PDA

View Full Version : Bitching Thread

Nevander
01-02-2013, 01:24 AM
EDIT: Now that I have relaxed, I cleaned up the language. I just had to get it out but don't like to leave it here. At least I have a conscious.

EDIT 2: This is a follow up to let you all know, I finally managed to get the achievement. As soon as I tried landing on the little platform going backwards, I nailed it. Just lol...

---

Cannot believe this whole time no bitching thread was made. Well, the Riders of Doom DLC made me create it.

Not really here to bitch about the game itself, not even the tracks or something in the actual game. I'm here to bitch about the achievements and how they design them.

The golden wheel achievement. It's simple. Hit a bunch of ropes with a sparking wheel to light them, GOT IT. Go to try it, IT'S NOT AS SIMPLE AS YOU THINK!

Where to begin.

The sparks are at least a foot or so wide, so why the hell can't the sparks reach the rope from a foot away? Why must the sparks be RIGHT above the ropes? Speaking particularly about the third rope where your back tire has to hit it.

Why the hell can't you light your front wheel as well? Would be much nicer to be able to hit that third one with the front wheel. Too easy you say? Who cares?

Now on to the last one. Why in hell does the last one have A HOLE THERE? Where even after hitting all of them, you can screw it all by crashing into a hole that they decided JUST HAD TO BE THERE!?! The hole isn't enough. They also put a board facing towards you there so if you hit the board below correctly, but bounce too high, you smack your face on it. That got me just now. Out of all the attempts, this NEVER happened until now. Are. You. Kidding. Me?

Now the way the checkpoints work. This 'do the thing without faulting' is dumb. Why must I not fault? To make it harder? Seems like the only reason. Since in the editor, you can set things to not reset in checkpoint restarts, which means the sparks on the wheel, the other ropes being ignited, and the fact that you crashed, can all be ignored by one simple setting in the track making process. Why do they not do that? Why do they make them reset? I dunno, to make it HARDER THAN IT SHOULD BE MAYBE!?!?!?

Going out of my mind here trying to do this. Sick of the way the Trials achievements are, and I'm sick of RedLynx's designs.

Shove the platinums up your ass since those are completely out of my league.

This DLC has made me HATE this game. Before when I had the 500, I loved it. Now it can burn in hell. Trials HD too, with that stupid Marathon achievement. Somehow I did the Donkey Challenge. How can I do that but not light 6 stupid fuses on a medium track? Only RedLynx logic...

/end rant

Corrupt.
01-02-2013, 01:38 AM
LOL nice thread. To be honest the platinum one is gonna bug me, some of them are okay, but to do all of them is gonna take a lot of practice.

It is nice to see some tougher achievements as the original 400 were really simple, so anyone with the full 600 will have to have a lot of skill.

Also, to help with the red font in the OP, Fuck!

kyboy
01-02-2013, 01:49 AM
I love the game, but the achievements are the reason I didn't buy any of the dlc. I'm an average trials player, so There's No way in hell I'd get the dlc achievements!!

Dog Face
01-02-2013, 04:50 AM
You're doing the last rope a harder way. That's why you're having trouble. Go to Maka's guide to see how I suggested you to do it and see it you have any better luck.

All of these achievements are obtainable if you play Trials often enough. One thing I don't get though is why they make it a point you don't need Plat. on and Extreme's but then add the achievement for NeverEnding Trials. Plat. is 12 rounds yet you have to go 15.

Nevander
01-02-2013, 07:18 AM
One thing I don't get though is why they make it a point you don't need Plat. on and Extreme's but then add the achievement for NeverEnding Trials. Plat. is 12 rounds yet you have to go 15.

That's what I'm talking about, messed up logic. They say to pass ONE extreme track, "you can do it!" And yet, you have to get platinum on ALL tracks except the extremes which is tons harder. Only RedLynx logic...

Corrupt.
01-04-2013, 04:49 AM
I know one thing, this guarantees that I will get a lot more play out of Evolution. After I got the original 400 I barely touched it to be honest, after playing HD for over 300 days going for Marathon Man(according to 360voice). I reckon that will now be beaten by Evo with the Platinum achievement.

