PDA

View Full Version : A suggestion that may help.

Seb The Sheep
10-14-2007, 06:22 PM
Heya guys!
I was just thinking of something the other day and it made me want to suggest it to you, but if it's a bad idea, then obviously just delete the thread since I have no real experience of a big community like this.

Doesn't it annoy you when you really like a game when hardly anyone else does?
Just an example: Dead or Alive 4, I love that game so much and I play it all the time, but whenever I come on here that forum is dead... All that's on there is the set stuff (i.e. achievement guide, FAQ) and questions about survival mode.

It's quite disheartening because I know that I could help so many people actually play the game, yet I don't feel I'm in the position to do so, so what my suggestion was is:

People should be able to nominate others to be an organiser for a board.
So for example, Seb The Sheep - organiser of Dead or Alive 4 board.
To stop spamming etc, you can only be an organiser of 1 board at a time and only game forums can be organised.

Whether the organiser get's mod rights of that board or not I don't know, but like I said, I have no experience with big communities.
Also, you should only be able to be an organiser of an extremely inactive board (i.e. Dead or Alive 4, Star Trek: Legacy, etc) and NOT active boards (i.e. Halo 3, Gears of War, etc.)

I think this way the organiser of each board would be able to help those actually wanting to play the game and such.

Anyway, was just a suggestion, opinions appreciated!

Thanks,
Seb.

Birky
10-14-2007, 06:27 PM
It is a great idea, but... I think that the mods/admins already do a damn fine job with spam control and locking. You can still help people with DOA but just not lock the threads. Also what do you consider active and non-active? The skate forum is not very active but is somewhat active. I answer a question or 2 a week there but they are usually all the same. Most people are learning that achievement trading threads/guides are very helpful. It is a good idea, just don't quite think it is going to happen.

Brighton X
10-14-2007, 06:30 PM
Yeah, if everyone had a job like that the Mods wouldn't have anything to do. :p

Seb The Sheep
10-14-2007, 06:51 PM
Sure I see where you guys are coming from but, it's just impossible to provide support and/or chat about games that, personally, you don't like, and I'm 100% positive the admins/mods will not like even half the games on this forum.

Birky
10-15-2007, 02:07 AM
Sure I see where you guys are coming from but, it's just impossible to provide support and/or chat about games that, personally, you don't like, and I'm 100% positive the admins/mods will not like even half the games on this forum.

What does chatting about a game have to do with being a mod? You can start new threads in any sub forum you want. Also (I assume) the mods click the 'new posts' button. This way they can see all the recent posts, including spam/bad posts about games, even if they don't like the game. Also if about 100 random people became, well 'sub-mods' I guess, there would be some people who just could not handle all the power and go crazy!

Kaens
10-15-2007, 02:25 PM
Feel free to help as many people as you want in there. The reason that forum is dead is because no one plays that game dude. And once VF 5 comes out, the 200 people that still play DOA will be gone.