PDA

View Full Version : Achievement Guide

killlah631
10-03-2007, 02:49 AM
NOTE: There are sliders in this game and adjusting all of the User Sliders(besides injury frequency and player fatigue) to 100 and adjusting all the CPU sliders down to 0 will make the achievements much easier to achieve.
NOTE 2: If you use a 2nd controller make sure you start the game with 2 controllers. In the older games if you plug in a second controller during the game it disables the achievements.
NOTE 3: Signing in/out of live during a game does not disable achievements like the older games.
(btw this is my first guide. No need to flame!)

I may have found a way to trade online wins but I need to confirm it...I just went into the lobby of an online league and it said these are ranked matches..so maybe you can start up a league and have the 2 traders play each other 40 times? I will have to test it out.

30 Assists - 20 points
Pretty straightforward. When you get close to the basket pass and then quickly shoot to get an assist. Note it is not a single player achievement, therefore you just need 30 assists from all your players together.

15 Blocks - 20 points
Straightforward. I personally find blocks nearly impossible to get playing against the CPU, therefore I find the easiest way to achieve this is playing in 2 players and learn how to time the block and shot. This is also a team achievement.

15 Steals - 20 points
Really simple, press X while on defense to steal, and with sliders adjusted you will get a steal 75% of the time. This is a team achievement.

Rebound Margin +7 - 20 points
For this achievement all that is needed is to grab 7 more rebounds than your opponent grabbed.

15 Three's - 15 points
Extremely simple, score 15 three point shots in a game with any team.

Defensive FG% - 15 points
For this you need to hold your opponent's field goal percentage under 40. With CPU slider's adjusted to 0 they will attempt plenty of shots and miss every one of them.

Lights Out - 15 points
You need to finish a game with 55% or better field goal shooting percentage, and you need to shoot a minimum of 40 field goals. With user sliders to 100 you will almost never miss a field goal.

Track Meet - 15 points
You need to score 15 fast break points. A fast break is when you get a turn over on defense and you are running towards the net with only 1-2 men coming behind you, this will come easy as you are going for your 15 steal achievement and then just run back and score after getting your steal.

Second Unit - 15 points
You need to score 40 points with players that aren't in the starting 5 positions. All you need to do is go to coaching from the pause menu, sub out your 5 starters for 5 players on the bench and shoot a bunch of three pointers and it will come in no time.

Inside Domination - 20 points
Score 60 points inside the paint. Pretty straightforward. I found the easiest way to do this is to just run up and dunk over everybody. 30 dunks later you will have the achievement.

Good Hands - 20 points
You will most likely get this achievement while going for your 30 assist achievement. All you need to do is get 20 assists and have less than 5 turnovers at the end of the game.

All-Hustle - 15 points
You need to grab 10 offensive rebounds, 5 blocks, and 5 steals with any team. I personally have trouble going for offensive rebounds and blocks against the computer. For offensive rebounds you can just shoot idiotic shots close to half-court and you should grab them, and for blocks the only thing I have found so far is 2 players.

All-Heart - 15 points
For this you can either let the CPU score and stay around 12-15 points behind until the fourth quarter. Or you can simply use 2 controllers.

3-For-All - 20 points
Get 10 three pointers while having 45% or better 3pt percentage. Will be easily obtained while going for 15 Three's.

Ice Water - 15 points
Finish a game with a free throw percentage 85% or better. Minimum of 15 free throws. For this you can either set the fouls and penalties all the way up against the computer or play with 2 controllers and intentionally foul the player.

Lockdown - 20 points
You need to get 10 blocks and 10 steals. Straightforward, if you're having trouble getting blocks then you can use 2 controllers.

Suns vs Lakers - 15 points
see "East vs West"

Spurs vs Mavericks - 15 points
see "East vs West"

Pistons vs Heat - 15 points
see "East vs West"

Suns vs Mavericks - 15 points
see "East vs West"

Lakers vs Clippers - 15 points
see "East vs West"

East vs West - 15 points
For each of these achievements you need to play a quick game with the two teams listed in the achievement title, and you need to win as either team on All-Star difficulty or higher. The way I did all of these was set the games to 1 minute quarters, and adjusted all of the sliders, and you will have no problem winning them.

