PDA

View Full Version : Achievements full list,but no release date?

Krizalid1985
01-12-2013, 04:37 AM
It 's a great surprise,a complete achievements list for this game,that s a great thing,it's the prove that the game will arrive on home console.....but when???full achievements list before the release date announce?and olso,this will be a retail version or digital version?the name says Resident Evil Revelations with no HD subtitle.......so this is a not a HD Remake?hope some news will come soon....

The Stray
01-12-2013, 06:06 AM
Well, sometimes most game lists are like that, so yeah, got to wait for more confirmation on a release date.

MoldyClay87
01-12-2013, 10:16 AM
Whatever it is, I hope it is cheap. It's a port of a year-old handheld game that's already price dropped (you can get it for ~$20 now, was around $40-50). HD won't justify it being more money or even the same price as when it released. Though it is an amazing game.

I am hoping for a budget price and a simultaneous Games on Demand/Retail disc (but I could see it being digital only).

I like that the achievements are just the "Missions" from the 3DS game with better names. From the achievements, there's seemingly absolutely nothing new, so I'm curious to see what comes of this.

DesirableDan
01-12-2013, 11:32 AM
I am hoping this is legit. I am really exited about this.

mr wong tong
01-12-2013, 01:16 PM
HD remake of only 1 game. Should be pretty cheap. But it's Capcom. So who knows.

Lonegunman718
01-12-2013, 04:25 PM
my money is on it being $60 but hoping for $20

fohf
01-12-2013, 06:15 PM
Of course this list comes out right after I get a 3DS to play this exact game... Oh well, I'd rather play it on the 360 and get some achievements so I'm glad. Hopefully they actually do more than just port it though, like make the textures higher res.

ronnie42
01-12-2013, 06:39 PM
I thought this was going to be a 3ds exclusive so maybe more games like this maybe ported someday.

JuSt BLaZe
01-12-2013, 06:43 PM
I thought this was going to be a 3ds exclusive so maybe more games like this maybe ported someday.

Agreed. Looking forward to the RE1 & Zero Remakes for the NGC. If ever...

ronnie42
01-12-2013, 07:59 PM

Me too, played re1 back in the day, haven't played since, never got around to playing zero.

Annalie
01-12-2013, 09:25 PM
Ive heard good things about this title so ill get it.

Teh Paralyzer
01-13-2013, 12:17 AM
Ive heard good things about this title so ill get it.

If you like old school RE games and RE4 then you'll love this game.

ronnie42
01-13-2013, 01:22 AM
If you like old school RE games and RE4 then you'll love this game.

That's why I'm confused since loved old school RE but I hated 4/5/6 with a passion.

Teh Paralyzer
01-13-2013, 02:31 AM
That's why I'm confused since loved old school RE but I hated 4/5/6 with a passion.

The game works in Segments

As Jill you explore the Ship like you would the RE1 mansion and you move around as you would RE4/5 with more free movement (like walking and shooting)

As you advance with Jill you get to spots where the game will play a new section (like what Chris was doing at that time or what he is doing now or other characters)

So in Segments where you are NOT Jill you play it like you would an RE5 level. After finishing that level you then return to controlling Jill and you explore the Ship some more.

It's a great Single player experience. It's not the Old School RE1 flavor we want but it's better than nothing.

ronnie42
01-13-2013, 04:56 AM
It's not the Old School RE1 flavor we want but it's better than nothing.

Been hoping for old school to return for a long time, problem is capcom could probably make a great new game if they rework the old system. Also sounds like it might be too much like 4/5/6 which I'm not the biggest fan of.

MoldyClay87
01-13-2013, 10:17 AM

Pretty sure Nintendo actually has a contractual agreement with RE1 & Zero where Capcom can't port them. Or at least for some timeframe. There are also Gamecubes (the MO disk machines) in the REmake.

Unless that contract is up, we're not going to see those two jump ship. I'm honestly surprised RE4 wasn't part of that.

Been hoping for old school to return for a long time, problem is capcom could probably make a great new game if they rework the old system. Also sounds like it might be too much like 4/5/6 which I'm not the biggest fan of.

EHH, from what I have played (up to Chapter 5), it's closer to RE4. Don't lump RE6 with them, because RE6 plays very different. Revelations is NOTHING like RE6.

And really, it's not like RE5 either. From what I've played so far. Aside from a flashback involving *just* a classic B.O.W.

The only reason it's like RE4 onward is the camera angle (over the shoulder) and the fact it is broken into chapters with ending points, and the only similarity to RE6 is being able to move and shoot. And by move and shoot, I mean slowly walk and shoot.

It's basically like a classic Resident Evil, but you have RE4 controls, and the move+shoot from RE6 in a classic RE slow pace.