LaserPanther
01-04-2013, 09:14 AM
I love the game, but the achievements are the reason I didn't buy any of the dlc.
Are you serious? If you really "LOVE" the game, then go buy that DLC because it's a hell of a lot of fun. Fuck those achievements, man. Not playing a game because of it's achievements seems a bit dumb to me.

kyboy
01-04-2013, 01:12 PM
Are you serious? If you really "LOVE" the game, then go buy that DLC because it's a hell of a lot of fun. Fuck those achievements, man. Not playing a game because of it's achievements seems a bit dumb to me.

I can't even finish 1 extreme track, so dlc would be a waste

tunaleg
01-06-2013, 12:30 AM

Each dlc has 3 - 4 extreme tracks, majority are easy to hard. From someone who struggles just to finish an extreme track both dlc's have given me hours of enjoyment. Quit making excuses.

slmmzy
01-06-2013, 12:59 PM
Nature calls and Dystopia - two tracks I can live without.

Harry Rasing
01-06-2013, 02:24 PM
The tracks from the last DLC containing to much 'bunny-hop' obstacles in my opinion.. Nice design, but must of the tracks feel the same this way.
And if you can't handle that technic, you're screwed! :uzi:

Tsaako
01-06-2013, 03:20 PM

Eh, I bought Origin of Pain DLC during a recent sale, even though I probably won't get many achievements from the list, the maps are kinda fun. I like the bike you get aswell.

Anyways, speaking of extremes, I hate that fucking second to last checkpoint on the wreck. 3 times I've gotten there and I still fail it. I can't even find a good guide for how to do it. All's I see is replay's of it done and expecting us to know how to do it from that..

T675 Sparky
01-06-2013, 03:32 PM
Anyways, speaking of extremes, I hate that fucking second to last checkpoint on the wreck. 3 times I've gotten there and I still fail it. I can't even find a good guide for how to do it. All's I see is replay's of it done and expecting us to know how to do it from that..
You mean this one?
Or that one?
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nq89Mubv2oE)

Mr Fiddler
01-06-2013, 09:59 PM
I agree with the original post. I like(d) the game but hate the dlc achievements with a passion - they are way too skewed towards the top few percent of players. Why couldn't the dlc achievement difficulty spread match that of the main game?

Sometimes achievements in games (dlc or otherwise) are so badly thought out that they just end up making me hate the game. They actually patched the difficulty of the Marathon achievement in Trials HD, though it was still pretty tough, but it made me think that they'd learnt something from it... I guess not. Think I'll pass on their next game.

kyboy
01-06-2013, 10:04 PM
Each dlc has 3 - 4 extreme tracks, majority are easy to hard. From someone who struggles just to finish an extreme track both dlc's have given me hours of enjoyment. Quit making excuses.

I'm not making excuses, since I can't even finish one extreme track, an I got bronze an silver on the hard tracks, there would be No point in me buying the dlc just to get frustrated with it.. pointless.. I'll just stick with the main game

kyboy
01-07-2013, 08:29 PM
Well today I completed the fishy whatever track!! I only got bronze but I don't care, finally completed my first extreme track!!!

Frazerz1990
01-07-2013, 08:53 PM
Although after a few months of not playing I seem to have lost all skill and do agree that the achievements for the DLCs have been a bit rough I don't care that I haven't achieved them as the game is just so much fun. I think the 2nd DLC they really stepped up the difficulty but that's just my opinion.

kyboy
01-07-2013, 09:28 PM
Although after a few months of not playing I seem to have lost all skill and do agree that the achievements for the DLCs have been a bit rough I don't care that I haven't achieved them as the game is just so much fun. I think the 2nd DLC they really stepped up the difficulty but that's just my opinion.