Lebron James - 25 points
Score 35 points, grab 7 rebounds, and have 7 assists with Lebron James. James plays for the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Dwayne Wade - 25 points
Score 30 points, grab 9 rebounds, and have 9 assists with Dwayne Wade. Wade plays for the Miami Heat.

Kobe Bryant - 25 points
Score 40 points, grab 5 rebounds, and have 5 assists with Kobe Bryant. Bryant plays for the Los Angeles Lakers.

Allen Iverson - 25 points
Score 30 points, have 10 assists, and get 5 steals with Allen Iverson. Iverson plays for the Denver Nuggets.

Steve Nash - 25 points
Score 20 points and have 15 assists with Steve Nash. Nash plays for the Phoenix Suns.

Dwight Howard - 25 points
Score 20 points, grab 15 rebounds, and get 5 blocks with Dwight Howard. Howard plays for the Orlando Magic.

Gilbert Arenas - 25 points
Score 35 points, get 5 steals, and make 5 three pointers with Gilbert Arenas. Arenas plays for the Washington Wizards.

Carmelo Anthony - 25 points
Score 40 points and grab 8 rebounds with Carmelo Anthony. Anthony plays for the Denver Nuggets.

Chris Paul - 25 points
Score 25 points, have 10 assists and get 5 steals with Chris Paul. Paul plays for the New Orleans Hornets.

Kevin Garnett - 25 points
Score 25 points, grab 15 rebounds, and have 7 assists with Kevin Garnett. Kevin Garnett plays for the Boston Celtics.

Yao Ming - 25 points
Score 30 points, grab 15 rebounds, and get 5 blocks with Yao Ming. Yao Ming plays for the Houston Rockets.

Chris Bosh - 25 points
Score 30 points, grab 15 rebounds, and get 2 blocks with Chris Bosh. Bosh plays for the Toronto Raptors.

Sprite Slam Dunk Contest - 35 points
You need to go to NBA Blacktop and play win the Slam Dunk Contest with Lebron James. The dunks are really hard to get down and I suggest you go to the dunk school and try to learn the tricks. The Sprite Slam Dunk Contest can be done with 1st player controlling one person and 2nd player controlling the other 3.

Kobe Bryant Dunk-Off - 35 points
You need to defeat Kobe Bryant in a dunk off. For this you need to win a Sprite Slam Dunk Contest against 3 opponents(that aren't Kobe Bryant) and then Kobe will step out of his limo and challenge you to a dunk-off.

Trivia - 35 points
You need to answer 30 trivia questions correct. You will be asked trivia questions before quick games, etc.

3pt Shootout - 25 points
Go to NBA Blacktop and play a 3pt shootout. The easiest way to do it is pick a good shooter and then play against 3 centers. The shooting system is like that of the free throws in NBA 2K7, you need to press the analog stick down and to make the shot it needs to be moved down perfectly in a straight line and then pushed back up straight.

Create Player - 10 points
Go in to the options, then manage roster, and then create player. I just scrolled through with the analog stick down to the left so it edited the player a little bit, although I don't believe it's necessary.

2K Beats Playlist - 10 points
I'm not quite sure exactly what they mean by make one, but all you have to do is go to features from the main menu, then go into 2K beats. Pick some different songs that aren't highlighted, press B, and then press A again. It will autosave and you will receive the achievement.

Online Ranked Game - 15 points
You need to win one online ranked game. As of now you can play ranked matches from lobbies so there is no form of trading wins, which hopefully will be fixed. The only way of playing ranked matches right now is to do a quick match or a custom match.

Online Ranked NBA Blacktop Game - 15 points
You need to win one online ranked NBA Blacktop game. There is no way of trading these achievements yet.

Online League Game - 15 points
All you need to do is join an online league and complete a game in it, win or lose.

Online Tournament Game - 15 points
The same as the league game, although this time you need to join an online tournament and complete a game, win or lose.

3 Online Ranked Streak - 15 points
See "5 Online Ranked Streak"

5 Online Ranked Streak - 20 points
For these achievements you need to win 3 and 5 ranked matches in a row. This can be very difficult if they don't fix being able to play ranked matches from the lobbies.

5 Online Ranked Wins - 15 points
see "20 Online Ranked Wins"

10 Online Ranked Wins - 25 points
see "20 Online Ranked Wins"

20 Online Ranked Wins - 35 points
For these achievements you need to win 5, 10, and 20 ranked matches, not consecutively. As of now you just need to play and win matches because trading is not possible.

