PDA

View Full Version : Quantity or quality points?

Whistler
10-02-2007, 10:00 PM
In your hunt for achievement points which is more important to you.

Quantity with as many points total as possible.
or
Quality with as high score on individual (favorite/with fun achievements) games as possible.

Shinobi273
10-02-2007, 10:05 PM
Quality, I want 1000/200/1250 in the games that I play and I don't play games for points. (I didn't pick up sports games despite easy achievements because I'm not interested, but I also boosted a bunch of achievements on games I played just to get them). I get max points in games that I play and don't play games I don't like.

TimmayTheTurtle
10-02-2007, 10:13 PM
i dont like gears of war achievements.. but like i do like quality ones that keep you wanting to play .... but sometimes its kool when its an easy 1000s but those games are just rents.

plus with games like shadowrun, gears, and halo 3 that will and have gotten the extra 250 achievements that does add to it.

Kaens
10-02-2007, 10:32 PM
What, no "both" option?

BlaZiN cdn
10-02-2007, 10:34 PM
I want as many points as possible. I only get the full 1000 in games that are really easy.

Shinobi273
10-02-2007, 10:45 PM
I want as many points as possible. I only get the full 1000 in games that are really easy.

Why the hell do you only have 6000 GS?

Edit: Explained by Wolf in the next post, sorry dude.

Wolf
10-02-2007, 10:52 PM
Why the hell do you only have 6000 GS? It's his second account after his ... debacle ... with the original.

Really, though, it's about quantity. We all just want gamercards that make people check what games we've played.

Shinobi273
10-02-2007, 10:59 PM
It's his second account after his ... debacle ... with the original.

Really, though, it's about quantity. We all just want gamercards that make people check what games we've played.

Oh sorry to hear that...

I don't think it is all quatity or everyone would have played the super easy 1000 games. You are right about letting other ppl see what games we have played and I think it alos lets other gamers know more about us. You can make some good guesses about ppl by their gamer cards; the achievements they have, when they got them (how much/often they play), what games they play, and how they play.

Jdm
10-02-2007, 11:29 PM
What, no "both" option?

I would have voted for Both actually.

Since I had to pick one or the other, I chose Quantity. I try my damn hardest to max out a game, but some games are just too damn impossible. I.E. Rumble Roses, D.O.A., Sonic, and etc. I do however, have about 45% of Achievements unlocked, out of all the games I've played. So I guess I haven't been trying hard enough.:p

Whistler
10-02-2007, 11:53 PM
Well the question was what is more important (over the other that is). So almost took for granted most think both is important and more interesting results with the both option.

I voted quality myself, so huge difference from game to game how hard it is to get 1000 so good individual scores feels like more of a achievement then the total.

Feels better to get one game to 1000 then 3 to 500 even if the other one is more points. And sports games you can finish in some hours don't feel like much of a achievement. Not games like King kong either. Games like that if they don''t add better achievements shouldn’t give the whole 1000 imo.

chunkypony
10-03-2007, 03:51 PM
I just try to get the maximum amount of points in all the games I play. I do not play games that I don't want to play (the only two on my account that I will not finish are madden '07 and Call of Duty 3, but I didn't play those games, my little cousin did on my account). I plan on getting 1000/200/1250 on every game that interests me.

antilucid
10-03-2007, 04:44 PM
If a game is one I really like alot, I will try to earn the max amount of points. If it is incredibly easy than I will consider playing it if it seems like something I might remotely like (like TMNT). Some games achievements seem too ridiculous to even attempt. So in the end, I would choose quality over quantity. I wanna have fun getting the points preferably. 10,000 kills in Gears Of War does not sound like fun to me. Beating Bioshock for a second time to get the other ending does.

Derrick DS
10-04-2007, 12:42 PM
I'm more of a quality guy than quantity. If there is a game that I enjoy, I may try to get more achievements in that given game.

Pez
10-04-2007, 12:47 PM
What, no "both" option?

