Xbox Live Accounts Hacked/Stolen

MadPsyKO

Hello,

The subject says all. My brother and I Xbox Live Account was hacked/stolen today. I have no idea who did it. I reassure you it was none of my friends playing a cruel joke. Both Accounts, MadPsyKO and SUP3RPR0 was stolen from us. After finding this out we took the proper action and called Xbox Support and after hours explaining to them about our situation they said Both Accounts will be banned off of Xbox Live. Im fully aware of protecting my personal information, unlike my brother.

My brother befriended a person online by the gamer tag Manifesto Fenix. Where they engaged in innocent conversation which led to Manifesto Fenix giving my brother a link which looked like a legit Windows Live ID sign in. When my brother put in his Windows Live ID moments later he no longer could not access his Xbox Live Account.

What catches me by surprised was that my account was hacked as well and I too couldnt access it.(Maybe he has our IP Address idk). You can understand how pissed we are right now! Now Im afraid if I get a new Subscription set up the same hacker might steal it somehow. (Probably using our IP Address)

If you ever come across a person such as Manifesto Fenix I recommend you avoid this person at all costs!

Hackers are stealing Xbox Live Accounts, and Microsoft needs to handle this situation!

Why would you follow a link a random person gives you that requires you to enter personal details? Does it not seem slightly suspicious?

As much as it may annoy you (and your brother) this could have been avoided with some common sense so Microsoft aren't really to blame if you (or your brother) gave out your details to a stranger, so they wouldn't care all that much. That would be like telling to police to arrest someone for stealing your car when you handed them the keys.

Good luck getting a new account though, hopefully you (and your brother) will be more careful with them in future.

Oh he was playing Halo 3 at the time. Oh well, shit happens Im just going to get another subscription and set up another Xbox Live Account. Goodbye MadPsyKO and all 27000 Gamerscore :( Ill see you guys online on my new account.

Peace!

Why would you follow a link a random person gives you that requires you to enter personal details? Does it not seem slightly suspicious?

As much as it may annoy you (and your brother) this could have been avoided with some common sense so Microsoft aren't really to blame if you (or your brother) gave out your details to a stranger, so they wouldn't care all that much. That would be like telling to police to arrest someone for stealing your car when you handed them the keys.

Good luck getting a new account though, hopefully you (and your brother) will be more careful with them in future.

Ermm if its the links that MS issued a warning about its not really his fault. Well it is still his fault but not for being an idiot.. The way people are doing this is they have recreated the Xbox sign in page and it looks like you have been redirected to xbox.com sign in. You enter your info to logon, and boom they have your password.

You just have to be careful and know what to look out for. Being online is like going out in the public. Some people are nice and others aren't.

There have been a few "Hacker" stories here, including an encounter I had myself. I'm not going to get into it, but I will tell you this...change your Passwords, Secret Questions, or even a whole new Email every so often. This will make it harder on these f*ckers to hack you.

Good luck with your new account and play it safe this time around.;)

Hey, so sorry to hear this. It happened to me under different circumstances. Full story here:http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=35672&highlight=pikey360

I reported it to Xbox live...so slow with their response, also reported it to Microsoft Windows Live ID. They were really helpful. This link will be to report your Live ID stolen, and they will help you reset it. I had to set up an alternative email address so they can send you a link & follow the instructions they give you. once you've changed all that, the person that stole your account wont be able to sign back in! Here's the link to report it: https://support.live.com/eform.aspx?productKey=wlid&ct=eformts

One more thing, cancel your credit card if you've got it linked to your xbox live account. The little shit that did it to me purchased ms points using my card.

Also why do people do this? just to buy ms points? some people are so sad.

People steal others Gamertag for the sole reason of keeping it as their own.

Some target tags with high Gamerscores. Others do it to steal your personal information. In many ways, this is like identity theft.

Last, but not least...some people are just plain @$$holes.

Yeah as gamerscores are getting higher more accounts are getting hacked ;) ... it's amazing too how it's not just the people with real high gamerscores. I found out someone on my friends list with 55K was account trading. Don't give out your account info to anyone.

Account Trading is NOT allowed at this site.

If I were you, I would remove that friend from your list. We don't allow or tolerate such acts. Let's not discuss this anymore.;)

Edit: If that person is apart of this site, please inform an Admin. immediately.

• 1 month later...

This "Manifesto Fenix" just sent me a message asking if he could pay me to get him 1k in Blue Dragon. I told him that it took me 50 hrs to complete at 7:50 an hr id ask 375 just for the 1k he wanted. Thinking this would just have him leave me alone. He replies back saying that we should talk and accept his friend request. I accepted it, but looked his gamertag up on google and got this post. Thank you for posting it because i might have been sucked into my account being stolen. I blocked communication and removed him as a friend.

This "Manifesto Fenix" just sent me a message asking if he could pay me to get him 1k in Blue Dragon. I told him that it took me 50 hrs to complete at 7:50 an hr id ask 375 just for the 1k he wanted. Thinking this would just have him leave me alone. He replies back saying that we should talk and accept his friend request. I accepted it, but looked his gamertag up on google and got this post. Thank you for posting it because i might have been sucked into my account being stolen. I blocked communication and removed him as a friend.

Did anything happened to your account?

There have been reports where even accepting a FR, can harm your entire account.

Never accept any blind FR's. I always find out who they are first.;)

Wow man that's just messed up

.........a while back some guy told me "give me your account info my 360 is glitched or something and I can access 5000 MP just like that so give me your account and I'll add points to your account" luckily It's not my information so ? I said yea but the next day I woke up at 5 blocked communications, took him off my friends list and Ta-Da :D

Hackers eventually get caught am I right?

....doesn't Microsoft track them down?

That sux.

How the heck did he figure out the other tag (your tag) on the console?

I had a guy in-game tell me he was going to hack my account last week on skate. 2 hours later I get this message, "Someone else has logged in using your account. You will now be logged out." I have no idea if he indeed had hacked my passport so I quickly hopped on and changed it to some random numbers and letters. It's entirely possible it was just a fluke.

You should take a screen shot of your tag and post in every forum.

'I'll miss you forever my love. R.I.P.'