Online Draft League - 10 points
Just join an online league and make sure player draft is on.

SegaSaturnSNK
10-03-2007, 03:06 AM
Kevin Garnett plays for the Boston Celtics other than that, good job man.

colburn
10-03-2007, 03:08 AM
im not here to "flame" you but good start bro. i notice you have no pics but thats ok cause i have the game i will put them as i go;) but good start bro:woop: keep coming with them if you get them started (guides) before someone else. (if someone nags or "flames" you ignore it, it happens to me when i try to help people)

but yea ill post the pics later tonight and help you with the guide if i see some easier ways one the achivements good work and respect from yours truly colburn;)

killlah631
10-03-2007, 05:38 PM
Yeah if anyone finds out how to get "Kobe Bryant Dunk-Off" let me know..it's the only achievement I'm not sure how to get yet...I'm going to attempt to win a dunk contest with Kobe Bryant in it and see if that gets it..I will edit if I do it.

King Kickazz
10-03-2007, 07:31 PM
For the kobe bryant dunk-off i was playing with him in a dunk contest, and i figured a dunk-off was the last two players remaining. so when it got down to me and Kobe, i beat him and the achievement didn't unlock. I don't see any other dunk game besides the dunk contest so who knows.

killlah631
10-03-2007, 07:37 PM
I figured it out...you have to play 3 other opponents..beat them...and then Kobe gets out of his limo and challenges you to a dunk-off..and it is hard as hell...i will be editing the guide now.

Shaaady Souljah
10-03-2007, 07:52 PM
pretty good guide. it is a simple game with pretty much the same achievements from last year, but well done for now. add the pics and descriptions and you are good to go.

colburn
10-03-2007, 07:56 PM
the slam dunk contest is by far the hardest ive ever done i still cant get used to the controls ugh damn espn:mad: but hey its alot better then ea's contest by far the best compared to them

edit: use two controls its alot easier especially if your trying to get the hang of the slam dunk contest

ALSO**** i put kobe bryant in the contest and what happens i beat him and tracy mcgrady comes out to challeage me and beat me (no achievement didnt unlock)

clear31
10-04-2007, 12:31 AM
to get the player achievements and make it a bit easier. you could use the east all stars so you can work on getting garnett, arenas, wade, and lebron all in one game rather than play multiple games. Same for the west so you can use kobe, nash, and yao

killlah631
10-04-2007, 01:55 AM
Yeah I mentioned in my guide that you can set 2nd controller to players 2,3, and 4 in the contest.

clear31
10-04-2007, 02:15 AM
Yeah I mentioned in my guide that you can set 2nd controller to players 2,3, and 4 in the contest.

i'm not talking about the dunk contest. im saying for the player achievements such as lebron james, carmelo, wade, kobe, etc you can use the all star teams and get them in one game rather than play separate games with each team they are on. It cuts down the playing time since you can knock out using the east Dwight Howard, Wade, Garnett, Arenas, and Lebron. Then for the west you can get kobe, nash, yao, etc.

killlah631
10-04-2007, 04:01 AM
i'm not talking about the dunk contest. im saying for the player achievements such as lebron james, carmelo, wade, kobe, etc you can use the all star teams and get them in one game rather than play separate games with each team they are on. It cuts down the playing time since you can knock out using the east Dwight Howard, Wade, Garnett, Arenas, and Lebron. Then for the west you can get kobe, nash, yao, etc.

Yeah sorry I should've used quotes..I was talking to colburn.

colburn
10-04-2007, 04:38 AM
its all good bro and yea that is a good idea cause i did it with the east and bam got them all in a 10 minute game chea

killlah631
10-06-2007, 04:30 AM
Ok, shady or whoever looks at this first please PM me about this, I just went back to edit and add descriptions and pictures and all that, and I realized I will now have to use 2 posts, is it possible for me to post down here and you move it up? Well anyway for now I'm just going to add these because the one I just figured out is the most difficult achievement for people to obtain.

Sprite Slam Dunk Contest - 35 points
You need to go to NBA Blacktop and play win the Slam Dunk Contest with Lebron James. Easiest method is to control all 4 players with 1 controller. You won't lose.

