PDA

View Full Version : Field of View

SuNuS
11-29-2012, 09:31 PM
Anyone know if Last Light will use the same field of view that was used in 2033?

Unfortunately I am one of the many who got physically ill when playing 2033 due to the field of view they used. It's never happened in any other game and it has affected a lot of gamers who played it.

I know they released a patch for the PC version to allow gamers to change the field of view because of complaints. I am just curious if anyone knows if those complaints and the fact that they patched it (on PC at least) will lead to a new field of view for Last Light.

Any info is appreciated. :)

Nevander
12-01-2012, 01:46 AM
I'm just hoping the whole combat style will be smoother. 2033 was okay, but it felt really... odd. Don't know how to explain it.

And the filters thing is confusing. To this day I still don't understand the way it works. And there would be times where I would have to constantly change them because Artyom kept breathing heavily and changing them didn't work. It was like an infinite change filter loop.

SuNuS
12-01-2012, 02:03 AM
I'm just hoping the whole combat style will be smoother. 2033 was okay, but it felt really... odd. Don't know how to explain it.

And the filters thing is confusing. To this day I still don't understand the way it works. And there would be times where I would have to constantly change them because Artyom kept breathing heavily and changing them didn't work. It was like an infinite change filter loop.

Lets just hope I can play this one without feeling like I just stepped off a roller coaster. :woop:

Opiate42
12-03-2012, 06:33 PM
Lets just hope I can play this one without feeling like I just stepped off a roller coaster. :woop:

Funny you say that. It's exactly how I felt almost verbatim when in that section where the kid is piggyback on you... was actually feeling wobbly the first time and very relieved when that section was over. Second run didn't bug me as much thankfully.

The play control was definitely not as tight as we're used to from the current gen of shooters. But like the first Dead Space I think it was intentional for the pacing of the game.

When you say "field of view" do you mean the first person perspective or having to look at the world through the gas mask through most of the game? Maybe it was the NA version I was playing but being an FPS I didn't notice any real difference in my field of vision until I had the mask on. Is there a display ratio difference that Metro had other games don't?

SuNuS
12-04-2012, 05:37 AM
Funny you say that. It's exactly how I felt almost verbatim when in that section where the kid is piggyback on you... was actually feeling wobbly the first time and very relieved when that section was over. Second run didn't bug me as much thankfully.

The play control was definitely not as tight as we're used to from the current gen of shooters. But like the first Dead Space I think it was intentional for the pacing of the game.

When you say "field of view" do you mean the first person perspective or having to look at the world through the gas mask through most of the game? Maybe it was the NA version I was playing but being an FPS I didn't notice any real difference in my field of vision until I had the mask on. Is there a display ratio difference that Metro had other games don't?

Yes. They used a FPS perspective that most developers do not use. (I'm not sure the technicals of it) Due to a large number of complaints, they patched the PC version to allow the user to use more familiar perspectives to alleviate the motion sickness. They did not release this patch for consoles unfortunately.

The obscured views and constant water/scratches, etc. on the masks didn't help but that wasn't what was making people ill. Lets just hope all those complaints led to them using a more stomach friendly perspective....for my sake! :woop: