PDA

View Full Version : Thread titles

Clipse 2
10-14-2007, 07:35 AM
I'll be honest and say that this is more of a rant than actual feedback. I've noticed there have been more and more thread titles not exactly describing what the thread is about. By no means am I criticizing anyone but threads titles such as:

How come?
This stinks
What to do?
What you do...

Among others don't really give an example as to what they'll find within the thread. In all honesty its kind of annoying. Is it so hard to get specific?

I'm sorry to the mods and admins to be bitching about this, but its been bothering me for a while now. Has anyone else noticed this?

Jdm
10-14-2007, 09:21 AM
I'll be honest and say that this is more of a rant than actual feedback. I've noticed there have been more and more thread titles not exactly describing what the thread is about. By no means am I criticizing anyone but threads titles such as:

How come?
This stinks
What to do?
What you do...

Among others don't really give an example as to what they'll find within the thread. In all honesty its kind of annoying. Is it so hard to get specific?

I'm sorry to the mods and admins to be bitching about this, but its been bothering me for a while now. Has anyone else noticed this?

Yes, I've noticed this for a longgg time too, Clipse.

When I first started posting in forums, I've always saw threads being created as...

How come?
This stinks
What to do?
What you do...

In all honesty, I've stopped posting in these kind of threads. In many ways, it's like the same routine over and over.

I find these certain threads to be even more annoying...

What game is better? This Vs. That
I have a Million Dollars! What game should I buy?

Just like Clipse, I'm not knocking on anyone, but come on! There are plenty of Reviews all over this site and on many other sites as well.

Zef
10-14-2007, 12:44 PM
If you think they are vague then hover over the thread and you should get a little preview bubble popping up showing the first bit of text. That usually gives you a clue what the thread is about, if not then have a look. It is a bit irritating but you need to understand some people are just dummies, they grow out of it eventually.

It would be interesting if there was a way to make title templates, like a drop down with options for all sorts of different threads. Head to head, question, rant etc. Or maybe the icons you can have could be required so you at least know what the thread should be about. So a question would show the question mark, a rant would show a little angry face and an idea would show the light bulb. But I don't think it is possible to make icons a requirement, it would be nice though =)