http://img.game.co.uk/images/content/DeadIslandRiptideZombieBaitLarge.jpg

USA version -

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61tjTzu2L0L.jpg

DOOKH8R
01-21-2013, 04:52 AM
Got to love that UK warning label.

AmbaLaBamba
01-21-2013, 11:52 AM
I hate the UK one and surprisingly most of the people I know/game with hate it too, I'd prefer the US version in all honesty.

aspeedomodel
01-21-2013, 01:08 PM
Both are pretty stupid. Standard edition it is, I suppose.

Skorpion XBA
01-21-2013, 01:15 PM
I said that I wouldn't but I probably will get this. The steel book looks pretty awesome.

waxc3
01-25-2013, 01:30 AM
Ordered the USA rigor mortis edition when I first saw it. Now that I've seen the euro zombie bait one I would LOVE to own that. That is if it's ever released.

Dz06lt
01-25-2013, 01:41 AM
im pretty sure the UK version will not see the light of day due to outrage

http://www.gamespot.com/features/dead-island-riptide-and-the-problem-with-video-game-marketing-6402693/?tag=Topslot%3bDeadIslandRiptide%3bDeadIslandRipti deAndT

Shiftie
01-25-2013, 11:57 PM

http://www.gamespot.com/features/dead-island-riptide-and-the-problem-with-video-game-marketing-6402693/?tag=Topslot%3bDeadIslandRiptide%3bDeadIslandRipti deAndT
Yep.
http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/01/15/news-dead-island-riptide-controversy

They make a violent game about zombies, and an overly erotic collector's edition for it, but immediately hide with their tail between their legs when people complain about the latter. Basically, they should follow through on something they clearly didn't have a problem with creating in the first place. People can buy pointless statues like this separately, so what difference does it make in the end?

You know if a company like Rockstar made this they'd probably be having a party in their offices after news like this started popping up.

Dz06lt
01-26-2013, 02:52 AM
Yep.
http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/01/15/news-dead-island-riptide-controversy

They make a violent game about zombies, and an overly erotic collector's edition for it, but immediately hide with their tail between their legs when people complain about the latter. Basically, they should follow through on something they clearly didn't have a problem with creating in the first place. People can buy pointless statues like this separately, so what difference does it make in the end?

You know if a company like Rockstar made this they'd probably be having a party in their offices after news like this started popping up.

Thats becaue R* has balls!

Emfulz
02-03-2013, 04:31 AM
Both are pretty stupid. Standard edition it is, I suppose.

Special Edition is where it's at! :D

Sidanto
02-03-2013, 08:59 AM

I don't see nothing wrong with that special edition to be honest... In my opinion though I feel people are too overly sensitive, especially here in the UK. Sure it looks cheap and tacky but if that is what a person wants to display as their center piece in fandom for a game then let them...

Personally I'm undecided if I want to buy the game based on how much I disliked the first...

xhunterrrr
02-04-2013, 03:55 AM
I find the UK one to be ugly. Not sure why, but I just don't see it being displayed with my other collectibles. I really liked the US one when it was first announced and that is what I pre-ordered.

gravelandx88
02-05-2013, 08:50 PM
I hate to ask but does the top come off that zombie bikini torso? I'm still undecided about what I want: the $50 special edition or the $80 rigor mortis edition. For an extra $30s, Techland/Deep Silver should of added more stuff into the rigor mortis edition.

xhunterrrr
02-05-2013, 08:56 PM
I hate to ask but does the top come off that zombie bikini torso? I'm still undecided about what I want: the $50 special edition or the $80 rigor mortis edition. For an extra $30s, Techland/Deep Silver should of added more stuff into the rigor mortis edition.

Like the bikini top? Seriously? No.

TriRock
02-07-2013, 09:42 AM
I don't understand the outcry about that bust. It's about a game where zombies rip people to pieces, which everyone is fine with, but a puppet about a human ripped to pieces is wrong?

