PDA

View Full Version : The Halo 3 Console: Love it or hate it?

ToyzNTheHood
10-05-2007, 01:43 PM
May be in wrong forum...:confused:

Saw one of these in my local GAME store. I must say how horrific they look. Has anyone wasted money to buy this? Rant... NOW!

Shaaady Souljah
10-05-2007, 01:45 PM
this is not really halo-related, so im moving it to general xbox 360. if people want to rant, then go for it. (i am not coming back to check ;)) oh, and i made your title easier to understand...

MajinFro
10-05-2007, 01:50 PM
I personally think it looks like a turd.:Bounce:

ToyzNTheHood
10-05-2007, 01:51 PM
this is not really halo-related, so im moving it to general xbox 360. if people want to rant, then go for it. (i am not coming back to check ;)) oh, and i made your title easier to understand...
Haha thanks. I'm at school so i cant type much and i'm sat next to some annoying ass of a kid...

Glyndinn
10-05-2007, 01:52 PM
Back when I wasn't really into Halo and didn't want the new game, I thought it looked stupid. Now that I'm into the game and like Halo, I think it doesn't look too bad. :)

Clipse 2
10-05-2007, 01:58 PM
I don't have it, but I know about them. The orange doesn't flatter it and makes it look crappy however I do like the olive green color. Cosmetics are the only thing not to like about it, it has the HDMI connector and in most if not all should have the "Falcon" 65nm processor which makes it run quieter and cooler than the previous models. Technically its the superior unit until the Falcon has been implemented into all consoles which is coming up.

Still for anyone thinking about a new console, you might want to hold off until next March. That is the scheduled release date for consoles that will include both 65nm CPUs and GPUs togeter; currently only the CPU has been changed to 65nm.

Rocket
10-05-2007, 02:23 PM
Well, my 360 crapped out on me about 3 weeks ago, so I had come to a conclussion of insteading waiting, I was going to buy me a new one. So I go up to Wally World to get one, and low and behold they have 4 Halo 3 Special Edition Consoles...So, I was comparing the Premium to the Halo 3, and at this time the price difference was only $20, not the $50 it is now, and decided on the Halo 3 one. I didn't know it had the better processor, but am fortunate enough that it does. HDMI I could really care less because I don't play on an HDTV very much if at all anymore. The color isn't that bad really, and it actually blends well with my Audio Tower. It is MUCH quieter than my old console. Runs a lot smooter too. Also came with a play and charge kit, so that in itself made up the $20 difference in prices...

All in all it's a great console, and if yours is crapping out on you, then I'd say buy it over a premium. The color of it shouldn't deter you from it, as it will actually grow on you. But if your console is fine, then don't bother buying a new one, no sense in wasting you money if there are not any problems with your current one...

sicnevol
10-05-2007, 02:53 PM
I got mine for Free so I can't complain. I does match my room more than the black or white would though.

Khaos
10-06-2007, 04:20 AM
When mine craps out, I'll probably pick it up, if they still make them. Burnt orange is my favorite color, and olive green is my wife's, so it would go perfectly with our house's decor.

Otherwise, I'm buying this guy's 360
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=40384

Jdm
10-06-2007, 06:57 AM
I don't have it, but I know about them. The orange doesn't flatter it and makes it look crappy however I do like the olive green color. Cosmetics are the only thing not to like about it, it has the HDMI connector and in most if not all should have the "Falcon" 65nm processor which makes it run quieter and cooler than the previous models. Technically its the superior unit until the Falcon has been implemented into all consoles which is coming up.

Still for anyone thinking about a new console, you might want to hold off until next March. That is the scheduled release date for consoles that will include both 65nm CPUs and GPUs togeter; currently only the CPU has been changed to 65nm.

I love the Interior, but not the Exterior of the Spartan Green Halo console.;)

Overall, it's a great piece of hardware, but I really can't stand looking at it.:p

M Callar
10-07-2007, 01:18 AM
I personally think it looks like a turd.:Bounce:

Haha. I second that opinion. It's just not worth it. Now, some of the other Halo-related merch is but just not this. I particularly like the metal belt/buckle I saw once in a game store.

JoeCool7835
10-07-2007, 01:30 AM
The colors are quite ugly, and the hard drive is only 20 Gigs. It may be less prone to crapping out, but, if I had to buy another console, I'd go for the Elite myself.

