I donno if this was the right section to post this but it seems logical lol

Bax x360a
10-08-2007, 01:02 PM
The Simpsons Game demo has been released on the marketplace :P
I donno if this was the right section to post this but it seems logical lol
Really? nice!! cheers for letting us know

ever31
10-08-2007, 01:03 PM
cool, does anyone know if this is also the case for us english?

ta

Penn
10-08-2007, 02:09 PM
cool, does anyone know if this is also the case for us english?

ta

Yes it's available for us in England, 443mb.

killlah631
10-08-2007, 02:12 PM
Wow I wasn't expecting it to come out this soon. But I don't even know when the release date of the game is, who cares, time to play some Simpsons!

Bio-Strike
10-08-2007, 02:24 PM
Wow I wasn't expecting it to come out this soon. But I don't even know when the release date of the game is, who cares, time to play some Simpsons!

My thoughts are exactly with yours...:D

ever31
10-08-2007, 02:55 PM
Yes it's available for us in England, 443mb.

cool, cheers buddy, might have to get that tonight :Bounce:

Penn
10-08-2007, 03:14 PM
Just been playing it and i'm disappointed. The camera has given me an awful headache and due to this it makes the game way too difficult.

If the camera is the same for the full game i may have to pass on this one which is a shame as i really wanted it to be good.

xTenebrous
10-08-2007, 04:22 PM
I am from england so I should hope it's out for us xD
And yea, the camera angles were so annoying, very few tips and the auto aiming was a pain, I managed to compete it in the end though anyway lol

Penn
10-08-2007, 04:46 PM
I am from england so I should hope it's out for us xD
And yea, the camera angles were so annoying, very few tips and the auto aiming was a pain, I managed to compete it in the end though anyway lol

The auto aiming was the main reason i gave up actually and you cannot aim manually as far as i could tell.

By the time i was in the correct position for the last hatch, the only thing i could aim at were ten thousand mini krustys and by the time it let me lock onto the hatch it was too far away to get to.

SegaSaturnSNK
10-08-2007, 06:32 PM
As Penn has posted, I feel the same way as he does. I played the demo for about 10 mins trying to beat that boss and I just gave up. The camera is a pain in the ass and the auto aim is just awful. Also, what the hell is the whole purpose for that pepper upgrade for Homer? Its good against the krustys but doesn't do jack shit against that boss. Game isn't worth it imo and they should just release the old school beat em up arcade game on XBLA. Hit and Run is better than this when it comes to the newer Simpsons games.

xJoex
10-08-2007, 07:02 PM
I though it was pretty good, camera angle was a bit annoying but I loved it when Homer takes helium and says 'I feel margenly lighter than air!' :D

I'll be getting it hopefully co-ops good so my sister can play also...

goothgone
10-08-2007, 08:29 PM
october 29th

robertfee
10-08-2007, 09:44 PM
:confused:
i really really wanted to like this game, but it's terrible (demo is at least) i love the simpsons, but i don't think i'll be able to get this one... what a shame

SegaSaturnSNK
10-09-2007, 12:09 AM
I had a feeling this game wasn't going to be good. EA has been doing a terrible job on their games. They release about one or two good games a year and everything else is just crap. They seriously need to stop making games. Only thing they'll ever do right is release General Chaos on XBLA. Now that would be wise!

Blind x360a
10-09-2007, 02:08 AM
I will be downloading this to see how I feel about it.

Deyankees1
10-09-2007, 02:14 AM
its not oct 29th just reserved it, its Nov 1st. thats the officail date I was told to come and get it.

supermario6582
10-09-2007, 06:36 AM
damn, i cant even figure out how to beat the lard lad donut guy.

Liquid Enigma
10-09-2007, 08:18 AM
I downloaded this last night, started off ok and agreed the camera angles can get very frustrating.

With Donut boy, basically I used Bart and sligshot the target on his back. When you hit it a couple of times a panel opens up and he freezes for a lil bit. You got to then jump on and rip the wires out. I managed the first set but the second set is by his shoulders and could stop him and get the panel to open, just couldnt get myself up there which in turn led me to give up.

I do believe you will need to you use Homer and Bart together to defeat him though. 1 to distract and 1 to rip his wires lol.

