PDA

View Full Version : Two Free Games in Xbox Bundles Coming Soon

The Pants Party
10-08-2007, 03:59 PM
Hot on the heels of a price reduction for all Xbox 360 consoles, Microsoft is now giving holiday buyers even more value by including two great games with every Xbox 360 console and Xbox 360 Elite, a retail savings of $90 for consumers. The acclaimed “Forza Motorsport 2” (Microsoft Game Studios) and “Marvel Ultimate Alliance” (Activision) will both be included for the recently reduced prices of $349.99 (U.S.) for Xbox 360 and $449.99 (U.S.) for Xbox 360 Elite. Both bundles will be available retail-wide by the end of October.

Thanks to [Planet Xbox (http://www.planetxbox360.com/index.php/articledetails/show/2793)]

Bullet2theface
10-08-2007, 04:07 PM
I'm looking forward to buying my own xbox 360, I got some money from my birthday which was yesterday, but I'm wondering, why is the Elite $100 more then the xbox 360 premium? (I probably spelled that wrong, but you know what I mean) Or did I misunderstood something?

Sanction
10-08-2007, 04:09 PM
I just bought a damn Elite. :mad:

But whatever, this always happens.

Shinobi273
10-08-2007, 05:17 PM
I hope they have other deals or at least price drops as I was going to try get an elite this holiday season. I already own Forza 2 and MUA so this deal sucks for me. I'm more excited about the Falcon processor and want a console that I don't have to worry about sending back for repairs.

hainesdogg
10-09-2007, 01:32 AM
I think this is a great way to attract new 360 users

Bullet2theface
10-09-2007, 01:51 AM
Is this offer available at all stores, I'm looking to go buy it at Best buy because of the warranty and I have reward zone so I et some store credit back...I've searched the site ( www.bestbuy.com (http://www.bestbuy.com) ) but I did not find this offer anywhere...

Edit - My bad I now see it says "coming soon" sorry, as soon as I saw xbox 360 and free games in the same title I got trigger happy. Could you give us a date on when this offer will be available?

Jdm
10-09-2007, 01:52 AM
I've already lost track of how many SKU's M$ has put out. I think retailers will need an entire aisle dedicated to M$ and their products.

This is actually great news, as a co-worker of mines had asked me if there were any deals. I'll be sure to let him know.

Bullet2theface
10-10-2007, 12:49 AM
Would you happen to know a specific date?

Vista
10-10-2007, 01:31 AM
eh, good deal but to get real money they should have put Halo 3 or half life 2:OB in there. Pretty much anyone who wants a 360 is gonna want halo 3! I would personally buy a halo console if my pro broke, it is so cool looking.

hainesdogg
10-10-2007, 02:04 AM
I thought I read somewhere that this bundle was coming at the end of October

Edit: Sorry miss spoke the first time.

JesusBread
10-10-2007, 02:49 AM
I've already lost track of how many SKU's M$ has put out. I think retailers will need an entire aisle dedicated to M$ and their products.

This is actually great news, as a co-worker of mines had asked me if there were any deals. I'll be sure to let him know.

Both sony and microsoft really need to cut back on the SKU's.

Jdm
10-10-2007, 07:13 AM
Both sony and microsoft really need to cut back on the SKU's.

Well if anything, I think M$ really needs to cut back their SKU's. OK, I'm going to give this a shot...

1. Xbox 360 Core
2. Xbox 360 Premium
3. Xbox 360 Elite
4. Xbox Spartan Green Halo 3 Edition
5. Xbox 360 XBLA Bundle
6. Xbox 360 Premium Game Package
7. Xbox 360 Elite Game Package

I think that's all. Feel free to correct me or add to the list if I missed any.

P.S. I'm not being Negative about M$ and their business moves, but I would like to say that 7 SKU's is a LOT!:eek:

SegaSaturnSNK
10-10-2007, 03:25 PM
Well if anything, I think M$ really needs to cut back their SKU's. OK, I'm going to give this a shot...

1. Xbox 360 Core
2. Xbox 360 Premium
3. Xbox 360 Elite
5. Xbox 360 XBLA Bundle

P.S. I'm not being Negative about M$ and their business moves, but I would like to say that 7 SKU's is a LOT!:eek:

In 2 years? I agree.

As for people asking when this will be coming out, I read either at Gamespot or Kokatu, late October.

xGodDogx
10-10-2007, 05:34 PM
Wow!! see the deals come out as soon as i buy my 360 lol...

