PDA

View Full Version : gears of war demo at E3 conference

Psycence
05-09-2006, 06:50 PM
11:41: Gears of war trailer. It's a spectacular battle with giant spider-thing crushing people. Locust troopers rip apart humans.Insane fire fight, blood and fire everywhere. No date given.

11:42: Cliffy B takes on stage to show off level of Gears, mission has two troopers trying to escape area. Cut to underground bunker, troopers then go up stairwell to ruined city for airlift, locust troops everywhere.

11:43: Shotgun blast purees locust guy--blood EVERYWHERE, close-up shotgun blast splatters another, lead trooper now in firefight in hall,bullets flying everywhere, frame rate a tad chuggy. Antoher close-up shotgun blast rips Locust apart. His severed arm plops onto a large stone.

11:45: Heat effects blur fire from the guns in Gears of War. It's these details and its visceral combat that evoke Halo. Close combat melee moves, shotguns to the face, and bullets, bullets, bullets are the plan to make this a hit with the kids.

11:46: Grenade blast takes out last of locusts, troopers emerge into open. Another firefight. More blood. Frame rate totally chugging at this point, but it's definitely real-time. Lead human trooper--Marcus--slaughters the last of the locusts. Blood jets everywhere when he sticks his chainsaw bayonet into a locust and rips him in half.

11:47: The ruined city of the game is in shambles. Enemies are relentless, as the oafish soldiers can take bullets with the best of them. The action is in intense. This is the first level. I repeat, this is the first level. Marcus can shoot blindly from behind cover, as he spends most of his time moving from cover spot to cover spot. The AI looks fabulous.

11:48: Message over radios warns of movement below ground. Whole earth shakes, cocrete snaps like peanut brittler. HUGE spider locust coomes out. Trailer ends with no release date. Cliffy B cedes stage to Peter Moore, who talks about "the most powerful next-generation experience ... with the most spectacular games ever."

Come on that sounds fucking awesome

g4m3r7ag
05-09-2006, 06:55 PM
that it does

Tron
05-09-2006, 07:14 PM
sure does...no release dates blow.

KilluhKam
05-09-2006, 09:26 PM
i herd the demo's gonna b on the xbox live market 2marow...i hope it is!!

scoobydiesel
05-09-2006, 11:21 PM
if the demo comes out that will be pretty shockign and awesome.

thieflordgamer
05-10-2006, 01:18 AM
how do you guys find that stuff with the exact times? i just watched g4 and they didn't show the gears of war stuff.

g4m3r7ag
05-10-2006, 02:22 AM
we got this stuff from like 1up and gamespot stuff like that

Phaethon360
05-10-2006, 02:53 AM
Don't forget to checkout the vid guys.

http://www.gamespot.com/e3/e3story.html?sid=6149731&pid=928234

There's a trailer and some gameplay. Good stuff.

g4m3r7ag
05-10-2006, 02:58 AM
and there is the trailers in the marketplace