That's why I didn't buy any of the dlc. I just now completed my first extreme track lol.. so the dlc would be a waste. I buy games to enjoy them, not get frustrated with them lol..

jdawg529
01-08-2013, 05:53 AM
Personally, I'm glad that they made the achievements this hard... While trying to get to round 15 of Neverending trials I did some deep thinking, mostly asking myself, will the satisfaction of getting this achievement be worth all the frustration and learning required to get it? All that thinking made me realize I have a bad addiction to achievements in the first place, and this achievement didn't come out of nowhere, I had a really bad WoW addiction 4 years ago and all I really did to get out of that was to replace it with Xbox....

Now I have a Gaming PC and I'm effy about playing any of the games I bought of the steam sale because they have no achievements.. I'm realizing how stupid that is.. I should play a game for fun, not achievements. But this addiction won't simply go away, I have games on xbox that I bought but haven't played yet.. so my plan is to play the games I got and if I enjoy the game that much to the point where I want to get all the achievements then I should go for it, but if I see an achievement thats more trouble than its worth to skip it.

We should play games for fun, not achievements, yes some achievements are fun, but really, once you went down that road to play a game such as Hannah Montanna to get an easy 1000 you should feel ashamed of yourself. (I am guilty of 1000gs Avatar)

I remember when I was really young, I made my own achievements for games I truly loved. For example Zelda, I loved Ocarina of Time so not only have I completed it 6 times I got all the collectibles, (Heart Pieces, Items, etc.) Just having all of that done made me feel proud and accomplished of myself. I didn't need a score to tell me I was awesome.

Anyways, thanks to this DLCs achievements which led to my thinking I can proudly tell you that after I finish this batch of games I own I will be buying all my games on PC now. I have a GTX 670, I7-3770k rig, it would be a shame to pick xbox over it.

The only exception to this above rule is that I will still keep my xbox around for console exclusives or even maybe for some games like GTA 5 where it will come to consoles first :)

Dog Face
01-08-2013, 07:10 AM
Well today I completed the fishy whatever track!! I only got bronze but I don't care, finally completed my first extreme track!!!
Congrats :) Now to own all the others.

Dog Face
01-08-2013, 03:48 PM
Had a top 50 run going on Overpass Action and messed up the bunny hop at the last checkpoint.

Crash Geom
01-08-2013, 07:54 PM
Took 4 hours to get this. When I started, I couldn't get the 2nd bunny hopping rope a single time even after watching a video. Then things suddenly clicked and was able to find a method that was 80% completion rate. My last jump I was only 20% success. So after that, it was just waiting for everything to align. Still frustrating as hell.

kyboy
01-09-2013, 03:33 PM
Congrats :) Now to own all the others.

Thanks. Only took me 157 faults lol..

justinman114
01-10-2013, 08:41 PM
This is the type of game where if you get angry and lose your cool, you will NEVER get better. You have to be patient and learn from your mistakes and you will get it done. Nothing comes easy, that makes it all the more gratifying in the end.

tugboatman
01-23-2013, 12:38 AM
No offence to anyone intended here, but why is ittat people seem to want achievements handed to them, some people seem like they are entitled to them straight away...........
Trials is and has been about trial and error, repetitiveness and persistence just go with it you will get better if you learn from your mistakes trust me... I was rubbish when I first started Trials HD and now I've got times inside the 50... Practice, practice, practice

1.ACHIEVEMENT :
something accomplished, especially by superior ability, special effort, great courage, etc.; a great or heroic deed.

It doesn't say ACHIEVEMENT :
Given to someone because they think they deserve it

And @kyboy if you enjoy the game so much don't let a handful of tracks put you off getting the dlc mate there are many awesome tracks (as well as user made tracks) that you are missing out on. If your having fun with the game get more of it, it's worth it!!!!

Dog Face
01-23-2013, 10:52 AM
No offence to anyone intended here, but why is ittat people seem to want achievements handed to them, some people seem like they are entitled to them straight away...........
[...]
My only problem with these achievements lies with the one for getting to round 15 in Neverending Trials. In their other achievements they make a points you don't need to plat. any Extremes, or even Gold skill games. Then they throw in the one for Neverending Trials. Plat. on that skill game is 12 rounds. You have to go 15 after they make such a big deal about not needing any plats. on Extreme. Now not only do you have to Plat. an Extreme but go three rounds past the medal's requirement.

