PDA

View Full Version : Horde More and New Features for Riptide

iBuzz7S
12-06-2012, 01:52 PM
How about them game-breaking glitches from Dead Island?

Speaking with OPM, Cardahi said of the game’s ‘defence hubs’, in which survivors must hold an area for as long as possible using land mines, barricades and other tools to repel the undead.

“They introduce something that is a classic zombie trope that you see in a lot of movies,” he said, “where survivors fortify a location and try to hold on as long as they can. It’s something that makes complete sense in the world of Dead Island.”

It’s no secret that water and storms have a big role to play in navigating the island of Palanai, as survivors must use row-boats and other means to traverse bodies of water teeming with zombies.

Cardahi. added, “The monsoons that were mentioned in the first game have now come to the archipelago. So a lot of the areas are flooded. This then allowed us to bring in the boats, which open up a lot of new gameplay possibilities in regards to movement and exploration”.

On the inclusion of a new weather system, Cardahi continued, “That allows us to play around with the atmosphere of the game a lot more thanks to the different lighting systems, from sunny blue skies to dark, torrential rains storms that will obscure your visibility”.
I stopped playing on PC because my save files corrupted. Even the one I had copied somehow corrupted and the game kinda stopped working, so I ended up removing it.

Yet to pop open the game and play it on the 360, but I am hoping to see how much of a difference Riptide will be from Dead Island. This horde mode thing is becoming more and more common, so they will have to do something which hasn't been done before.

Can they pull it off?

Source: VG247 (http://www.vg247.com/2012/12/06/dead-island-riptide-dev-details-horde-mode-areas-new-features/)

waxc3
12-20-2012, 01:52 AM
First game had a horde like mode dlc. It was more fun than I expected with easy achieves.

TriRock
12-24-2012, 09:20 AM
The concept of Horde is a good one, but apparently hard to pull off. The only game where it was almost as good as in Gears is ME3, IMO.

Genesis x360a
12-24-2012, 09:50 AM
Looking forward to Riptide. Dead Island was my top game of 2011. I was one of the lucky ones who encountered no game breaking glitches or bugs nor did the party of friends I played through the game with. Loved every minute of it. Horde mode sounds interesting. The only I've played who have successfully been able to pull it off is Gears and Treyarchs Zombie mode for CoD.

FeatherbottomMR
01-06-2013, 03:08 AM
Looking forward to Riptide. Dead Island was my top game of 2011. I was one of the lucky ones who encountered no game breaking glitches or bugs nor did the party of friends I played through the game with. Loved every minute of it. Horde mode sounds interesting. The only I've played who have successfully been able to pull it off is Gears and Treyarchs Zombie mode for CoD.
I was the same I had no problems with Dead Island... I thought it was a great game. I am excited for this one to come out....