PDA

View Full Version : 2 Ideas

Brighton X
10-14-2007, 04:15 AM
OK, I have 2 Ideas for the site, I don't know if they have ever been said or not so if they have I am sorry.

1) Site Historian
This person could have a forum where they record all the things that have happened to our great site. Many members here want to know about the site back in the early days & it's not really that easy to find places to learn what happened.

2)The Vault
This would be a place where old threads go when they are finished with. Preventing people bumping them up 8 months later, while having a place that threads go so their posters don't lose post count (not that this happens really).

Edit: OK, make that 3 Ideas.

3)Maximum club at game screen.

I think it would be good to have the Maximum Club for a game on the bar above the screen. where it sats Achievements, Guide, Cheats, Forum and all that.

Frantic Killer4
10-14-2007, 04:44 AM
I think these are good ideas. Don't really get #1, but 2 is a good idea and 3 is especially a good idea. But hey i don't run this site so i can't do anything to change it, but hopefully these ideas will be considered in the future.;)

Clipse 2
10-14-2007, 07:11 AM
1. I don't think its needed. Who the hell would want the job? This is why we have search features so that members can do their own historical findings.

2. People should know better than bumping old ass threads and if they dont I'm sure the mods/ admins will school them quickly. If it hasn't been touched in a month then you shouldn't either unless you're bringing ground breaking information.

3. Are you talking about a link to the 1000 clubs? I'm not sure what you're getting at.

Jdm
10-14-2007, 09:36 AM
Your 3 ideas aren't bad, Brighton.

But you do have to consider all the Work/Man Power to keep the Historian and Vault ideas intact. Some members will rely on older threads to answer their questions or to help them out. If it's in the Vault, can it be searched or is the old thread being Locked up away from the general public?

If anything, there should be a Date under the Thread Title to show when it was created. This would truly prevent members from posting if they saw it was a year old. But I'm sure there will still be a few that'll post anyways.:rolleyes:

As for the Maximum Link, that could work out, but I'm not sure if it's necessary.

xJoex
10-14-2007, 10:18 AM
Instead of having a 'Vault' how about a Famous Thread forum where legendary threads are kept...?

And as for the link to the Maximum Clubs, can't you just click on the Leaderboard tab to see who has 100% ;)

Zef
10-14-2007, 12:36 PM
I think archives have come up before. There is one (probably for staff only) at the bottom on the forum index, but if a thread is old but it usually stays at the end of the thread list anyway. If someone bumps pointlessly then it will be locked and then it will stay at the back forever more. I don't think that old threads should be instantly banished, sometimes people can add to them or ask something unasked previously that is still relevant. It's tidier than making more threads.

I agree that a 'Historian' isn't really vital. If you want to learn the history of the site then feel free to trawl through some of the older threads or ask one of the older site members. If they are nice enough or you give them a comfy chair and a glass of port you could find out that way =)

As for the maximum club tab, I sort of like the idea but maybe have it under the Leaderboards as a second option where you can flip between maximum club and leaderboard. Plus that would mean copying out all of the names again or linking to the forums (which, as history has shown, leads to duff links).