Darkwinter
10-09-2007, 12:24 PM
At the start of the stage use homer to bust open the fire hydrants which shoots water into the air, when you are on the second and third hatches, lure him near one of the broken hyrants and use Bart to float up on the water and glide onto the platform.
Not to terribly hard, but I don't see how in the world I am going to complete it in the 4:00 time limit.
On a side note, did any of you get the comic book guy's game cliche's, very funny, the water one made me laugh out loud.

Penn
10-09-2007, 01:34 PM
At the start of the stage use homer to bust open the fire hydrants which shoots water into the air, when you are on the second and third hatches, lure him near one of the broken hyrants and use Bart to float up on the water and glide onto the platform.
Not to terribly hard, but I don't see how in the world I am going to complete it in the 4:00 time limit.
On a side note, did any of you get the comic book guy's game cliche's, very funny, the water one made me laugh out loud.

I grabbed 2 of them and yes they are indeed funny as hell. The commentary from Kent Brockman was spot on too which is why i was so disappointed the game felt horrible to play.

BT X360
10-09-2007, 01:41 PM
Anyone found all the Duff Caps/Bottlecaps yet? I need only 1 more.

wakka420
10-09-2007, 10:47 PM
I agree that the camera was annoying as all hell. Hopefully they pay attention to forums and fix it, because i had to stop playing for awhile because i was getting so frustrated over the damn thing.

Vista
10-09-2007, 11:41 PM
I liked it. A rent, but not a buy! It was actually difficult for a cartoon game!

Liquid Enigma
10-10-2007, 08:42 AM
Ok managed to do it this time, quite easy when you know how lol. Still took me 12 minutes DOH!!

Infected Z
10-10-2007, 12:57 PM
First time playing it took me about 10 mins, but now i got it locked down to about 2-3mins, the camera is very anoying, same with the lock-on and the commentary also got on my nerves when he keeps saying the same thing over and over :@

xENVxGAMERSKREW
10-11-2007, 01:29 AM
nice i gotta get that demo i read a couple articles on Gi

aussie_warrior117
10-11-2007, 07:10 AM
I want to love this game but it had no heart in it. It is being made by EA so I shouldn't have been disappointed knowing that it was doomed from the start but has some humor. Hardly worth full price though.

The Fron
10-11-2007, 04:03 PM
I liked the demo and enjoyed Kent's commentary. I'm not going to lie that the camera and lock-on was annoying as balls. I think it should be a $40 and I do agree that it is kind of doomed being from EA. But its the Simpsons, and I can't call myself a dedicated fan and a gamer if i don't get it :)

alex4283
10-11-2007, 06:29 PM
If there weren't so many other titles I'd want (katamari, conan, cod 4) I'd consider this, but I don't see that happening.

I enjoyed the demo, but the lock on system was a kick in the groin.

Pez
10-12-2007, 01:08 PM
I enjoyed this demo. Apart from the camera angles, I thought this was a good attempt for a family game.

~SS

Spades12321
10-12-2007, 11:29 PM
I thought it was alright, but I can't see myself liking this as much as I liked hit and run.

chaosg0d
10-16-2007, 04:31 PM
Oh God, oh god, oh god !!!! I need to download the demo :) I always been a big fan of the simpsons but except for Hit & Run, they never did a good simpsons game.

UNDERWALLY
10-16-2007, 11:23 PM
The camera is horrible, but i liked the game, i got all cliches and the 2 trophies, its no that hard, just need to go high and thats all

Glyndinn
10-17-2007, 01:07 AM
I thought the demo was pretty fun...I'll be playing this for sure when it comes out. The camera was a bit annoying at times, but nothing too horrible to get around. I love the look of the game, and the audio had me and my girlfriend cracking up a few times. :p

botafogo007
10-18-2007, 12:16 AM
What a disappointment. Because I'm a hardcore Simpsons fan I might force myself to play through this game--but it will definitely be forced. Same complaints here--camera sucked, auto lock thingy is a joke, gameplay just overall lame. What a shame because there's a lot of humor there and I could see how collecting all the crap could be fun.

Thanks EA

Parkerktm
10-28-2007, 02:32 AM
i thought this game was going to be ok, but i thought the demo sucked. Not going to buy it cause the demo ruined anyway positive thoughts that i had about the game

SegaSaturnSNK
10-28-2007, 03:29 AM
If EA didn't had anything to do with this game, it would of turned out to be better. Who was the creators of Hit and Run? That wasn't a bad Simpson game at all. If they created it, it would of been better.