That's a shame... I would've probably voted both aswell.:p

~SS

garno5
10-06-2007, 05:59 PM
I won't just buy/rent every game in the world for achievements but the one's that I do buy, I try to go for quantity as long as it's worth doing, I don't want to have to play for 6 hours on some rubbish game to get an achievement for 10g.

Turbo VDuB 44
10-06-2007, 06:26 PM
I only play to beat games. If I don't have a legit shot at the full 1000 then I will be hesitant to play it. PDZ was a mistake on my part. I just bought it for the multiplayer with my friends.....thanks for the 0 GS assholes!!

TheRealist50
10-06-2007, 07:33 PM
I'm not totally hung up on points. I love playing sports games online so Ill play that. looking at my achievements it all seems easy because they are mostly sports, But I don't care. I play xbox to have fun and enjoy playing games I like...If that means sports games then so be it.

I'm not going to rent a game like...Open Season for example just for achievements, Ill take that 10 bucks and put it towards a game I like instead.

J eVeRy DaY 514
10-06-2007, 09:40 PM
i go for maxing out, but like others said, sometimes it is near impossible. i've played some games for achievement points, but still enjoyed them. i haven't played cars, shrek, cabela, open season, etc because i wouldn't enjoy those kiddie games. i recently rented bionicle heroes for the achievements, but its so boring.

Blind x360a
10-06-2007, 10:42 PM
I go for both. I like having points to make people check what games I have played.

MajinFro
10-06-2007, 10:51 PM
have to go with both even though I just finally got a xbox 360. I am going to go for as many points as I can get but I am going to focus on games I enjoy while picking up occasional easy game.

Raider
10-07-2007, 01:04 AM
I respect a high score, but iv seen cards with 60k+ with nothing but easy points. People who only play every game on easy to get the easy points and get all the film games like eragon, pirates etc and all the easy sports games. Don't get me wrong, I love an easy game to relax, but I also maxed out hard stuff like FEAR and rainbow 6 just for some quality points. NBA street, TNMT, King Kong and fight night were all so easy, they were done to pad out my score, to bulk it up a bit and help me pass my friends. My rainbow 6 and FEAR is worth 100k of easy points though. If 35k of my score was taken away and left me with 1k in FEAR and 1k in vegas... to be honest, I wouldn't be to pissed as those 2 games took up 90% of my play time.

Cyrex
10-07-2007, 01:40 AM
i try for Quantity, i really try to get every achievement for the games that i own other wise i go for as many achievement that i can get then i will end it back for the next game

DoM cAbAn
10-07-2007, 01:43 AM
I'll try to get as many points as possible. Some games are just too time consuming to get the full 1,000 GS in, so I might not bother getting it.

mcline87
10-12-2007, 02:12 AM
I play for both really. Right now that I don't have a method to rent games consistently so I try to go as high as possible in the games I do have.

burner110
10-12-2007, 02:39 AM
That's a shame... I would've probably voted both aswell.:p

~SS

yea i also would have voted both:(

JoeCool7835
10-12-2007, 03:00 AM
I would like to have a high GamerScore, but I won't play crappy games for it. I have no interest in King Kong; I won't play it just for the 1000 points. If I get plenty of points in games I like, I'm fine.

Jabi1
10-12-2007, 05:26 AM
I would like to have a high GamerScore, but I won't play crappy games for it. I have no interest in King Kong; I won't play it just for the 1000 points. If I get plenty of points in games I like, I'm fine.

I agree, that's the way I play. My game completion percentage is 77%, and I'm definetily more proud of my 1000/1000 in Call of Duty 3 than in one hundred EA sports games.

Spades12321
10-12-2007, 10:28 AM
Anyone can have a reasonably high score by just buying games which are really easy to get points, and there is a lot of them out there. But I think its more impresive having all the achievements in games like spiderman 3, CoD3, dead rising, lost planet, F.E.A.R and gears, just to name a few hard ones.