T675 Sparky
01-23-2013, 11:37 AM
Big difference between getting platinum on ALL extremes/skillgames or just ONE though. I've got to agree with tugboatman on this one. The UEII achievement has a lot of luck involved with it, none of the individual levels are as hard as getting platinum on an extreme track (or even some medium/hard tracks for that matter), but you do need to be very consistent with your riding techniques to get to 15.

slmmzy
02-19-2013, 01:57 PM
It annoys me how you have to speed run the first extreme in ROD to get under platinum time. Really easy to 0 fault but really annoying to do at speed and hit all the timesavers.

T675 Sparky
02-19-2013, 08:57 PM
I thought the 2nd and 4th RoD extremes were the hardest for me to get platinum on! But I can see what you mean :)

slmmzy
02-20-2013, 12:47 AM
Platinum is 1:12 and I just got 1:11.990 lol
I thought the 2nd and 4th RoD extremes were the hardest for me to get platinum on! But I can see what you mean :)
From what I've played the 2nd seems pretty easy and the last 2 significantly harder.

T675 Sparky
02-20-2013, 07:07 PM
Platinum is 1:12 and I just got 1:11.990 lol

From what I've played the 2nd seems pretty easy and the last 2 significantly harder.
Yeah you're right, I had them mixed up! I highly recommend using the Banshee for the last two, the Phoenix gave me a lot of frustration. Especially on the barrel jumps halfway through The Great Fire.

slmmzy
02-26-2013, 08:43 PM
The Forge - Trials Evolution Riders of Doom - YouTube
Having all sorts of trouble with the obstacle at 0:56, cannot find a way to get this done consistently. So frustrating.

T675 Sparky
02-26-2013, 09:47 PM
Yeah, that's definatly the hardest obstacle to get right consistantly. I spent hundreds of runs trying to get platinum, and probably half of them were because of failing on that obstacle. I've tried backing up all the way and giving it full throttle but that usually ended in me flipping over and landing on my head or overshooting the platform, not getting the bike stopped on it in time. If you watch my replay, it's basically an exact copy of how that guy does it, so it's the way to go I guess!

slmmzy
02-27-2013, 02:29 AM
Thanks for that advice. Every time I think I got it down I start failing again and somewhere in between all my constant failures I managed a 1 fault run. The worst part is it takes me so long to get a good run going with the first half of the track being so tough.

T675 Sparky
02-27-2013, 10:16 AM
Are you using the Banshee aswell? Because it's a hell of a lot harder with the Phoenix.. The first half until that point isn't too hard once you get the hang of it, but another problem was, for me anyway, after that jump I somehow overshot the next jump to the platform a lot (the small one before the checkpoint), so I recommend getting to the checkpoint and just practising those two jumps after it, so once you get a 0-fault run going you don't overshoot it like I did so many times... If that made any sense what I just tried to say :p

slmmzy
02-27-2013, 12:09 PM
I finally got it and yeah I used the Banshee. That jump you're talking about I found was easiest with the momentum from the previous obstacle and not from the checkpoint itself. I thought it was better to overshoot than undershoot since you can use the back wheel to bounce yourself up.

slmmzy
04-02-2013, 12:12 PM
I'd just like to say the Industrial Revolution tournament is one of the most frustrating things I've ever experienced.

GeneralGranko
04-11-2013, 07:03 PM
Everyone watch out! There is achievement out there that has AIDS! The achievements is called "Unyielding II" and not only it got AIDS, it´s also very very gay, so watch out, trying to get this achievement may cause you mental insanity, destruction of all 4 controllers you have and also the 5th one which is wired, and you also get AIDS.

(summed: Unyielding II sucks and I hate it, most terrible achievement ever for me so far)

slmmzy
04-11-2013, 07:49 PM
That one took me months and was very frustrating but you should definitely hang in there as its all about consistency.

