PDA

View Full Version : Demo on OXM

Ghost x360a
10-13-2007, 05:51 PM
There is a Guitar Hero 3 demo on the new disc of OXM (disc 77 I think). I have been playing it about an hour and it is awesome! Anyone else played it yet?

xJoex
10-13-2007, 06:28 PM
Getting OXM tommorow after I saw the demo info on scorehero. Hope it's avaliable in the UK and not another US exclusive thing...

KRIS DETH
10-13-2007, 07:13 PM
:O Sikkk :)

I'll Be Picking That Up

jacob456
10-13-2007, 07:33 PM
Getting OXM tommorow after I saw the demo info on scorehero. Hope it's avaliable in the UK and not another US exclusive thing...

Me too. If it's a US exclusive I'm going to be so pissed off.:mad:

oneandonlytommo
10-13-2007, 07:37 PM
i thought the new oxm mag wasnt out untill like the 23rd :confused:

Ghost x360a
10-13-2007, 08:03 PM
i thought the new oxm mag wasnt out untill like the 23rd :confused:

Probably different shipping dates in UK and US.

Hulking Bubba65
10-13-2007, 08:11 PM
I have actually been playing the last 2 weeks-ish.Because my step-dad works at a printing companie and we get all types of magazines really early.It's great:woop:.ON topic now.It was very fun, even though i was playing with a controller though.(never got around to buy GH2, but already bought GH3 at EB games:woop:.)

Crimsonthrone
10-13-2007, 11:35 PM
ill so pissed off its a USA exclusive

and also what songs are on the demo http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/images/icons/icon10.gif

Ghost x360a
10-14-2007, 12:24 AM
ill so pissed off its a USA exclusive

and also what songs are on the demo http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/images/icons/icon10.gif

It has:

Hit Me With Your Best Shot
The Metal
Rock You Like a Hurricane
Even Flow
Lay Down

xJoex
10-14-2007, 08:25 AM
^^^^ And ''Lay Down'' acording to ScoreHero.

Crimsonthrone
10-14-2007, 10:43 AM
Awsome lay down looks well fun

is the october oxm magazine out in the UK yet

jacob456
10-14-2007, 11:50 AM
Awsome lay down looks well fun

is the october oxm magazine out in the UK yet

I think the GH3 demo is in the December issue.

killlah631
10-14-2007, 04:25 PM
Can you use the guitar hero 2 controller to play GH3?

Crimsonthrone
10-14-2007, 05:26 PM
I think the GH3 demo is in the December issue.

ok i bought november issue today and hoped but i got some gamer pics http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/images/icons/icon10.gif

this may sound stupid whens the december issue out then ( I assume it next month before guitar hero 3 )

in the UK

nightmare975
10-14-2007, 05:41 PM
I just got the november issue (#76) WTF!? Where are you guys getting it?

DFILL450
10-14-2007, 10:36 PM
Can you use the guitar hero 2 controller to play GH3?
Yeah obviously. I was going to wait to play the demo on tony hawk but i might have to pick up the oxm magazine so i can play it earlier.

Spot2009
10-15-2007, 01:32 AM
The December issue is out. It's only to subscribers, and it varies when you'll get it. You'll probably end up having it by the week's end.

Anyway, I think the cover of Rock You Like A Hurricane isn't that good. And if anyone's wondering how they're handling the swearing in the songs: they don't sing at that part, so it feels really empty.

nightmare975
10-15-2007, 03:58 AM
The December issue is out. It's only to subscribers, and it varies when you'll get it. You'll probably end up having it by the week's end.

I am a subscriber, that's the odd part. It's kind of annoying. OXM rips you off.

medo145
10-15-2007, 05:47 AM
i picked up the magazine at blockbuster

is it just me or does it seem easier than gh2

Dr Buttcrack
10-15-2007, 04:31 PM
So you don't have to be a subscriber to get it? I was thinking that the demo discs only came in the mail...

And yea, people have already achieved 100% on 4/5 songs (Rock you like a Hurricane), and there are 100% videos for Lay Down, Even Flow, and The Metal. Just check Scorehero.

patches4711
10-15-2007, 05:40 PM
I will check at blockbuster to see if I can pick it up. There is a demo with Tony Hawk Proving grounds that comes out tommorrow. Not sure if it will have the same songs.

