PDA

View Full Version : What is RAID mode?

bryson 06
01-12-2013, 04:22 AM
To anyone that has this on 3ds, what is RAID mode? And based on what you know, how hard do the achievements look for it?

Lastly, does this game have a progressive new game plus like RE5 and 6 had (play through harder difficulties with upgraded weapons)?

Thnx.

Merch
01-12-2013, 04:35 AM
From what I understand, it's similar to the Spec Ops mode from the Modern Warfare games.

Teh Paralyzer
01-12-2013, 07:04 AM
I enjoy the mode but not as much as Mercenaries.

Basically you pick a map you and your partner go through the map killing enemies and make it to the end. Really simple mode.

Idk if the friends feature will make it's way in were you kill gamers you previously met

You build a loadout pick a character and kill enemies while walking through a map until you reach the end. That's Raid in a nutshell.

Achievements are really easy.... just really grindy. I've played with 50s online but I never took the time to even try to level myself up.

Jordan64
01-12-2013, 07:25 AM
Very similar to spec ops in the MW games. Basically you progress through maps by defeating all the enemies to get keys to the next area, once you reach the last area you're finished with that stage, and unlock new ones. Unfortunately all the maps are just recycled from the campaign though.

MoldyClay87
01-12-2013, 09:57 AM
I have Revelations, so I can explain this.

Essentially, Raid Mode is replaying the Chapters from Story Mode (without cutscenes, puzzles or anything), but they've been transformed into arcade-like stages. It's not like Mercenaries, where you have an arena full of enemies, but instead, you run through the corridors of a chapter and kill a bunch of enemies in each room to progress and then punch a BSAA Emblem at the end. Then you get scored based on Time, Damage Taken, and Accuracy.

It's similar to something like Mercenaries in RE3, or Assignment Ada (not Separate Ways) in RE4.

Enemies have life bars and shots in certain areas do more damage.

You get stages based on all the major areas from the story, across 3 difficulty levels, and can unlock a bunch of costumes/characters to play in that mode. You can also customize your own load out of 3 weapons (as opposed to Mercenaries) and attach different upgrades to them (in the form of Custom Parts) such as higher accuracy, making enemies less likely to go after you, raising critical hits, higher damage, carry more ammo, etc.

You also level up by playing, and this allows you to get stronger guns which are better than usual and may have more custom slots to make even stronger.

Like Mercenaries, you can play co-op, but you can also do it alone.

On the 3DS, I've only unlocked the first 7 stages so far (from Chapters 1-3) and you start out with the Easy (or Normal?) mode. I have S in each of those stages so far, but having a hard time with one, featuring a boss from the campaign that is obnoxious. That level sucks.

To unlock levels in Raid Mode, you have to beat chunks of Chapters in story mode (so like I have 7 Raid Mode stages from Chapter 1-3, you unlock another group of stages from beating Chaper 4-6 or something), and you unlock harder difficulties by completing ALL of the stages (so you can't do all there is in Raid Mode until you've beaten the Story Mode to unlock all the levels).

You can also add a Rocket Launcher to your load out (only one rocket, can't upgrade it), but you have to buy another one if you use it.

It's a lot of fun, but I've never tried it with multiplayer.

ReD S1X
01-12-2013, 10:39 AM
At first I thought it was gonna be online achievements and I will go rant about it since it's half of the achievement is onto Raid.

But when someone said it was like Spec Ops MW2/3, I cooled down a bit and I think I'll let them get away with it; for now.

I still don't forgive them on adding DLC multiplayer grinding achievements on RE6 instead of singleplayer challenge or something.

Jordan64
01-12-2013, 12:49 PM
At first I thought it was gonna be online achievements and I will go rant about it since it's half of the achievement is onto Raid.

But when someone said it was like Spec Ops MW2/3, I cooled down a bit and I think I'll let them get away with it; for now.

I still don't forgive them on adding DLC multiplayer grinding achievements on RE6 instead of singleplayer challenge or something.

The getting to level 50 and clear all stages on abyss will be a grind :/
The levels are fun at first but get boring when you have to play through all 20 or so on each of the 3 difficulties.

JuSt BLaZe
01-12-2013, 07:02 PM
Resident Evil Revelations Raid Mode Let's Play Part 1 - YouTube

Cybiko13
01-12-2013, 07:31 PM
The achievements aren't bad but will take some time. I think it took me 30 hours in raid mode to get the equivalent of most the achievements listed.

Teh Paralyzer
01-13-2013, 12:16 AM
It is a fun mode but on xbox 360 it might fall short.

Like Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker had Xbox Live multiplayer but it felt really weak due to it being a PSP game on 360 some might feel the same about this.

However Raid Mode will easily have more replay value so I can see some gamers wanting to come back to it.

MoldyClay87
01-13-2013, 10:02 AM

Unless something changes with the 360 version, they aren't online achievements.

You can do Raid Mode entirely by yourself.

ReD S1X
01-13-2013, 04:25 PM
Unless something changes with the 360 version, they aren't online achievements.

You can do Raid Mode entirely by yourself.

that's the thing, if the grind can be done solo then i wouldn't mind since i can do it anytime i want to. but online requires a heap of people and taking turns to get it is a total drag. a good example of making online/offline achievement to me is ME3.

MoldyClay87
01-13-2013, 06:44 PM
that's the thing, if the grind can be done solo then i wouldn't mind since i can do it anytime i want to. but online requires a heap of people and taking turns to get it is a total drag. a good example of making online/offline achievement to me is ME3.