UCanCallMeDuckey
02-17-2013, 12:08 AM
I hate the UK one and surprisingly most of the people I know/game with hate it too, I'd prefer the US version in all honesty.

Why? If it had been a male zombie torso would you feel the same way?

Ordered the USA rigor mortis edition when I first saw it. Now that I've seen the euro zombie bait one I would LOVE to own that. That is if it's ever released.

I agree the UK version IMO is better, it actually is relatable to the game since the whole point of the game is to hack up zombies. The NA version is a slap in the face, you just don't get the bang for your buck with it. I think the only thing that would have made the UK version better would be if they took the suitcase from the NA version and stored the bust in one side and the game on the other.

This would make me sad... Although I guess if I can't have it no one can :mad:

xhunterrrr
02-17-2013, 12:52 AM
Why? If it had been a male zombie torso would you feel the same way?

I agree the UK version IMO is better, it actually is relatable to the game since the whole point of the game is to hack up zombies. The NA version is a slap in the face, you just don't get the bang for your buck with it. I think the only thing that would have made the UK version better would be if they took the suitcase from the NA version and stored the bust in one side and the game on the other.

This would make me sad... Although I guess if I can't have it no one can :mad:

I like the US version. It is simple and not overly expensive. However, I canceled my preorder so I could preorder Defiance Ultimate Edition (Gamestop Exclusive).

UCanCallMeDuckey
02-17-2013, 01:20 AM
I like the US version. It is simple and not overly expensive. However, I canceled my preorder so I could preorder Defiance Ultimate Edition (Gamestop Exclusive).

If you're really into CEs you should look into checking out the offical websites. A lot of times they have exclusive content if you order direct, and they tend to be a little more fair on the price since you aren't going through a middle man.

xhunterrrr
02-17-2013, 01:32 AM
If you're really into CEs you should look into checking out the offical websites. A lot of times they have exclusive content if you order direct, and they tend to be a little more fair on the price since you aren't going through a middle man.

The Gamestop Exclusive is actually Gamestop exclusive. It is the collector's edition of Defiance plus a few extras like a messenger bag, a season pass, and a few digital odds and ends.

I have never seen a CE cheaper or with different parts at the official website compared to a retail store like Amazon or Gamestop unless it is an exclusive edition.

UCanCallMeDuckey
02-17-2013, 01:43 AM
The Gamestop Exclusive is actually Gamestop exclusive. It is the collector's edition of Defiance plus a few extras like a messenger bag, a season pass, and a few digital odds and ends.

I have never seen a CE cheaper or with different parts at the official website compared to a retail store like Amazon or Gamestop unless it is an exclusive edition.

NISA tends to give direct customers bonus goodies and they tend to be about five dollars cheaper even with shipping than if you were to get it in person at a shop.

gravelandx88
03-05-2013, 09:50 PM
Like the bikini top? Seriously? No.

I didn't think anyone would respond. I wasn't serious but your response made me laugh. Sorry.

ash3r06
04-11-2013, 08:34 PM
ill be picking up the ' boobies ' edition as i call it lol

UCanCallMeDuckey
04-13-2013, 09:56 AM
IGN did an unboxing of the Rigor Mortis Edition today. It was very painful to watch, one of the main reasons I don't care for IGN, they just rip into CE's like they are Christmas presents. The suitcase the edition comes in looks great, I just wish the bust came inside of it.

xhunterrrr
04-13-2013, 02:51 PM
IGN did an unboxing of the Rigor Mortis Edition today. It was very painful to watch, one of the main reasons I don't care for IGN, they just rip into CE's like they are Christmas presents. The suitcase the edition comes in looks great, I just wish the bust came inside of it.

I watched that and felt like crying. That guy is a fucking idiot with no respect for collectible stuff because he gets it for free. Fucking douche.