GeneralGranko
04-12-2013, 11:34 AM
That one took me months and was very frustrating but you should definitely hang in there as its all about consistency.
YOHOHOHOHO just did it, few days ago I gave it like 10 tries, yesterday - I tried it for 1h and 30 minutes - unsuccesful, now today I tried like 10 times, the 2nd time I got to the pre-last part, very easy, but I panicked and failed, and now I did it!! UNYIELDING NO LONGER HAS AIDS, BUT STILL WATCH OUT EVERYONE

Nevander
04-12-2013, 09:29 PM
YOHOHOHOHO just did it, few days ago I gave it like 10 tries, yesterday - I tried it for 1h and 30 minutes - unsuccesful, now today I tried like 10 times, the 2nd time I got to the pre-last part, very easy, but I panicked and failed, and now I did it!! UNYIELDING NO LONGER HAS AIDS, BUT STILL WATCH OUT EVERYONE

As I played this game and learned what to do, and what not to do, my experience was very much like yours. Trials is all about trial and error. You just have to keep at it. I thought I'd never be able to get a platinum on an extreme, let alone beat one, but I did!

I have done everything in this game except the Hard as Nails tournament with no faults, round 15 in Neverending Trials, and all Platinums in Riders of Doom, frankly because they are the hardest three in the whole lot of the game. Probably won't ever get them because they demand a whole new level of ninja skills.

GeneralGranko
04-14-2013, 02:34 PM
As I played this game and learned what to do, and what not to do, my experience was very much like yours. Trials is all about trial and error. You just have to keep at it. I thought I'd never be able to get a platinum on an extreme, let alone beat one, but I did!

I have done everything in this game except the Hard as Nails tournament with no faults, round 15 in Neverending Trials, and all Platinums in Riders of Doom, frankly because they are the hardest three in the whole lot of the game. Probably won't ever get them because they demand a whole new level of ninja skills.

People like you who have platinum on Extreme tracks should be called Bike Ninja´s.

GeneralGranko
04-18-2013, 09:23 AM
So after days of pain playing this I got a little bit more skilled, I have 17 of 20 cheevos now.

Just 3 to go:

WIN 5 ONLINE GAMES
FIND ALL SQUIRELS
SCENIC TOURMANENT - 0 FAULTS

Brawl Kirby
04-20-2013, 08:19 PM
this game is a piece of shit with broken physics

also nice from the creators that obvious TASers aren't kicked out of the rankings but I guess there are just to many of them so they did not care

slmmzy
04-20-2013, 11:27 PM
Who is a TASer? First I've ever heard of it.

Scottcool
05-03-2013, 04:13 PM
this game is a piece of shit with broken physics

also nice from the creators that obvious TASers aren't kicked out of the rankings but I guess there are just to many of them so they did not care

Dude are you serious or are you seriously retarded? Trails has amazing physics, it is the reason why the game is so good amongst others.

You can't TAS trails either, you are apparently incapable of accepting true skill.

I believe that achievements should actually be just that so i shall relish the challenge of the harder ones on the RoD dlc. If you are prepaired to put in the effort you will eventually get there if you are in it for score whoring then trails is not for you.

Nevander
05-03-2013, 09:49 PM
So after days of pain playing this I got a little bit more skilled, I have 17 of 20 cheevos now.

Just 3 to go:

WIN 5 ONLINE GAMES
FIND ALL SQUIRELS
SCENIC TOURMANENT - 0 FAULTS

Online wins I found easiest by playing Hardcore Trials (if you are good). Most of the time you can easily kick everyone's ass on those Hard or Extreme tracks. If not, then Supercross is probably easiest to win on.

Squirrels are self-explanatory, just hook yourself up with Maka's guide and you're set.

Scene Route isn't really hard AT ALL, it takes practice though. Not to gloat, but me now, I could do that tournament with no faults anytime (along with any other of the base game's achievements). What I am trying to say is with more practice in this game comes the ability to do stuff like that so easily.

Personally I recommend to use the Scorpion and just practice each track one by one until you feel you have a good grasp on them all. The hardest one is Around the Ranch because of that fire pit that can get you and then the last couple jumps.

