PDA

View Full Version : Gears of War vs Halo - You Knew It Was Coming

Wreckon Dracgon
05-10-2006, 01:57 PM
First I must say I'm a big fan of the Halo series, but I wanted to see what others think of the news/videos/trailers/gameplay footage and more coming out of E3. I've seen several posts asking where are people seeing/getting this info and a great place to start would be...

http://xbox360.ign.com/e3/2006/games/

They have all of the news and more importantly trailers and gameplay videos you'd ever want.

Now onto the topic, as I said I love myself some Halo, but the trailers, and gameplay videos (all 12 that I've watched way to many times) of Gears of Wars is so unbelievable. Now granted its very early and Halo wasn't featured nearly as much as Gears of Wars, but god its great to know two games of this calibur are coming home. With that said I give my early vote to Gears of War, and proclaim that Sony has a lot of work to do.

kRaZyNeSs
05-10-2006, 02:44 PM
Yea I've seen videos of Gears of War and it has impressed me.

alienprime
05-10-2006, 02:56 PM
I did not see the ingame footage of Halo3 yet, but I have seen the trailer. Now I was a huge Halo 1 fan, but despised the second one(mainly due to to obvious noobification of different weapons).
GoW and Halo 3 will be 2 different hings and should not be coompared.
Gow: 3rd person view --> Halo3: First person view
GoW: Futuristic team based action --> Halo3: Single man army

These are the maind differences we know of for sure. I guess we could also assume that GoW will probably be faster paced than Halo 3(based on the infamous UT series) BUT THIS IS ONLY AN ASSUMPTION.

What it will really com edown to is what game has the best online support. As much as I hate to admit it, it seems Bungie will once again dominate in that with full clan support again and maybe even added features. Unless epic pulls off an amazing game i would think Halo 3 woudl win, solely because of it's online support.

WyldthingUK
05-10-2006, 04:08 PM
Halo 3 will be a fantastic online game and with it's dedicated fan base is likely to supersede GoW with numbers of people playing it. However, I am really, really excited about a NEW game, with NEW gameplay, with NEW plot lines rather than yet another sequel, prequel or otherwise.

The 6 mins of gameplay footage of GoW has really whet my appetite and it looks effing amazing. Roll on the finished product.....:)

Psycence
05-10-2006, 04:20 PM
Halo 3 will be great online i agree but single player worries me a lot, after the debacle of halo 2's single, where as gears of war looks fucking fantastic in single player but multi could be let down by at least in the uk, the shitty broadband network

KilluhKam
05-11-2006, 04:53 AM
personally i think both of these games will convert ppl over 2 the 360 becuz of theyre awesomeness in graphix and gameply....im going 2 try 2 buy both since one comes out this year and one comes out next year (1st i must get Dead rising and Enchanted Arms possibly N3 also depending on if it comes out b4 or after GoW)

Tron
05-11-2006, 11:28 AM
Halo has the ability to suck at making the single player mission and still win game of the year...the online experience is second to none, even with the cheating and modding, i find myself playing halo2 everytime and my 360 games sit and collect dust.

xfrancox
05-11-2006, 04:41 PM
Im really excited about GOW, it looks amazing. Definitely a true Next Gen title. But Halo and I have a relationship already, haha. This game, coupled with the movie is going to be the end of a legacy. Love it or hate it Halo has become one of the biggest names in the industry. With as much love that I have for Halo, I would never say its the best game overall. Its never been the best as far as campaign, or graphics, but what Halo does have is one of the most logical multiplayer set ups.

That being said, Im much more excited about Halo and I think it will do better than GOW as far as sales. GOW however is definitely going to leave its mark in a big way. One thing is for sure, it is so exciting thinking about how many awesome games are in store for us and our 360s.

k_dog
05-11-2006, 06:39 PM
It's really hard to compare the two when they both use 2 ENTIRELY different shooting engines.