PDA

View Full Version : possible solution for getting kobe to show up

Capocci 007
10-14-2007, 05:37 AM
well i just got the achievement and this is how he kept showing up.
use lebron james , vince carter , tracy mcgrady , and jason richardson. now i started the dunk contest and he didnt show up the first time. i clicked rematch and he showed up the 2nd time. i lost so i clicked rematch again and he didnt show up the 3rd time. i clicked rematch and he showed up the 4th. lost again and he didnt show up the 5th. clicked rematch and he showed up the 6th.
i relized he shows up every other time because i lost to him about 5 times and he kept showing up every other time i lost.

also when your doing it make sure you dont fool around and on the last round try to get a high score.

Conker Rules All
10-14-2007, 06:23 AM
thank you lol because im gonna be renting this game and i wasn't going to if i couldn't get this achievement because i see people at 965/1000 missing the kobe achievement and i really want 1000 in this game because me and my friend are each going to play this game for 72 hours and i think i can get 1000/1000 first before him:p

killlah631
10-14-2007, 03:53 PM
C'mon man that's like word for word exact what my guide says...

Capocci 007
10-14-2007, 08:05 PM
i never seen your guide saying that he will show up every other time but oh wow im just trying to help people.

killlah631
10-15-2007, 01:25 AM
It's not 100% he will show up every other time...it just eliminates 4 of the 6 possibilities. The only possibilities while using the 4 players mentioned leave Kobe to show or no-one.

Molneze3
10-15-2007, 03:14 AM
I don't know what you guys are talking about. I've played this stupid dunk contest over 12 times and i've only seen the Hummer ONCE!! It never freaking comes for me. I've tried rematch a bunch of times and i've tried quiting and starting over a bunch. I win every time. Won with all 4 of them at least once. I use all 4 of them every time. The f**King limo driver gets lost on the way to my event every time!!!! This is Bulls**t!

Late, late, last night, in a galaxy far, far away.... i did finally get a chance to play Kobe, and by the luck of a freakin leprechaun himself, i beat him my first try.
What i think may have worked, was what a friend suggested to me. I was trying to get high scores every time. I was getting between 70-85 points a dunk, every time with every player. A friend suggested that maybe i was scoring to high for him to show up, so i did exactly what he did... the same dunk, with every player, every single time. Up, Up, dunk!!! i was scoring as low as 40 points a dunk by the time the competion was over. And there he was. Kobe steped out of the Hummer ready to challenge a player that wasn't scoring good on his dunks!

Capocci 007
10-15-2007, 11:02 PM
well thats kobe for ya in real life. aha jk

Bobtroid
10-17-2007, 05:13 AM
Wow I think Molneze's way works I did nothing the whole round then Kobe showed up he missed his very first attempt but then made a 79. I made a 82, then he comes back with a 89 and I only make a 83 and barely lose.

And i'm terrible at dunk contests.

Also- I'm now gonna try making Kobe's dunk and speed attributes 50. (That didnt do much he still scored 90 and 93)

DFILL450
10-18-2007, 09:03 PM
The two dunks that helped me to win were the "special delievery" (through the legs) over a chair and down/up over the car. Try to do those two dunks bobtroid and you should be good. Just practice them in dunk school.

AzraelPC
11-01-2007, 05:27 PM
The two dunks that helped me to win were the "special delievery" (through the legs) over a chair and down/up over the car. Try to do those two dunks bobtroid and you should be good. Just practice them in dunk school.

Or you can just pray that he misses twice on one of his attempts. I would have the achievement now if I could have just pulled one up-up dunk off. Nevertheless, I'm stuck still trying to get his sorry arse to show up.

I think he's just chicken. :-)