Don Jose
05-03-2013, 11:31 PM
You can't TAS trails either, you are apparently incapable of accepting true skill.

Could someone explain what the hell "TAS" means? I'm too lazy to google it.

slmmzy
05-04-2013, 12:57 AM
Tool assisted speed run

Scottcool
05-04-2013, 09:44 AM
Tool assisted speed run
tool assisted means using a program (a tool) to cheat/make perfect speedruns. You can create and load saves at will, slow the game down and then compile all the attempts into a perfect speedrun with all the fails removed.

Don Jose
05-04-2013, 02:13 PM
tool assisted means using a program (a tool) to cheat/make perfect speedruns. You can create and load saves at will, slow the game down and then compile all the attempts into a perfect speedrun with all the fails removed.

Thanks for the explanation.

Nevander
05-04-2013, 09:21 PM

They can be cool sometimes. Ever seen those Mario 64 ones? Holy balls lol.

As for Trials or any game with leaderboards, they need to be kept out. Not sure if they are even in the game, but regardless.

slmmzy
05-04-2013, 10:34 PM
All the top riders in Trials are legit I am almost certain of that. I love watching those TAS runs of Mario 64 but recently the real thing by guys like Siglemic are just as good.

JeremyVersion1
07-28-2013, 11:32 PM
Playing today with my son, just some simple supercross tracks. He gets ahead of me, they crash me and make me wait for the checkpoint. I get ahead of him, they stretch the god damn camera out so I can't see where I'm going, so I crash and he's able to play along just fine. How the fuck does this make sense? What were they thinking?!

Now I remember why I stopped playing Evolution, it's a piece of shit. Fuck this game.

slmmzy
11-26-2013, 09:10 AM
Didn't get into Neverending Trials until recently and oh boy do I regret it. I've been to round 15 which is technically me beating 15 rounds but for some reason the first round counts as 0 so no achievement. Ever since that 15 though I haven't gotten close once and the frustration is building to the point that I have to rage quit every 10 minutes. Probably should just give up soon.

Nevander
11-30-2013, 03:23 AM
Didn't get into Neverending Trials until recently and oh boy do I regret it. I've been to round 15 which is technically me beating 15 rounds but for some reason the first round counts as 0 so no achievement. Ever since that 15 though I haven't gotten close once and the frustration is building to the point that I have to rage quit every 10 minutes. Probably should just give up soon.

I feel you. Highest I've gotten to is like 12 and I could never get back to it.

mfisher9977
04-01-2014, 03:44 PM
I love this game. But its so frustrating!

mfisher9977
04-01-2014, 03:46 PM
Any tips for landing on inclines? I passed every extreme track but my biggest flaw is preventing the bounce when landing on inclines. Ughh

mfisher9977
04-01-2014, 03:52 PM
I think imo the most frustrating part of trials is when you realize you're failing to beat your previous time, after practicing the track over and over...but you did better when you just winged it the day before!

JeremyVersion1
04-01-2014, 04:11 PM
Any tips for landing on inclines? I passed every extreme track but my biggest flaw is preventing the bounce when landing on inclines. Ughh

You'll almost always bounce, but I feather the gas and lean forward.

Evo Kazz
09-10-2014, 08:59 PM
Trials HD - Maxed
Trials HD DLC - Maxed
Trials Evo - Maxed
Trials Evo DLC Maxed except Riders Of Bullshit

I've done eveything except Plats, Wail of the fuckshe. and Neverending Bullshit.

My best wave on Neverending Bullshit is 7, but not really tried hard with it, not even attempted Wail of the Fuckshe, and out of the 3 sections you need to Platinum (with 5 tracks in each) I've Plat'd 2 (10 tracks), I am stuck on Dome Of Doom, the barrel jump half way (usually an Extreme obstacle), I just cannot nail it all the time, its stupid. I hammered this game and DLC, and then recently got stuck in, it's taken me 2 weeks to Plat 10 tracks, and I give up now.

Will never buy another Redlynx game again, inconsistant bullshit achievements, and the guy quoting the dictionary meaning of achievement, your on the wrong site, please leave.