DFILL450
10-15-2007, 08:03 PM
I will check at blockbuster to see if I can pick it up. There is a demo with Tony Hawk Proving grounds that comes out tommorrow. Not sure if it will have the same songs.
Yeah it will include the same songs. Im just waiting to play the demo on tony. I just got the new call of duty xbox mag but i dont get the demo discs =[.

Spot2009
10-15-2007, 11:57 PM
The demo discs are included at newstands when you buy the magazine. You can also rent the new Tony Hawk and you'll be able to play the game.

Apparently, the OXM magazines will become 'available' tomorrow. That's what a shop told me when I called asking for it.

Glyndinn
10-16-2007, 01:30 PM
Man, I just got my issue 76 in the mail last week. That was my last issue before renewal, so it probably screwed up my delivery times. What fantastic timing. :(

Bolt
10-16-2007, 11:02 PM
does it let me go to options and switch to lefty? GH2 demo didnt :(

ASTROBL4ACK
10-16-2007, 11:03 PM
I just bought Tony Hawk, and popped this demo in, I have 5 starred all of them on a sight read, execpt The Metal, which took me about 3 playthroughs until I got the basic structure down.

These were on expert.

Th3 Apache Dog
10-16-2007, 11:05 PM
I just bought Tony Hawk, and popped this demo in, I have 5 starred all of them on a sight read, execpt The Metal, which took me about 3 playthroughs until I got the basic structure down.

These were on expert. The metal took me about 3 tries to 5 star too. The sightread was a fail though:p(This was at that digital life expo)

Dr Buttcrack
10-16-2007, 11:18 PM
Really? The Metal wasn't bad at all, could be because I know the song well and have already watched videos.

Anyway, does anybody know if theres a time limit before it kicks you off, or after 3 songs every time.

And it's so fucking hard playing without Hyperspeed, I just about gave up during the solo of the Metal...

Th3 Apache Dog
10-16-2007, 11:26 PM
Really? The Metal wasn't bad at all, could be because I know the song well and have already watched videos.

Anyway, does anybody know if theres a time limit before it kicks you off, or after 3 songs every time.

And it's so fucking hard playing without Hyperspeed, I just about gave up during the solo of the Metal... At the expo I had no hyperspeed on, and it came natural...thank goodness:p

Krueger
10-16-2007, 11:31 PM
mine broke the disc was not readable the one oxm disc i wanted broke i am so pissed

ASTROBL4ACK
10-16-2007, 11:58 PM
Yeah, that bridge is so insane, I can just about FC it though, I just put up 230k.

Anyways, the reason I'm not online is because i'm on an alternate acount (I don't really want Proving Ground on my gamercard)

Dr Buttcrack
10-17-2007, 12:03 AM
What are you, like, an achievement whore or something Mike?

;)

Okay, I've played all 5 songs atleast once now, and here's what I've got to say:

-It's easier to hit notes, hammer-ons and pull-offs
-But I don't like the overall feel of the game, it's just too different, and I don't like the way the flames jump up after playing notes
-Whammying looks ghey
-The Metal isn't as repetitive as people are saying, I like it :)
-Singing looks great, and it's hilarious to watch that dude mouth Rock You Like a Hurricane
-Some placement of HOs and POs are different than in GH2, but I remember them saying that it's easy to get used to, and becomes more natural

That's about it for now, I haven't had a chance to play multiplayer yet

Birky
10-17-2007, 12:08 AM
What are you, like, an achievement whore or something Mike?

;)

Okay, I've played all 5 songs atleast once now, and here's what I've got to say:

-It's easier to hit notes, hammer-ons and pull-offs
-But I don't like the overall feel of the game, it's just too different, and I don't like the way the flames jump up after playing notes
-Whammying looks ghey
-The Metal isn't as repetitive as people are saying, I like it :)
-Singing looks great, and it's hilarious to watch that dude mouth Rock You Like a Hurricane
-Some placement of HOs and POs are different than in GH2, but I remember them saying that it's easy to get used to, and becomes more natural

That's about it for now, I haven't had a chance to play multiplayer yet

grrr I was watching you play for like 10 minutes hoping if I stared long enough I'd get to play as well, but to no avail. But I get to go to my friends house tomorrow and he has THPG!! Yay I'll get to play the demo soon...

