint's Row I've never played, and I don't intend to.

Royle
10-22-2007, 11:51 AM
Crackdown has much much much more replay value tbh Saints Row is a good game though!

Diamond78
10-22-2007, 03:43 PM
I played both of them and had fun with both also.

But to decide it's a hard choice to make maybe I would go for the co-op of Crackdown which is great! :woop:

The graphs are a little bit better on Saints row and the customization of the player is big, you can change is underwear, his shoes, his hair color, his eyesbrows :eek: So many things that it might be hard to find two same characters.

I would recommend you to pick both since Crackdown just went out in the Classic games. :drunk

TuSeMorte
10-22-2007, 08:04 PM
I own both but I enjoyed crackdown more than Saints Row.

MajinFro
10-23-2007, 12:46 AM
hmmm tie in my book. crackdown for mindless acts of super powered ass kickery and Saint's Row for plot drivin gangsta action.

Blind x360a
10-23-2007, 12:50 AM
Crackdown has more replay value? SR's online is better then CRackdown.

zOwnerofallz
10-24-2007, 12:27 AM
Saints Row. Better story, realism, a lot more replay value, online mode (not just coop like crackdown) and all around more fun.

killlah631
10-24-2007, 02:58 AM
Saints Row, more in-depth, more variability(meaning different things to do, ex: activities). Crackdown is very repetitive in my opinion.