All of Jill's parts are like classic RE. There are no zombies, but the enemies are similar enough, as there are basic, slow paced ones and then stronger ones and then other crazy things.

The part where I played as Chris was mostly fighting dogs, so I don't know that I'd compare that to RE5 or 6, and the part I played as Parker so far was like if RE5 was full of SPOILERShuntersSPOILERS and no other enemies.

TVthePunisher
01-13-2013, 05:09 PM
If the trend of porting portable games continues, I will <insert over the top explanation of surprise and excitement> if the Castlevania games start appearing on consoles. Circle of the Moon, Harmony of Dissonance, Aria/Dawn of Sorrow, Order of Titties...er...Ecclesia (sp?)...Portrait of Ruin...and of course the classic titles of old, Castlevania I-IV. Rondo of Blood...hrm...

MoldyClay87
01-13-2013, 06:32 PM
I think it's more likely that Mirror of Fate (3DS) would get ported sooner than the GBA/DS games or anything. The trend has been "Console-esque Games Coming to Consoles", but no sprite-based games aside from Half-Minute Hero, but that was inferior to the original.

ronnie42
01-13-2013, 11:38 PM
EHH, from what I have played (up to Chapter 5), it's closer to RE4. Don't lump RE6 with them, because RE6 plays very different. Revelations is NOTHING like RE6.

It just sounds like it's too much like re4/5 which I thought was nearly as bad as re6 which worries me. :eek:

Bandage131
01-14-2013, 12:40 AM
So, I've seen from YouTube that the game has a first-person perspective while shooting, but I've also heard that there's an option for the over-the-shoulder perspective from RE4/RE5... is this true?

MoldyClay87
01-14-2013, 03:31 AM
It just sounds like it's too much like re4/5 which I thought was nearly as bad as re6 which worries me. :eek:

So wait, what did you NOT like about RE4/5, because I really don't feel like it's anything like that. 90% of the enemies are slow. It's not fast paced at all.

Also, I like RE6, but it's also not a Resident Evil.

So, I've seen from YouTube that the game has a first-person perspective while shooting, but I've also heard that there's an option for the over-the-shoulder perspective from RE4/RE5... is this true?

I didn't even know there was a first person perspective, so I'm gonna say yes.

Teh Paralyzer
01-14-2013, 05:58 AM
I didn't even know there was a first person perspective, so I'm gonna say yes.

Did you play Mercs 3D on 3DS? The default was 1st person (at least it was for me) and I had to switch it to over shoulder.

and Revelations does offer the 1st person camera angle but default the game is over shoulder. It stupid but yeah it does offer it.

ronnie42
01-14-2013, 10:50 AM
So wait, what did you NOT like about RE4/5, because I really don't feel like it's anything like that. 90% of the enemies are slow. It's not fast paced at all.

Firstly don't mistake me, I thought they were ok games but terrible resident evil games. The reason I disliked them so much is due many things like the lack of zombies, the fact it took away most of the tension away for a few gimick moments but after a while it just ended up with quick action sequences which I'm getting sick of seeing.

Even when re6 came out they tried to pretend re6 was like the originals which was a lie since I played the tyrant bass with that stupid name that I will always forget because not worth googling since it seem's to randomly stop attacking all the time, the fact is I'm forced to constantly load levels that are extremely long instead of letting me choose when to save in the game with the classic save rooms instead of seeing nothing but loading screens or quick action seens like that completly out of nowhere with that stupid Jaws moment or how every enemy you face was a matter of being forced in area that you have to defeat without being allowed to escape to find herbs but instead weapons, health seem to be stockpiled with little reason to explore unless your after those medals.

Trust me I could rant all day why I disliked 4/5/6 as resident evil games, might not have minded as much if they had called it something else. Need I mention Ashley being completly annoying? She was constantly useless to the point where I felt like I was playing resident evil the babysitting edition, I might have understand if she was 12 but she was so useless she would hold anything or defend herself remotely, not even run away from them. :uzi:

Plus the reason why I loved the original camera angle was because of the tension but now in the new games there's no real whatsoever to be on edge, not even on a boss fight where it's now about running in circles, randomly collecting so much ammo that I could probably break into fort knox even on insane or nightmare or w/e people call it these days.

BUZZARDIO 1080
01-15-2013, 02:26 PM
@ronnie , sounds to me like you should invest in some zombi u , without a shadow of doubt , the closest any one has come to survival horror,in the last decade.Propper scary , when the zombies come ,you will turn a bumbling wreck , trying to fight them of, and you will fail.
Resi 1 is my all time fav game (play it every year on the awsome ds version).
But as far as survival horror goes zombi u is king .

