PDA

View Full Version : Valve's Gabe Newell Trashes the PS3... Again

Weapon 117
10-11-2007, 10:23 PM
In an interiew with EDGE Magazine, Valve co-founder Gabe Newell has trashed Sony's PlayStation 3 again:

I think [PS3 is] a waste of everybodyís time. Investing in the Cell, investing in the SPE gives you no long-term benefits. Thereís nothing there that youíre going to apply to anything else. Youíre not going to gain anything except a hatred of the architecture theyíve created. I donít think theyíre going to make money off their box. I donít think itís a good solution.

This is not the first time that the founder and managing director of Valve Software has criticized the PS3. Back in January, Newell told Game Informer magazine that "the PS3 is a total disaster on so many levels, I think Itís really clear that Sony lost track of what customers and what developers wanted"

Source: http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/14781/Valves-Gabe-Newell-Trashes-the-PS3-Again/

Jdm
10-11-2007, 11:54 PM
Wow! That's some criticism there about the PS3.

This is more opinionated, than true. If people were to believe in all this negativity, then absolutely NO ONE would have purchased a Sony PS3. I do agree to a certain point on what was said, but there is some positive points when mentioning the PS3. Granted that it's not the most popular console on the market currently, I still kept mines from near launch.

PerpetualHeaven
10-12-2007, 01:00 AM
They did go with a pointless complex architecture which made the jobs of most developers more difficult which is one of the reasons why EA is reluctant to produce games for the PS3 as quick. Either way, he can shove a big one up the caboose. I don't get for his hatred but ah well.

W. Samuel Jones III
10-12-2007, 01:59 PM
Sony was on top for years. Hopefully all the fanboy criticism will make them redouble their efforts to reclaim their title.:woop: