PDA

View Full Version : Impossible

THEGREATMADMAN
09-30-2007, 10:30 AM
I just can't do it! The Penalty achievement i mean. I have been trying for hours and hours but i just can't seem to get it. Every time i get fouled when taking a shot it never goes the penalty shots, just to a standard face off. I am really frustrated, so if anyone could post a detailed step by step guide on how to get this achievement i would be much appreciated. Also i have not got a the breakaway achievement primarily because i have no idea what a breakaway even is

Zef
09-30-2007, 10:39 AM
I too have not got the penalty achievement, and I agree that a truly detailed step-by-step (possibly video) guide would be brilliant. And also show the exact options setup to use since I have read about three different things regarding how to set them out.

But there are plenty of threads concerning the penalty shot, as well as the Achievement Discussion thread. So try and use one of those in the future =)

THEGREATMADMAN
09-30-2007, 05:58 PM
I am unbelievably annoyed right now, me and my friend have been trying all day to get this and it just aint happening. I am really rally annoyed, and its gotta go back to rental store tomorrow

Steelhead
09-30-2007, 06:02 PM
There is a youtube video that shows how it's done. I watched it, then tried for hours and couldn't get it. I finally gave up. Just go to youtube and search NHL 2K6 penalty shot. Maybe you'll have better luck than I did.

I actually found the video on this forum. Just look for it in the 2K6 threads...it's there somewhere.

Turbo VDuB 44
09-30-2007, 07:26 PM
It's actually quite easy. You just need to make SURE that you are on a breakaway, meaning you are behind the defenders. If you cross the Blueline going into the offensive zone and you are not 1-on-1 with the goalie, you won't get it. That is the biggest step.

Then just pull the trigger back to wind up for a slapshot and just keep it there. Then have your other controller come from behind him (which is the other key, MUST be from behind) and slash the guy. Now you havea Penalty Shot. When you're going in on the PS, have the second controller take control of the goalie and pull him out of the net. Then just rip a shot into the empty net from point blank so you don't miss.

The first time i tried this, i shot and it deflected off the goalie and into the net and it said no goal so make sure the goalie is out of the way.

THEGREATMADMAN
09-30-2007, 07:37 PM
How do you move the goalie? we could't seem to get the little git to move.

twelve
09-30-2007, 08:14 PM
How do you move the goalie? we could't seem to get the little git to move.
Use a second controller. Pause and select Pull Goalie.

Simple.

twotonkoala
09-30-2007, 08:42 PM
I believe you can also press select to take control of the goalie to get him to move. Check the manual for that, or the options screen.

Also, I remember there being two ways to hit the people. It was either X or one of the triggers/bumpers....make sure you use the trigger/bumper and not X when fouling the guy on the breakaway, worked every time when we did that.