PDA

View Full Version : Rally Revo vs Dirt

matthewaburns
09-30-2007, 12:54 PM
I thought when I first read about the game in xbox magazine it might give Dirt a little competition. I down loaded the demo from the xbox marketplace and man, what a waste of time in my opinion. Opinions are like assholes, every one has one. My thought is put Ridge Racer on a dirt track and thats Rally Revo.

Arfiman
10-01-2007, 12:27 PM
I agree. Loved DiRT and finished it and the Sega Rally demo seemed terrible.

Getting the actual game tomorrow so will see if it deserves the decent ratings it has been getting.

matthewaburns
10-01-2007, 01:02 PM
Hey let me know, I was excited at first and was gonna get it on release day like dirt, but now I don't think I will. I'll probably wait for a few reviews in the forums to see. Keep us updated.

pavementpoop
10-01-2007, 02:44 PM
yea i played both demos, dirt alot better, after playing sega rally let down thought it would be gd. but meh
________
How to roll a joint (http://howtorollajoint.net/)

lostmotiv
10-01-2007, 11:50 PM
im a sucker for anything with a subaru so i definitly gotta give this at least a strong rent. Besides after doing that 1,000 miles in career mode achievement in dirt i need a new rally game, one where i wont have to do the same damn track over and over...

Cyrex
10-02-2007, 12:26 AM
im a sucker for anything with a subaru

man i love this it is so ironic, my friend just got an STI with the full blower and fuel injection and it is sweet. He also has yet to take drivers ed and has not yet turned 16.

I played the Revo demo and it seemed much worse than Dirt. The only time that i have played Dirt is at a Gamestop but the game is still better in my mind

Bax x360a
10-02-2007, 02:40 PM
I love both games if i'm being honest. Graphics are probably better in Dirt, but i love the physics in sega rally where the mad splashes up onto your car, and where going through puddles slows you down; nice little effects like that. Both are also very playable aswell in my opinion; i've got the 100 in Dirt, and now may have to try and get it in Sega Rally. Oh, on the achievement side, Dirt is deffinately the easier and quicker 1000...

Royal38
11-02-2007, 09:12 PM
Dirt all the way, after playing demo for Sega I wont bother with it.

Skillet
11-02-2007, 09:14 PM
Dirt! Just because of the name. Dirt FTW.

Actually, Dirt is better from the demo standpoint. Played both, liked Dirt.

SegaSaturnSNK
11-02-2007, 11:26 PM
Dirt and Sega Rally are totally two different racing games. Dirt is more sim than Sega Rally and people who are familar with the series know its an Arcade game and always has been an arcade game. As for which one I like, I like both but differently.

Ban these vs. threads Admins, they're pointless.

Tussell
11-02-2007, 11:59 PM
Ban these vs. threads Admins, they're pointless.
Couldn't agree more. Yet somehow I always get sucked into them trying to throw in my $0.02!

I'd probably go with Revo. I just like it much more.