PDA

View Full Version : help with the spitters/sprayers on hard

F TANK
01-15-2013, 09:02 PM
I played through this game so many times and it seems harder than I remember on hard. I'm doing a dry run on hard to get a final ending I need, but I need help with the earlier enemies more than any other.
They don't follow any pattern, so I can't get myself in close enough without getting sprayed because they sometimes do it non-stop, and then the 2x4 sometimes takes 3-5 hits, so given how clunky the controls can be and how fast they recover, fighting them is also a HUGE waste of time, if your kick doesn't come out on time and then have to repeat the process.

Ceris
01-15-2013, 10:57 PM
The kick is buggy. My strategy to kill them without being touched is circling them while attacking non-stop.

Cappie
01-15-2013, 11:00 PM
Don't try to hit them with the 2x4. The only time you should EVER use the 2x4 is on the first Spitter, obviously.
Your best bet is to run straight to the apartments afterwards, get the torch, then backtrack to the handgun room.
After this, 3-4 bullets will take the Spitter down, while it's down, kick it. They usually don't get a chance to move if you are within 8ft of them.
This is the best and only way to really go through on Hard (Without taking damage and killing 75 enemies with melee).

F TANK
01-16-2013, 09:29 PM
shit...I'm a total idiot. I completely forgot that its that deathblow that counts and not how you down them. Thanks guys

Cappie
01-17-2013, 01:21 AM
shit...I'm a total idiot. I completely forgot that its that deathblow that counts and not how you down them. Thanks guys

You're welcome.
That technique is the simplest and safest way.