UCanCallMeDuckey
04-14-2013, 06:29 AM
I watched that and felt like crying. That guy is a fucking idiot with no respect for collectible stuff because he gets it for free. Fucking douche.

He is my least favorite of their staff. I have no doubt that he ripped the shit out of it on purpose, for two reasons:

1. It was the 360 version
2. To piss the people off that commented about how IGN bent the box during their unboxing of the Bioshock Infinite CE.

It makes me sick that people like him have a "job" involving reviewing games when they clearly treat it as just a job, and don't really care about them outside of nostalgic hoarding.

What really sucks is people like him make up 90% of the sellers on Ebay, who think they can rip something out of a box, put it up on a shelf, leave it there for ten years, let the sun strip it of color/let pets gnaw on it/let children play with it, then list it as "Like New", and try to sell it for $400 more than they paid for it.

Annalie
04-14-2013, 05:16 PM

I agree, i dont like the UK one for obvious reasons as the tacky zombie bust isn't needed. i usually dont get special editions, just the standard copies. but if i had to choose i'd get the US one.

UCanCallMeDuckey
04-14-2013, 05:18 PM
I agree, i dont like the UK one for obvious reasons. i usually dont get special editions, just the standard copies. but if i had to choose i'd get the US one.

What are these obvious reasons?

I love the UK version and wish I could get it in NA with the exception that I think it would be the best if the bust came in the suitcase.

Annalie
04-14-2013, 05:23 PM
What are these obvious reasons?

I love the UK version and wish I could get it in NA with the exception that I think it would be the best if the bust came in the suitcase.

Damn, do you have this thread on watch? anyways... i just dont like it, it's ugly. it being the bust..

UCanCallMeDuckey
04-14-2013, 05:31 PM
Damn, do you have this thread on watch? anyways... i just dont like it, it's ugly. it being the bust..

So you're saying it has nothing to do with the fact that it is a female zombie torso?

Annalie
04-14-2013, 05:38 PM
So you're saying it has nothing to do with the fact that it is a female zombie torso?

Nah, i could care less. Male or female it's pointless....i have no doubt that that's why it was thrown in there though. i had no idea that people hated it as much as i did. i hate busts in general.

but i think others went crazy about it because it was a female Torso. why not just make a full figured zombie? just smaller. or a head? oh well....

xhunterrrr
04-14-2013, 05:43 PM

I think that is the whole point of her argument. It is completely absurd, unnecessary, and has basically nothing to do with the game.

UCanCallMeDuckey
04-14-2013, 05:43 PM
I think that is the whole point of her argument. It is completely absurd, unnecessary, and has basically nothing to do with the game.

Except it has everything to do with the game... Have you ever even played Dead Island?

Nah, i could care less. Male or female it's pointless....i have no doubt that that's why it was thrown in there though. i had no idea that people hated it as much as i did. i hate busts in general.

but i think others went crazy about it because it was a female Torso. why not just make a full figured zombie? just smaller. oh well....

They did the cut up torso because that is kinda a big deal in the game, chopping the zombies into pieces, pretty much my favorite part. I can't imagine anyone played the game and didn't cut the zombies into little pieces. The whole selling point was less guns, more melee combat. Honestly I'd want the bust male or female, I think it is really cool how they made something for the CE that has relevance to the game.

xhunterrrr
04-14-2013, 05:47 PM
Except it has everything to do with the game... Have you ever even played Dead Island?

Yes. It is a cut up bust of a woman in a bikini. That does not yell "Dead Island" to me. You can't even tell it is a zombie just from the bust. It is purely there for shock value/whatever you want to call it and has nothing to do with the actual game.

UCanCallMeDuckey
04-14-2013, 05:55 PM
Yes. It is a cut up bust of a woman in a bikini. That does not yell "Dead Island" to me. You can't even tell it is a zombie just from the bust. It is purely there for shock value/whatever you want to call it and has nothing to do with the actual game.