SkillfulMmd
10-07-2007, 10:29 AM
the halo 3 360 should be burned. i dont belive people wouldnt just buy the elite cause its a better xbox over all. bungi are just money leeches

Clipse 2
10-07-2007, 11:11 AM
the halo 3 360 should be burned. i dont belive people wouldnt just buy the elite cause its a better xbox over all. bungi are just money leeches
How is the elite better between the two? As far as we know right now the Halo 3 consoles were the start of the "Falcon" processors being used. And what does Bungie have anything to do with Halo 3 CONSOLES? Its Microsoft hardware, they manufacture it, they own at least the majority if not all of the Halo trademark rights.

italianstallion
10-07-2007, 11:51 AM
How is the elite better between the two? As far as we know right now the Halo 3 consoles were the start of the "Falcon" processors being used. And what does Bungie have anything to do with Halo 3 CONSOLES? Its Microsoft hardware, they manufacture it, they own at least the majority if not all of the Halo trademark rights.

The elite is much better because of the 120 gig HDD.

Cold Rival
10-07-2007, 12:19 PM
The elite is much better because of the 120 gig HDD.

But in all fairness, you could buy that seperatly if you really wanted it...

patches4711
10-07-2007, 12:37 PM
I had already bought the 120 GB hard drive a while back and then I bought the Halo 3 Conlsole when it came out. I really like the console and I was fortunate enough to get it with the new board and chip. It would have been nice if they did put a 120 GB hard drive with it and the orange color.

ThaPrototype
10-07-2007, 05:55 PM
its about as ugly as it could get...

n1n3t33nd3lta
10-07-2007, 07:35 PM
i like them, but it'd be cool if it came out with like a 60 gb hard drive or something like that besides the color and the "halo" name to make it unique.

Tom19
10-07-2007, 09:26 PM
The green ones? yeah there horrible, dont like them one bit. But i like the Halo 3 faceplate and skins, there alright. I dont like the controller thay have brought out now, its ugly as hell.

LMA McLovin
10-08-2007, 08:11 PM
They could have made it a little less vomit/turd looking, that shade of green is not appealing. I think they could have made it a different color than that, but thats the only thing I hate about it. It has the 65nm Falcon, and alot better heat control so if your into modding you can just put on another case and the chances of the RRoD are alot lower.

BackerMan
10-09-2007, 06:24 PM
I'm going out to buy halo 3 console probably tomorrow due to my xbox console got ring of death. I'm not worry about elite. I'm getting this because of 65nm falcon and I can add 120 gb later.

Pez
10-09-2007, 08:02 PM
I think I'm one of few that likes it for how it looks!!

It's probably because my favourite colour is green...

~SS

Misfit
10-10-2007, 03:41 AM
I heard it overheats easily. rumor? looks wise, i'd have to go with the classic white or the slick black elite 360

Jdm
10-10-2007, 07:00 AM
I heard it overheats easily. rumor? looks wise, i'd have to go with the classic white or the slick black elite 360

According to Minty over this week's Podcast, there have been reports of the Halo console overheating. Now this really disappoints me, as I thought the new 65mm Chipset would be much improved compared to the bigger chipsets.

I hope M$ fixes the bugs before they start plugging in the new chipsets onto every console model. It would seem that this "epidemic" would never go away.:mad:

RTyPE9
10-10-2007, 04:54 PM
The only reason I own the Halo 3 console is cuz my old one crapped out on me. It's not fugly, but its not too easy on the eyes either......

BUT it looks far better than the PINK wireless controller that was just released.

killlah631
10-13-2007, 03:44 AM
I hate it. It's shit green colored. And it's almost the price of an elite, with a 20 gb harddrive. I definitely would not pay for that.

BackerMan
10-13-2007, 04:40 PM
I got halo 3 console two days ago. There was only 1 left in my town. Most of it in stores are sold out and no longer to get more halo 3 consoles because of limited edition. However so far I really like it and I like the style looks on xbox console.

Vista
10-13-2007, 04:47 PM
http://i.n.com.com/i/ne/p/2007/711halo3xbox360_513x422.jpg

Eh it looks okay, not as clean as the other two, but alright. I do like the wireless mic and the spartan controllers though!

Fueled By RC
10-14-2007, 12:04 PM
Most Die Hard Halo fans would already have a 360, so you'd have to be a uber die hard Halo fan to buy another 360 just for the look of Halo, when you can just go get a Skin for $20.00 at a store or decal girl.