PDA

View Full Version : xbox elite red lights

xboxmastmad
10-02-2007, 04:24 PM
does xbox elite has the red light of death

Cold Rival
10-02-2007, 04:31 PM
Sources, pictures, anything as proof? We can't just take your word for it.

Anyway, it's not that big a deal. It was bound to happen eventually.

Shaaady Souljah
10-02-2007, 04:35 PM
i think he is asking if they get it? it is hard to decipher the bad typing/grammar... ;)
i would say, "yes." any 360 is vulnerable to them, but elites (and newer regular ones) are less likely to have problems because they were built differently.

sicnevol
10-02-2007, 11:36 PM
i think he is asking if they get it? it is hard to decipher the bad typing/grammar... ;)
i would say, "yes." any 360 is vulnerable to them, but elites (and newer regular ones) are less likely to have problems because they were built differently. that and Microsoft is giving HUGEcoverage to them, so I think you'll be okay.

Jdm
10-03-2007, 12:02 AM
i would say, "yes." any 360 is vulnerable to them, but elites (and newer regular ones) are less likely to have problems because they were built differently.

What he say again, Shady?:p

OK, OK, enough with the grammar. The Elite does Red Ring and there have been a few members that have told their stories. Whether it happened to them or their friends...it happened.

Shady is right, that the Elite was built differently. I don't want to sound like a Parrot, but I've probably said this about 10 times within the past 2 weeks. So if you guys don't mind for the 11th time:p...The Elite has a Heatsink attached to the GPU to alleviate overheating problems that can lead to hardware failure, i.e. RRoD. It also has "cooling" tubes to make it more reliable.

Being named the Elite, it has to have something more besides HDMI and a bigger HDD. Still imo, I think the Elite is not all that "Elite". Elite would mean being built with the 65mm "Falcon" chipset. Now that's worthy of being called an Elite.;)

Clipse 2
10-03-2007, 12:15 AM
Being named the Elite, it has to have something more besides HDMI and a bigger HDD. Still imo, I think the Elite is not all that "Elite". Elite would mean being built with the 65mm "Falcon" chipset. Now that's worthy of being called an Elite.;)
They've started rolling out the Falcon chipset consoles recently for all models I believe. The only difference between the Premium and Elite is the hard drive that comes with it now is that correct?

Jdm
10-03-2007, 12:27 AM
They've started rolling out the Falcon chipset consoles recently for all models I believe. The only difference between the Premium and Elite is the hard drive that comes with it now is that correct?

With the new consoles baring HDMI, the only difference is within the HDD size.

I believe you were the one to inform us that, the Spartan Green Halo console is built with the new chip sets. Is that confirmed? If that's true, then we should have a new batch of reliable 360's on retailer shelves.

I'm not knocking on the Elite, because I actually own one since its launch. I'm just disappointed that my Elite does not include the new chipset. Well, I guess that's why I have warranty from GameStop. Trade in time!:woop:

Clipse 2
10-03-2007, 12:40 AM
Yes the Halo 3 limited editions were confirmed to have the Falcon, I haven't seen anything on other models. The key thing to know about the Falcons models is that only the processor has been replaced, the GPU won't be switched over to 65nm until early next year (supposedly). Another thing I recently read is that Core models were receiving an HDMI output also.

Jdm
10-03-2007, 01:18 AM
Yes the Halo 3 limited editions were confirmed to have the Falcon, I haven't seen anything on other models. The key thing to know about the Falcons models is that only the processor has been replaced, the GPU won't be switched over to 65nm until early next year (supposedly). Another thing I recently read is that Core models were receiving an HDMI output also.

M$ is definitely moving in the right directions with the release of their new chipsets, but in reality, they're slowly killing us...and their own consoles.:p

The Core to have HDMI, is not a surprise to me. I wonder if M$ will be cheap enough not to include the HDMI cable for the Cores.:p