PDA

View Full Version : I Need Serious Help...and Fast

lllNEMESIS
10-02-2007, 11:22 AM
Can I transfer stuff from my hard drive, like saved games and achievements to another profile on that same hard drive?

i.e. My live profile is different from the first one I made. So instead of re-beating all of my games I wanted to switch all of that info from my one profile to the new one. I deleted the old one and it says that it does not belong to any profile and that if I move it...it will belong to mine.

Can anyone help?

thanks

Clipse 2
10-02-2007, 11:52 AM
Saved games might be possible, but I'm not sure if they aren't associated with a profile; achievements can't be transfered between profiles though. Another thing to think about is if you are successful in accessing a saved game file from your previous profile the achievements earned will appear as though you've gamesaved (using other persons saved game file to get the achievements off it) this is not a good thing, nor something you should want to be associated with.

codedigital
10-02-2007, 12:02 PM
I might be thinking wrong...because it's so early in the morning for me...but why didn't you just change your name instead of creating a new account?

pavementpoop
10-02-2007, 12:03 PM
i thought the saved game when on the hard drive so any profile on the hard drive could use the saves etc but hmm
________
Web Shows (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

Clipse 2
10-02-2007, 12:09 PM
I might be thinking wrong...because it's so early in the morning for me...but why didn't you just change your name instead of creating a new account?
I thought the same thing, I've never tried to change a non-Live profile name so I'm not sure it works. Definitely something I'm needing to attempt myself just to see if its possible.

lllNEMESIS
10-02-2007, 12:21 PM
Alright. Well what is "trading achievements" mean?

lllNEMESIS
10-02-2007, 12:26 PM
BTW....

I had created profile "A" before creating my live account on the 360. That had a bunch of saves and achievements on it. When I created the new gamertag, profile "B" was created as well. I don't remember if it automatically created it or I did. I want to transfer all of the data from profile "B" to "A".

I deleted "B" and now all of the content that was on it is just sitting in my hard drive. When I go to my memory in the 360 dashboard it reads that it belongs to no profile and when I go to the options it says if I move it will become profile "A"s, since it's my only one. I try to move it and it says the operation cannot be performed.

There's the full on explination dudes

Kaens
10-02-2007, 01:07 PM
Simple answer - sorry you cannot trade achievements & save games from one tag to another.