ASTROBL4ACK
10-17-2007, 02:48 AM
Yeah, it's a lot easier to hit the notes, TTFAF might actually prove possible to some of us better players because of this adjustment.

Also, the way the flames light up I somewhat like it, it makes it look like your doing more than you actually are :).

It does definatly feel different though.

Fire Mage
10-18-2007, 02:21 AM
I've realized I need a lot of practice.

I'm totally awesome at GH2, racking up points etc.

But I just tried this, and I did pretty bad. I failed Rock You Like a Hurricane on Expert, the first song I tried! Haha.

I moved down to Hit Me With Your Best Shot and did pretty good. Then I went up to Even Flow, did so-so. Then I moved to The Metal and failed at 10%.

Haha I'll need to get used to this one.

DeeKay69
10-19-2007, 09:23 AM
On Hard after the first try

Hit me with your best shot - 126.451 - 5*
Lay down - 132.059 - 4*
Even Flow - 167.212 - 5*
Rock you like a Hurrican - 182.302 - 5*
The Metal - 138.844 - 5*

EXPERT

Hit me with your best shot - 137.526 - 4*
Lay down - 191.346 - 5*
Even Flow - 183.456 - 4*
Rock you like a Hurrican - 159.592 - 4*
The Metal - 43% ;)

Birky
10-20-2007, 01:40 AM
Finally got THPG and of course played the GH3 demo before even thinking about playing Tony Hawks. At first it seemed really hard, but I think it was just getting used to the little things. But the most important thing is... BATTLE MODE ROCKS!!! Me and my buddy played it for about 3 hours, just on those five songs. Most of Battle mode is skill but also you still can win if your not the better player. The power ups are random so if your lucky you can screw your opponent over the hardest.

Just a couple opinions about the songs...

Hit Me With Your Best Shot
Boring, way to easy... Like surrender but less notes. you will five star it your first time playing and probably never play it again.

Lay Down
My personal favorite song in the demo. It is pretty easy and repetitive but still challenging at parts and very fun. The song itself is good to listen to as well. I think this is a great song for battle mode.

Even Flow
Second favorite song in the demo. It has some quirky HOPOS that really make the song. I really enjoy this song a lot and also think it is better then the Pearl Jam song in GHII.

Rock You Like A Hurricane
Good song. I am already a little sick of it though. It is just kind of boring. The solo is really fun I must say though. Not that hard of a song though.

The Metal
The most challenging song of the demo! I consider myself pretty good, but boy this song rides my ass. I was really close to failing the first time I played it. I only 3 stared it. But after some work I four stared it and feel like I'm close to a five star. Very challenging on Expert. I tried it on hard and felt like medium from GHII. Good song to kick your newb friends ass on in battle mode.

Overall the game is looking great! I can't wait for it to come out. I recommend this to pros of GHII, rock lovers, music lovers, and anyone else. This will be a great game. Rock on!

lickidy split
10-20-2007, 03:48 AM
the demo is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

wstussyb
10-21-2007, 03:10 AM
Funny, I went to buy the mag today and none of them had the OXM Demo disc..I wonder if some store employees took'em.
Any one know when it comes to Xbox live?

Fire Mage
10-21-2007, 03:42 AM
Funny, I went to buy the mag today and none of them had the OXM Demo disc..I wonder if some store employees took'em.
Any one know when it comes to Xbox live?
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42154

Use this. It's very easy and the vast majority has done this I assume.

nightmare975
10-22-2007, 11:17 PM
Just got OXM today, but since I don't have the guitar from II, do they tell you the buttons to press for the controller? Or could someone tell me?

Thanks

HIGHLANDER7
10-23-2007, 09:31 PM
I came home from football today and the magazine was in the mail and my excitement was beyond anything I've ever ever experienced. I ran down the stairs into my basement like it was christmas morning and put the disc in and got this message, "to play this disc, put it in an xbox 360 console" :confused:. So then i restarted my xbox 999999999999 times and it still wouldn't work. I was crushed :(. But then I realised that the demo was on the marketplace and that made things better :).

Birky
10-23-2007, 09:34 PM
Just got OXM today, but since I don't have the guitar from II, do they tell you the buttons to press for the controller? Or could someone tell me?

Thanks

LT = Green
LB = Red
RB = Yellow
RT = Blue
'A' button = Orange

Use the 'select' button to active star power.
Either the left or right joy stick whammy's. Don't remember witch.