View Full Version : Legend of Zeda Phantom Hourglass

Lord Halo Nerd
10-12-2007, 10:26 AM
This game recently came out in Australia a few days ago (Wednesday). I pre-orderd it and yay I have it right now. Let me just say the graphics has to be the best on a DS Game, the cell shaded style suits the DS. The gameplay is fun just simply tap the enemy and you swing, slide the stylus across and you run. I haven't got up to the ship part yet, close to it though. Oh yeah when you pull out a map you can write on it and draw on it for information you may forget, I hate writing with the stylus.

There is also Multiplayer in which you can verse anyone across the world, you have a worldwide rank, some things you can unlock and a player name you can change. There is two players one RED and one BLUE. RED Team is Link and you have to get power gems (or something) to earn points and take them back to RED base. The BLUE team is the Phantoms, which you play as three of them. You have to chase and kill Link. But there are safe bases which Link can hide in and not be attacked. I have played online, the person I versed was called Link....sad to say thats my story name (I can't stand characters calling me HaloNerd in Zelda, seems weird) but I call my online name HaloNerd.

So has anyone else got this game yet? When I find out my friend code I will give it to anyone.

10-12-2007, 05:35 PM
Cool, I may have to give this game a try.

My DS is pretty neglected, even though I know their are a lot of quality games for it. All I have for it is the New Mario Brothers game, Nintendogs, and Brain Age 2. :)

10-12-2007, 05:44 PM
the game does sound pretty cool, dont get a lot of time on my DS but this looks like it may be a good purchase

Lord Halo Nerd
10-13-2007, 06:56 AM
The ship controls are a bit bland, just draw a line on the Sea Chart and you move. You can change the camera angles with your stylus while shooting enemies and also you ship can JUMP! TO THE EXTREME! You also explore uncharted islands and sail the seas, saving other ships and blasting the Pirates. You can also customize your ship with many different parts you gather which have their own special abilities.
Puzzles are annoying and tricky, just like Zelda is famous for.

It is a worthwhile purchase, racks up a lot of time.

FM Snell
11-13-2007, 03:12 PM
Best DS game to date probably. I've noticed that the puzzles seem to be easier in this than in other Zelda games, but that doesn't take away from any of the fun.

12-28-2007, 10:18 PM
I haven't got it yet but plan to by the end of Jan. Can't wait to get it.

03-10-2008, 01:47 PM
Do###### it months ago and completed it in anoout 2 weeks but good while it lasted

03-10-2008, 03:31 PM
yer zelda is fun wen you are fishing but the bestbit is wen u had to blow into the mouthpice to blow out the fire to get thru the door i spent ages on that lol

Lamar Ryder
03-25-2008, 10:30 PM
Interesting read, thanks man :)

I just re-bought a DS today after going over a year without one. I LOVED Wind Waker (beat it 3 times), so I may pick this one up after I get tired of Mario Kart and Pokemon Diamond...

06-21-2008, 08:18 AM
Quick tip: At any point in the game you can go in a door, then exit, and everything in the outside world will reset. I stayed in one area of an island for 2 1/2 hours or so, just mining for rupees, and got over 20,000. It's an easy way to afford all the overpriced crap in the merchant ship.