Bandage131
01-16-2013, 01:50 AM
@ronnie , sounds to me like you should invest in some zombi u , without a shadow of doubt , the closest any one has come to survival horror,in the last decade.Propper scary , when the zombies come ,you will turn a bumbling wreck , trying to fight them of, and you will fail.

Really? Because I've heard absolutely horrible things about Zombi U.

BUZZARDIO 1080
01-16-2013, 10:33 AM
Really? Because I've heard absolutely horrible things about Zombi U.

Yeah i heard it wasnt all that , but the reviews had it at around 7/10 , i hence went in to it with quite low expectations , but i was very pleasantly surprised(as pleasantly as being scared sh#!less can (sh#@less can) be anyway).
if you like survival horror and give the game a few hours, you will love zombi u, its really scary.

for a game to drag me away from my xbox and cheevos ,it must be good , :)

ronnie42
01-16-2013, 03:58 PM

I would look at Zombie U if it was ported but not sure since haven't seen gameplay. Personally I thought l4d was scary for a little while due to the zombies running after me but that didn't last long. Problem today is developers don't really try to scare, there's way too many quick time events or pointless boss battles that are annoying, not scary like re6 with the helicopter while being stuck in a some dinner place while attacking w/e those creatures are on professional. They seem to think harder difficulty = scary which is not remotely true.

BUZZARDIO 1080
01-16-2013, 04:47 PM
I would look at Zombie U if it was ported but not sure since haven't seen gameplay. Personally I thought l4d was scary for a little while due to the zombies running after me but that didn't last long. Problem today is developers don't really try to scare, there's way too many quick time events or pointless boss battles that are annoying, not scary like re6 with the helicopter while being stuck in a some dinner place while attacking w/e those creatures are on professional. They seem to think harder difficulty = scary which is not remotely true.

i totally agree, harder doesnt mean scarier,i think scares are all about tension/atmosphere, and for me zombi u had them in spades.
Although lack of experience with the wii u pad may have helped raise the terror factor somewhat.(trying to select shotty and ending up with a cricket bat).
The touch screen works fine , im just not used to it and in the heat of a zombie attack , im a pro at hitting the wrong button.
Having to look away from the screen to look at inventory/map is also a good way to increase tension,so i dont kno whow well a port wopuld work, but im sure there will be one.
Anyway , you'll love resi revelations im sure of it.

MoldyClay87
01-17-2013, 10:28 AM
Did you play Mercs 3D on 3DS? The default was 1st person (at least it was for me) and I had to switch it to over shoulder.

and Revelations does offer the 1st person camera angle but default the game is over shoulder. It stupid but yeah it does offer it.

No, I did not. That's really bizarre.

Stuff

Well, RE4 had typewriters to save at. RE6 has zombies. Fast zombies holding items, but still zombies. Not sure what some of the rest of that means.

The trapped-in-areas and fighting enemies thing is few and far between. There are a lot of areas you can just run right through without doing anything. In fact, I did it a lot as Chris.

As for Ashley:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6gLxdwoEGc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

But anyway, Revelations has:
- No crazy action scenes. At all from what I've played (almost half the game).
- I run out of ammo a lot.
- There are areas to explore, lots of backtracking and so on.
- No "stuck in one area and fighting enemies". You can choose to avoid most things if you want.
- No zombies, but the Ooze enemies may as well be zombies dressed like SH monsters. They're slow, pop up out of nowhere sometimes and whatever.
- One chapter has Hunters. Potentially more.
- The two mini-boss enemies I've fought were both pretty creepy and caused tension when they were after me.
- No save rooms, BUT the game saves automatically pretty consistently and chapters/sections are not that long.
- You can only carry 3 weapons at the start, and a few herbs.

Trust me. It's a lot closer to old RE than new RE. It just looks like new RE and has a few of the advancements.

like re6 with the helicopter while being stuck in a some dinner place while attacking w/e those creatures are on professional. They seem to think harder difficulty = scary which is not remotely true.

That's a terrible example. It's Professional Mode. That has nothing to do with "WE THINK HARDER = SCARY". It's just a harder difficulty. Nobody ever said it got scarier if you played it on harder modes, just that it would be harder.

The idea behind professional is just that you're overwhelmed. It's not meant to be scary like BOO, LICKER THROUGH THE WINDOW, but more of a panic because "I DON'T HAVE AMMO AND EVERY MOVE KILLS ME".

But there was never a claim it was meant to be scarier. So I don't know why you brought that up.

Pakhair
01-17-2013, 01:20 PM
Eagerly waiting for the announcement.

Although I'm a RE 4 and 6 Lover, so hopefully I'm gonna love it. And this doesn't meant I didn't liked previous RE's I'm in the wagon since first one and have gladly adopted to the changes and love the new direction although I hate RE 5 with a lot of passion, not because it was a bad game but because it didn't felt like RE 4 to me.