I think we might just have to agree to disagree here. I spent endless hours cutting bikini clad zombies to mere torsos, and find the bust very relevant. Most games CE's however I find have no true relevance, so this was a great sight for sore eyes and I am sad that it is not available in North America.

http://www.metagamers.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/deadislandbikinis1.jpg

Annalie
04-14-2013, 05:57 PM

They did the cut up torso because that is kinda a big deal in the game, chopping the zombies into pieces, pretty much my favorite part. I can't imagine anyone played the game and didn't cut the zombies into little pieces. The whole selling point was less guns, more melee combat. Honestly I'd want the bust male or female, I think it is really cool how they made something for the CE that has relevance to the game.

A severed head/arm screams Dead Island more then a chopped up torso. like Xhunterrrr said, it was added for shock value and nothing more. but to each his own i guess.

UCanCallMeDuckey
04-14-2013, 06:01 PM
A severed head/arm screams Dead Island more then a chopped up torso. like Xhunterrrr said, it was added for shock value and nothing more. but to each his own i guess.

I don't see how a severed head/arm would say Dead Island and the chopped up torso doesn't. Maybe you just didn't play the game like I did. I mean after I killed a zombie I kept chopping until all that was left was the torso, and it looked exactly like the bust does hence where I find the relevance. But not everyone plays games the same I guess.

xhunterrrr
04-14-2013, 06:01 PM
Most recent CEs with statues/figures that I have bought that have more relevance to the game than this:

Defiance - hellbug figure
Bioshock Infinite - Songbird figure
Dead Space 3 - Marker statue
Tomb Raider - survival tin and Lara Croft figure
Bioshock - Big Daddy figure
Assassin's Creed 3 - flag and Connor statue

I could go on. If you are familiar with video games, all those would be instantly recognizable. The bust, without Dead Island Riptide at the bottom, does not give you any sort of impression about what game it is from. The zombie hula girl in the US version is more indicative of a zombie game than a cut up bust.

UCanCallMeDuckey
04-14-2013, 06:21 PM
Most recent CEs with statues/figures that I have bought that have more relevance to the game than this:

Defiance - hellbug figure
Bioshock Infinite - Songbird figure
Dead Space 3 - Marker statue
Tomb Raider - survival tin and Lara Croft Figure
Bioshock - Big Daddy figure
Assassin's Creed 3 - flag and Connor statue

I could go on. If you are familiar with video games, all those would be instantly recognizable. The bust, without Dead Island Riptide at the bottom, does not give you any sort of impression about what game it is from. The zombie hula girl in the US version is more indicative of a zombie game than a cut up bust.

I'm very familiar with games and I don't necessarily agree with you on what makes something relevant. Again agree to disagree I guess. I didn't even realize the bust said Dead Island on the bottom and I immediately knew what it was for.

As for the CE"S you listed:

Don't care about Defiance so I wouldn't know about it's CE

BI the statue looked cheap, and the fact the the wings were separate is a huge disappointment. Also anyone who has played the game would know that the Songbird didn't have as huge of a role in the game as it was hyped up to have.

DS3 wasn't technically a CE since you could buy the marker and other items in a separate bundle without the game, also the size of the marker was a disappointment and the price was ridiculous for what you get. Still it is relevant to the game, but I never said that it wasn't I merely stated that most CE's aren't. DS2 did have a relevant CE as well and I love the plasma cutter it came with.

TR came with an ugly overly masculine action figure of Croft. And where in the game was there a survival tin? There wasn't so the relevance just remains with the figure.

I never said Bioshock's CE wasn't relevant, although there is a disappointment for collectors when a better action figure is released later for retail in stores.

And AC well even though I own all the games I'm not really a fan so again don't really care, although in my experience most statues that come with CE's are cheap overpriced resin pieces of crap, so I'm sure that the AC one fits the same bill... Just looked at it, and I think it looks awful, but if you like it good for you. I like the bust for Riptide.

xhunterrrr
04-14-2013, 06:23 PM
I'm very familiar with games and I don't necessarily agree with you on what makes something relevant. Again agree to disagree I guess. I didn't even realize the bust said Dead Island on the bottom and I immediately knew what it was for.