You need to defeat Kobe Bryant in a dunk off. I believe I have found the secret behind this. Ok, to begin, you need to first win a sprite slam dunk contest and then Kobe is supposed to come out the limo hummer. Well, the catch is that, it can be all luck, either Kobe, Lebron James, Vince Carter, Jason Richardson, or TMAC come out. So after 2 days of just going for this I finally got the sense to try and do the dunk contest with the 4 out of the 5 people(obviously Kobe being the one not used), and first try Kobe stepped out of the limo. The easiest method I have on beating him is this: for your first dunk push the analog stick up and spin around counter-clockwise for the takeoff and then do the same in the air(performing a cart-wheel into something else) for an automatic 100. Next do the opposite(clockwise) and I received a 99 for that. And by doing that I pwned Kobe 199 to 186...and beware there is little room for mistake, he rarely slips up and without slipping he will get 90-94, and with slipping he will get 72-82(unless he misses both completely).

Trivia - 35 points
You need to answer 30 trivia questions correct. The easiest way to do this is to go into the options and then presentation and then turn all loading screens but trivia off. Start quick game, answer trivia, quit out and repeat. I believe you have to do all 30 in one shot, or else your number correct resets when you turn off/on your system.

Blind x360a
10-06-2007, 12:02 PM
For the 30 correct you mean in one sitting? or one loading screen?

killlah631
10-06-2007, 04:30 PM
You just need to do it in one sitting...just keep going into quick game, answer a question, quit out, quick game, answer question, quit out...eventually you will start getting asked repeated questions and dumb questions like: How high is the rim in NBA?

chen888min
10-06-2007, 04:56 PM
pretty easy... i got all the offline achievements in 7 hours most... i love 2k8

chen888min
10-06-2007, 06:16 PM
30 Assists - 20 points unlockable? BUG?

my team assist over 60 assists, still can't unlock the achievements..... why? isn't b/c of i played with 2nd controller?

killlah631
10-06-2007, 08:52 PM
No it has nothing to do with that...I did all the block achievements with 2 controllers and they unlocked fine, I haven't heard of anyone's achievements being glitched that's weird...All I can tell you is restart your system...can a Mod sticky this please?

chen888min
10-06-2007, 10:05 PM
i already played over 10 games. 4-5 games had over 30 assist.

Blind x360a
10-07-2007, 02:43 AM
This trivia stuff takes forever.

Jordan7182002
10-07-2007, 06:40 AM
Trivia is easy...took like 20 minutes if you know the answer.

Doc187 XL
10-07-2007, 09:16 AM
u can trade online achivements in rank matches

if u want the 5 win streak u have the person ur tradin with quit 4 matches and on the 5th match u play to the end and ur gonna unlock 4 achievements

killlah631
10-07-2007, 01:18 PM
Yeah I need to edit my guide but it needs to be 2 posts now because it's going to be longer, I am going to need a Mod to move it up, the guide will be finished this afternoon.

Blind x360a
10-07-2007, 01:20 PM
Yea I got the trivia I just wanted to play and hated quitting each time.

Doc187 XL
10-07-2007, 05:21 PM
[quote=killlah631;426336]
You need to defeat Kobe Bryant in a dunk off. I believe I have found the secret behind this. Ok, to begin, you need to first win a sprite slam dunk contest and then Kobe is supposed to come out the limo hummer. Well, the catch is that, it can be all luck, either Kobe, Lebron James, Vince Carter, Jason Richardson, or TMAC come out. So after 2 days of just going for this I finally got the sense to try and do the dunk contest with the 4 out of the 5 people(obviously Kobe being the one not used), and first try Kobe stepped out of the limo. The easiest method I have on beating him is this: for your first dunk push the analog stick up and spin around counter-clockwise for the takeoff and then do the same in the air(performing a cart-wheel into something else) for an automatic 100. Next do the opposite(clockwise) and I received a 99 for that. And by doing that I pwned Kobe 199 to 186...and beware there is little room for mistake, he rarely slips up and without slipping he will get 90-94, and with slipping he will get 72-82(unless he misses both completely).

this worked for me too bad kobe was even a challenge his scored an 84 on his 1 st dunk and a 85 on 2nd, i scored 100 on my 1st dunk and after seein kobe's final score i just throwdown a simple dunk that gave me enough to be him

Jordan7182002
10-07-2007, 06:54 PM
I do not understand the whole dunk process...worst achv ever. I got off the gorund only twice, but missed both times.