And as far as the 6th one is considered it's the best one in the series :D, That's my opinion though and The game doesn't has that much QTE's except for Leon's Campaign and one can turn them off too but I'm too fond of QTE's so I won't. Never had any proplem with the game either with camers or pacing or AI or ammunition, may be because I'm playing after the patch, who knows.

Played the Demo, hated it, picked it now, loving it. Only ended Chris and Leon thus far. But it's definitely my most fav RE to date, the last one was 4, so I'm on the other side of the spectrum guys but still waiting for this classic game. And sad that we didn't got the The Chronicles HD Collection as opposed to PS3.

Teh Paralyzer
01-18-2013, 08:26 PM
And as far as the 6th one is considered it's the best one in the series :D, PS3.

All RE's are good RE's. Never played a bad one. Yep Gaiden and Dead Aim are also good ones.

I loves me some Resident Evil. Top down or over shoulder, if it takes place in the RE Universe I love it.

If it's made up side story like Operation Raccoon City sign me up for that too!

I fucking Love RE<3

Bandage131
01-21-2013, 11:30 PM
All RE's are good RE's. Never played a bad one. Yep Gaiden and Dead Aim are also good ones.

Blasphemer. Gaiden should never be mentioned. The original GBC RE1 (which was never released officially, but you can find the rom online for emulators) was better than Gaiden.

I loves me some Resident Evil. Top down or over shoulder, if it takes place in the RE Universe I love it.

If it's made up side story like Operation Raccoon City sign me up for that too!

I fucking Love RE<3

Nice to know that Resident Evil is such a big part of your life.

yamayamayaamaa
01-22-2013, 04:07 PM
"May (21 US, 24 EU)"

http://www.capcom-unity.com/brelston/blog/2013/01/22/resident-evil-revelations-coming-coming-to-360-ps3-wii-u-and-pc

Ada Wong
01-29-2013, 02:36 AM
I will be the first one to say that Resident Evil Revelations will not dissapoint old school fans like RE5 did. Resident Evil Revelations is dark, emersive, and down right dark and creepy. if anything this how old school and the new school games shouldve met.

Bandage131
01-31-2013, 01:23 AM
Who else will be a day one purchase besides me?

BUZZARDIO 1080
01-31-2013, 01:02 PM
me ,resident evil is always day 1.

Dead Giveaway
02-01-2013, 07:57 AM
I'm an 'old school' RE gamer & enjoyed every main RE title, RE5 & RE6 getting the most play time.

I will have this game on Day 1, no doubt about it. And I expect to put a lot of time into it, either by 100% completion or constant Online Raid Mode.

A Real Psycho
02-02-2013, 01:00 AM
thats kinda strange. we will see soon

ronnie42
02-06-2013, 10:59 PM
That's a terrible example. It's Professional Mode. That has nothing to do with "WE THINK HARDER = SCARY". It's just a harder difficulty. Nobody ever said it got scarier if you played it on harder modes, just that it would be harder.

The idea behind professional is just that you're overwhelmed. It's not meant to be scary like BOO, LICKER THROUGH THE WINDOW, but more of a panic because "I DON'T HAVE AMMO AND EVERY MOVE KILLS ME".

But there was never a claim it was meant to be scarier. So I don't know why you brought that up.

Because I assumed Professional might try to shock me, make me worry due to lack of ammo or something and panic more often but instead it wasn't remotely intimidating even in Leon's campaign which was terrible.

Here's an example in resident evil 2 the first licker made me not want to face the licker due to the fear factor but if I see a room full of them in re4/5 then I wouldn't be remotely intimidated by them.

Problem with capcom there trying too much for generic action, 'Operation Raccoon City' was proof of that when they turned 'Nemesis' into some pathetic drone with little reason to be intimidated. ;)

It's reasons like these are why I'm concerned about this port since it sounds too, looks too much like 4/5/6.

http://www.fmvmagazine.com/?p=9673

Even the creator of the franchise isn't impressed with the changes. :p

MikeItOrNot691
03-13-2013, 07:29 PM
They better make this one good then

FrozenRaptorz
03-22-2013, 12:54 PM
i totally agree, harder doesnt mean scarier,i think scares are all about tension/atmosphere, and for me zombi u had them in spades.
Although lack of experience with the wii u pad may have helped raise the terror factor somewhat.(trying to select shotty and ending up with a cricket bat).
The touch screen works fine , im just not used to it and in the heat of a zombie attack , im a pro at hitting the wrong button.
Having to look away from the screen to look at inventory/map is also a good way to increase tension,so i dont kno whow well a port wopuld work, but im sure there will be one.
Anyway , you'll love resi revelations im sure of it.

Tension was a good verb to describe the genre and its evolution from early RE to dead space 3.