PDA

View Full Version : "A" ranking walkthrough is BS....

k_dog
05-06-2006, 02:30 PM
So according to Chimera's awesome guide, I need a score of 15 mill to get an "A" ranking on Thorn's castle...

Yeah well that's horse shit because I just managed to get 17 mill and only got a "B"

First off, this shit is frustrating as it is, let alone have false information. Not only that, but from what I read, the guide only tells me "Enter this room, kill that troll and move on, once there, deal with thr two trolls in there, move on." It doesnt tell me any reccomendations as to how to kill them or what with. What good does that do me?

So I'm going to start by asking, how many points are REALLY needed for an "A" ranking on these because I'll be dammed if I'm going to go through that again and not meet the requirement because the guide was wrong.

-Brian

k_dog
05-07-2006, 03:12 AM
*Bump

So you're telling me that nobody on here knows how to get an "A" ranking on this friggin game?

Erutaerc
05-07-2006, 08:05 AM
It is 15 mill for Thorns Castle, 17 mill will probably be your overall score for the game.

ToastedSoul
05-08-2006, 05:41 PM
I just got my first A yesterday.

I did use the info on this site:
http://kameo.draekon.com/

download the videos and watch the to get a feeling for how it has to be done. basically, you need to get high multipliers (10x and higher) and then go into focus mode and kill as many of the doom trolls as possible. it's quite easy in the first level, but will be hard in the other ones!

k_dog
05-08-2006, 06:35 PM
It is 15 mill for Thorns Castle, 17 mill will probably be your overall score for the game.

No it's not my overall score, I'm not an idiot...

I replayed the level EXACLY how you are supposed to and got 17 on ONE stage.

firewx
05-10-2006, 04:14 PM
No it's not my overall score, I'm not an idiot...

I replayed the level EXACLY how you are supposed to and got 17 on ONE stage.

I don't think anyone is calling you an idiot. I can't verify the exact score needed since I scored something around 50-60 million on this. I do recommend watching the videos...they give you a lot of tips on what to do when faced with opponents. The videos have breaks in them though, most likely to pass over areas with no enemies. Milk the videos and the descriptions as much as you can. It took me about 3, maybe 4 tries before I got over it. Granted I've only rated "A" on Thorn's Castle and Airship levels...I heard the rest are harder!

BlitZx HyPnOsIs
05-14-2006, 11:55 PM
yeah i got 19 million and no achievement :(

Edit: tried and got 24 million and got the achievement. then i realized u must have at least 15 million b4 u finish the level and walk throught the door. I had 17 million before i walked throught the door and ended up with 24 million for the level

DELTA FOX
06-01-2006, 12:24 AM
I got thorns castle A on my first try with 17 mil. Its taken me about 5 goes for the other A rankings but snow temple took me about 20 goes. I only need forgotten forest now which I havent tried yet.

Marley Buckins
06-09-2006, 01:24 PM
So according to Chimera's awesome guide, I need a score of 15 mill to get an "A" ranking on Thorn's castle...

Yeah well that's horse shit because I just managed to get 17 mill and only got a "B"

First off, this shit is frustrating as it is, let alone have false information. Not only that, but from what I read, the guide only tells me "Enter this room, kill that troll and move on, once there, deal with thr two trolls in there, move on." It doesnt tell me any reccomendations as to how to kill them or what with. What good does that do me?

So I'm going to start by asking, how many points are REALLY needed for an "A" ranking on these because I'll be dammed if I'm going to go through that again and not meet the requirement because the guide was wrong.

-Brian

no way, his/her guide is the best fucking guide i have ever seen on how to get an A ranking on the levels. just watch the videos (yes they are rather large files, but totally worth it) i did exactly what was in the video for thorns castle and i walked away with 329,955,049 on my first try. just watch the videos, they are great.

side note: if you do download the vids, get form filefront. seems to be good speed there.

DaveWilma07
06-10-2006, 11:55 AM
Granted I've only rated "A" on Thorn's Castle and Airship levels...I heard the rest are harder!

Yes mate, they are! I still have yet to get my "A" on the Forgotten Forest level. Very frustrating too at times.

06-14-2006, 08:11 PM
Yes mate, they are! I still have yet to get my "A" on the Forgotten Forest level. Very frustrating too at times.

Forgotten forest was a fucking joke!! It took me just over 5 hours of play to finally get it. The videos help a lot as mentioned earlier from others

DaveWilma07
06-14-2006, 09:02 PM
Forgotten forest was a fucking joke!! It took me just over 5 hours of play to finally get it. The videos help a lot as mentioned earlier from others

Well played for getting it mate, I gave up in the end. 950 of 1000 isnt bad ;)

da1hoslappa
08-10-2006, 09:28 PM
Well played for getting it mate, I gave up in the end. 950 of 1000 isnt bad ;)

You need to get the new video here. (http://files.filefront.com/ForgottenForestAwmv/;5284870;;/fileinfo.html)

Webb
08-10-2006, 09:30 PM
We get the idea about the new video. Thanks, but I'm sure people know where they are going now ;)

Mulsiphix
02-20-2007, 05:09 AM
The videos seem to have expired. Any chance anybody else has a copy they could upload and link to or perhaps the originals are being hosted elsewhere?

EDIT
I've located the videos and created a thread with current links. (located here (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?p=193013#post193013))