Yeah, it's not like that. First, I think Raid Mode can only be done with 2 people max, and 2nd, you can do, almost positive, all of the Raid Mode achievements solo, except the "Dynamic Duo" one, since that requires a team mate (Campaign has a team mate, but Raid does not unless someone joins you). So you do not need anyone else in order to grind to 50 or get all of the achievements. It just makes it easier to get through the levels as they get harder.

In the 3DS one, I've done 7 out of like 20 or so stages, and I think I am Player Level 7 or 8. Have been going solo the whole time.

You should be good.

Teh Paralyzer
01-13-2013, 07:21 PM
Yeah, it's not like that. First, I think Raid Mode can only be done with 2 people max, and 2nd, you can do, almost positive, all of the Raid Mode achievements solo, except the "Dynamic Duo" one, since that requires a team mate (Campaign has a team mate, but Raid does not unless someone joins you). So you do not need anyone else in order to grind to 50 or get all of the achievements. It just makes it easier to get through the levels as they get harder.

In the 3DS one, I've done 7 out of like 20 or so stages, and I think I am Player Level 7 or 8. Have been going solo the whole time.

You should be good.

I'm a level 8 as well. I did about 5 stages co-op and S'd them all first try except one. The S rank achievement should be cake plus you can upgrade your guns to make them even stronger. I wouldn't worry about the S Rank achievement at all if anyone is put off by it.

MoldyClay87
01-13-2013, 08:58 PM
The only level I don't have an S rank on in the easy (Abyss) difficulty out of the first 7 is the Promenade Deck, with the miniboss. My god. So annoying. I even ran in with a Rocket Launcher and was able to kill him in one hit, but the area is swarming with Oozes and I wind up getting hit and wasting ammo constantly. Best I got was an A so far.

Dead Giveaway
01-14-2013, 12:12 AM
It is a fun mode but on xbox 360 it might fall short.

Like Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker had Xbox Live multiplayer but it felt really weak due to it being a PSP game on 360 some might feel the same about this.

However Raid Mode will easily have more replay value so I can see some gamers wanting to come back to it.

I play Peace Walker through XBL with some friends, it isn't an amazing game but it worked fine with online co-op.

I'm hoping Raid Mode is online co-op with friends, I can care less for any matchmaking.

The game should play just as well as RE5.

And the content that Raid Mode offers is perfect for XBL gamers.

I still think Capcom should do a direct version of Mercs for XBLA.

MoldyClay87
01-14-2013, 03:34 AM
I play Peace Walker through XBL with some friends, it isn't an amazing game but it worked fine with online co-op.

I'm hoping Raid Mode is online co-op with friends, I can care less for any matchmaking.

The game should play just as well as RE5.

And the content that Raid Mode offers is perfect for XBL gamers.

Well, 3DS version has co-op with friends, so I would assume this is too.

Is there any online game where you CAN'T play with friends?

And I agree. I'd love Mercenaries 3D ported to XBLA. But they need to add Leon and Ada back in. Made no sense for them to not be in the 3DS one.

Capcom said "Leon was too busy being in Operation Raccoon City". Get out of here Capcom. Jill wasn't too busy to be in both.

I think they wanted him to be DLC, but it didn't sell well since they didn't market it (and 3DS was still too expensive then; and the negative press since you can't delete the save, etc).

Teh Paralyzer
01-14-2013, 05:55 AM
Capcom said "Leon was too busy being in Operation Raccoon City". Get out of here Capcom. Jill wasn't too busy to be in both.

I will never forget that hahahaha

Dead Giveaway
01-14-2013, 04:26 PM
Well, 3DS version has co-op with friends, so I would assume this is too.

Is there any online game where you CAN'T play with friends?

And I agree. I'd love Mercenaries 3D ported to XBLA. But they need to add Leon and Ada back in. Made no sense for them to not be in the 3DS one.

I think they wanted him to be DLC, but it didn't sell well since they didn't market it (and 3DS was still too expensive then; and the negative press since you can't delete the save, etc).

It all depends on how they port it really. I would hope they get it online thru XBL but they can always just not bother, who knows.

Even if they don't port the Mercs 3D, they should take that concept & rebrand it for XBLA w/ all characters & stages. RE: Mercenaries Arcade.

Hopefully Revelations will sell well & they can keep it coming.

MoldyClay87
01-17-2013, 10:39 AM
I will never forget that hahahaha

I don't think anyone following that game can. It was the stupidest thing I'd ever heard.

It all depends on how they port it really. I would hope they get it online thru XBL but they can always just not bother, who knows.

This is true, but on the other hand, I feel like Capcom knows that all people want to do is play games online now.

That said, they said Outbreak can't be ported because it wouldn't have online since they don't want to deal with making new servers or fixing the game to use XBL or PSN. So I mean, Capcom IS lazy (other companies have had no problem ADDING online to old games or changing it for newer/different consoles).

EFE Assassin
01-22-2013, 09:36 PM
so can you co-op through the story? or is just in this raid mode?

monkeyunderpants
01-23-2013, 12:28 PM
Only raid mode is co op.

KriugerisLT
03-23-2013, 08:15 PM

PSP, not 3DS. Whole different console generation... derp.

Btw, I thought that MGS:PW had a great MP. Not many play it though, but you will always get a packed lobby against big mech bosses. I know this, because I 1k'd the bitch 4 days ago :) In a weird way, it's better that not many people play PW. Easier to get more camaraderie :)

And I think that Capcom should release a Resident Evil 1-3 HD collection. That would surely make me forget how much ass RE5 and RE6 sucked.