PerpetualHeaven
10-10-2007, 05:44 PM

1. Xbox 360 Core
2. Xbox 360 Premium
3. Xbox 360 Elite
5. Xbox 360 XBLA Bundle

What are you talking about? ;) 7! PSH! They should have 14 KINDS to confuse everybody! No but seriously, they should completely discontinue the Core model. It's useless.

As for this bundle, that is a pretty sweet deal. Too bad I already have a 360. All the sweet deals come out way later.

Jdm
10-11-2007, 07:54 AM
What are you talking about? ;) 7! PSH! They should have 14 KINDS to confuse everybody! No but seriously, they should completely discontinue the Core model. It's useless.

As for this bundle, that is a pretty sweet deal. Too bad I already have a 360. All the sweet deals come out way later.

14 SKU's?! You crazy, PH7!:p

Tell me about the sweet deals. I own 4 Xbox 360's and only ONE was a good deal. It was an Premium for $329.99 + a FREE HD-DVD Drive. I couldn't beat that. All my other consoles were bought pretty much at retail price(before the price drop).:(

PerpetualHeaven
10-11-2007, 12:44 PM
14 SKU's?! You crazy, PH7!:p

Tell me about the sweet deals. I own 4 Xbox 360's and only ONE was a good deal. It was an Premium for $329.99 + a FREE HD-DVD Drive. I couldn't beat that. All my other consoles were bought pretty much at retail price(before the price drop).:(

Free HD-DVD? When did that deal happen? Where was I? Why do you own 4 XBOX 360s? Are they back up 360s? What's your favourite colour? I like flowers. :D

I actually haven't played a racing in game in so long. I think these two games are awesome for 360 newcomers especially Marvel. Such an awesome game. :blurp Because there's no drool face.

SonOfNorris86
10-11-2007, 04:35 PM
Cool I plan on getting an Elite soon, my question, is Marvel Ultimate Alliance the Gold Edition that has the extra characters from the dlc or just the normal. I assume its the normal which kinda sucks since I already have it. Anyway I hope the new Elites have the Falconized chips.

Jdm
10-11-2007, 10:59 PM
Free HD-DVD? When did that deal happen? Where was I? Why do you own 4 XBOX 360s? Are they back up 360s? What's your favourite colour? I like flowers. :D

I actually haven't played a racing in game in so long. I think these two games are awesome for 360 newcomers especially Marvel. Such an awesome game. :blurp Because there's no drool face.

^^^I caught the deal at FYE. Free HD-DVD Player...even though I already own one.:( eBay, here it comes!

I have 4 Xbox 360's because I am a Fanboy and I can't help myself.:p

Hmmm, my favorite color? I guess I have none. The Elite black is good enough for me.

Cool I plan on getting an Elite soon, my question, is Marvel Ultimate Alliance the Gold Edition that has the extra characters from the dlc or just the normal. I assume its the normal which kinda sucks since I already have it. Anyway I hope the new Elites have the Falconized chips.

^^^The Elites currently, are not equipped with the Falcon Chipsets. I guess it wouldn't make a difference anyways, since the Halo 3 console is already overheating.:mad:

Comon ST
10-12-2007, 11:41 AM
Actually JDM, I believe you can cut that down to 6...

GameStop should just go ahead and put our tips email in their distribution list, because as soon as something interesting pops up on their POS system, we get a good four or five emails regarding it. The latest? Apparently an email has come down informing store managers to pull down any signage regarding the Xbox 360 core system, because once their current stock is gone there isn't going to be anymore. Seems like stores are preparing for the rumored new Core system (http://kotaku.com/gaming/rumor/new-360-core-coming-to-us-this-holiday-291506.php), that comes with the 256MB memory card and wireless controllers. There are rumors upon rumors, but this one rings true. Source: http://kotaku.com/gaming/rumor/xbox-360-core-discontinued-304875.php

Its only a rumor, but i believe I did read somewhere that it is actually happening.

10-12-2007, 08:14 PM
They're already here.

The Xboxes, of course, not the aliens. Definitely not the aliens. Why do you keep bringing up the aliens? Your mother's a whore. No, you're mother's a whore.

Jdm
10-12-2007, 09:46 PM
Actually JDM, I believe you can cut that down to 6...

Source: http://kotaku.com/gaming/rumor/xbox-360-core-discontinued-304875.php

Its only a rumor, but i believe I did read somewhere that it is actually happening.

^^^It's actually been a rumor for awhile now, but if the Core becomes discontinued for sure...it wouldn't surprise me one bit.

They're already here.

The Xboxes, of course, not the aliens. Definitely not the aliens. Why do you keep bringing up the aliens? Your mother's a whore. No, you're mother's a whore.

^^^1138 say what?!:p