PDA

View Full Version : The Easy (er) way to beat the career left handed.

Xterm1n8or
09-29-2007, 05:36 PM
I was just looking at the achievements for this game and in particular the one for completing career left and right handed. I dont know if this means complete all difficulties left and right handed or just 1 difficulty but regardless this tip may help.

Basically if you are struggling with the lefty (or righty if you are left handed) career, put lefty flip on but hold the guitar as you normally would when playing right handed (do the opposite if you are left handed, hold the guitar normally and keep default righty flip on the game).

Face away from your tv and position a mirror infront of you so you can see your tv in it. Put it at a slight angle so you dont obstruct the view of the tv. You should be able to play the game as normal. Yes the scores and stuff will be reversed but that doesnt matter. Try it on gh2 you will see what i mean after all it is preschool science lol.

I know its cheap and many of you will learn left handed for the fun of it, and so will i, but if you ever get stuck, this is a solution. Oh and it is easier with a decent sized mirror :P

EDIT: i just thought they might do something with the guitar so it knows which way it is positioned, if that is the case, then this wont work, but i doubt they will do that.

Zef
09-29-2007, 06:27 PM
Or put it on easy so you only have three buttons to press =)

They may very well have a smart controller to check if you are 'cheating', but playing with lefty flip on is always fun so why would you want to cheat?

xJoex
09-29-2007, 06:52 PM
Do you think they will let you activate lefty flip when playing with controller?

For example, Turn on guitar > Activate Lefty flip > Disconnect guitar > Connect controller > Play song....

Someone go and try this.....

EDIT: I just want to point out that playing with Lefty on is fun, so I wont be 'cheating'! :)

Xterm1n8or
09-29-2007, 06:58 PM
I think you misunderstood me. If you can just beat easy to get the achievement then i will be doing it legit. But if you have to defeat all difficulties yes i will try my best but as i can only just beat most of expert right handed then i may use this trick for higher difficulties. ;) Just thought it would help people out if you have to beat it on all difficulties, because i dont want to spend 3 months learning a hand which i will never use after i get the achievement. :)

xJoex
09-29-2007, 07:31 PM
http://xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/393/+SlMuw==.jpgHendrix Reborn
10 http://xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpgComplete Career Lefty and Righty

I understand now! :D

Don't see anything about particular difficulty, or playing all the difficulties so I'm thinking it's just one run through of career!

TBH I don't care about the achievements and will play the game for the fun of it, until that boring, rainy afternoon... ;)

Xterm1n8or
09-29-2007, 07:35 PM
http://xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/393/+SlMuw==.jpgHendrix Reborn
10 http://xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.jpgComplete Career Lefty and Righty

Don't see anything about particular difficulty, or playing all the difficulties so I'm thinking it's just one run through of career!

TBH I don't care about the achievements and will play the game for the fun of it, until that boring, rainy afternoon... ;)

Same here mate, this game is gonna be awesome! I keep listening to Through the Fire and Flames and cant wait to have a bash on Expert. :)

xJoex
09-29-2007, 07:42 PM
GH2 was good, but with GH3 having Muse, The D, Dragonforce, Metallica, Guns n' Roses, RATM, Killers, Black Sabbath, Weezer, Iron Maiden and Kaiser Chiefs....

Need I say more! :D

TimmayTheTurtle
09-29-2007, 09:53 PM
Or put it on easy so you only have three buttons to press =)

They may very well have a smart controller to check if you are 'cheating', but playing with lefty flip on is always fun so why would you want to cheat?

cuz for some people it just gets really hard and annoying

killerofdafish
10-02-2007, 11:21 PM
Thats actually a really good way to get this achievement

Th3 Apache Dog
10-03-2007, 12:38 AM
GH2 was good, but with GH3 having Muse, The D, Dragonforce, Metallica, Guns n' Roses, RATM, Killers, Black Sabbath, Weezer, Iron Maiden and Kaiser Chiefs....

Need I say more! :D I played GH3 already, and it's awesome. The new guitar is freakin' sweet!
Anyway, the lefty flip, i would just put on easy like Zef said:p

TimmayTheTurtle
10-03-2007, 01:46 PM

what the fudge!?!?
only 10 points?

gh3 achievements are really poor as far as the points they give you

Watch the language, hippy.

killlah631
10-08-2007, 03:57 PM
Whatever just get done the lefty flip career and the easy career at the same time...even though that is kind of stupid, only 10 points for that.

mcline87
10-12-2007, 01:00 AM
I don't think it will be that difficult on easy. I'm probably going to try to go through and do lefty after I beat the career on hard or expert.

ClutchPapi34
10-19-2007, 05:58 AM
beating the game lefty will get old quickly :mad:

MinPinz
10-20-2007, 06:26 PM
I'm just mad it's beat career righty and lefty. I play lefty, so the Hendrix was one of the easiest achievements for me in 2. I've tried playing righty and it hurts my head b/c I have to actually think about what I'm doing. I have no clue how all you ppl do it ;).

Maybe I'll try that mirror thing, it's not a bad idea...thanks!

KlicK
10-20-2007, 06:41 PM
Beat it on lefty?

Well, I am left handed, so it's pretty simple for me. ; ) But I can [sort of] play right handed too.

Crimsonthrone
10-21-2007, 12:10 AM
cool ill try this when its released in the UK