As for the CE"S you listed:

Don't care about Defiance so I wouldn't know about it's CE

BI the statue looked cheap, and the fact the the wings were separate is a huge disappointment. Also anyone who has played the game would know that the Songbird didn't have as huge of a role in the game as it was hyped up to have.

DS3 wasn't technically a CE since you could buy the marker and other items in a separate bundle without the game, also the size of the marker was a disappointment and the price was ridiculous for what you get. Still it is relevant to the game, but I never said that it wasn't I merely stated that most CE's aren't. DS2 did have a relevant CE as well and I love the plasma cutter it came with.

TR came with a ugly overly masculine action figure of Croft. And where in the game was there a survival tin? There wasn't so the relevance just remains with the figure.

I never said Bioshock's CE wasn't relevant, although there is a disappointment for collectors when a better action figure is released later for retail in stores.

And AC well even though I own all the games I'm not really a fan so again don't really care, although in my experience most statues that come with CE's are cheap overpriced resin pieces of crap, so I'm sure that the AC one fits the same bill... Just looked at it, and I think it looks awful, but if you like it good for you. I like the bust for Riptide.

You seem to be mixing up how you feel about something versus recognizability.

Also, DS3 was super limited. They only made 5000.

UCanCallMeDuckey
04-14-2013, 06:27 PM
You seem to be mixing up how you feel about something versus recognizability.

I'm just disagreeing with you when it comes to the bust. I think that anyone who has really played and loved Dead Island would recognize the dismembered zombie torso as an homage to the hours of fun of hacking up zombies into nothing more than a torso in that game.

Did you not hack up the bodies in the game?

Also, DS3 was super limited. They only made 5000.

It still wasn't a CE since you could buy the items separate from the game, it was a bundle that you could add to the game or buy on its own.

xhunterrrr
04-14-2013, 06:28 PM
I'm just disagreeing with you when it comes to the bust. I think that anyone who has really played and loved Dead Island would recognize the dismembered zombie torso as an homage to the hours of fun of hacking up zombies into nothing more than a torso in that game.

Nope. I did not waste time cutting up a dead body into pieces. A little demented and a little disturbing if that is what you enjoyed most out of the game (especially if you found it most enjoyable to cut a zombie down to just a female bust).

It still wasn't a CE since you could buy the items separate from the game, it was a bundle that you could add to the game or buy on its own.

It was a Dev Team Edition, as they called it (if I remember correctly). Whether you ordered it with or without the game (you could order it without the game for those that had already ordered the game; the game and dev edition shipped separately), it has collectible items, was limited to 5000, and only sold on the EA website. Call it a collector's edition, a limited edition, a dev edition.

UCanCallMeDuckey
04-14-2013, 06:30 PM
Nope. I did not waste time cutting up a dead body into pieces. A little demented and a little disturbing if that is what you enjoyed most out of the game (especially if you found it most enjoyable to cut a zombie down to just a female bust).

Not just the females all of them.

It was a Dev Team Edition, as they called it (if I remember correctly). Whether you ordered it with or without the game (you could order it without the game for those that had already ordered the game; the game and dev edition shipped separately), it has collectible items, was limited to 5000, and only sold on the EA website. Call it a collector's edition, a limited edition, a dev edition.

It's not any of those because you can buy it without the game. It was a collectible bundle related to the game but not exclusive, therefore it is not a CE, LE, or anything else. Just because something has a limited release and is related to a game doesn't make it a CE.

Annalie
04-14-2013, 06:31 PM

Maybe once. but other then that no. i just cut up legs, arms or just the head and move on to the next one.

I was thinking the same thing but didn't want to say anything. >.>

xhunterrrr
04-14-2013, 06:35 PM
Not just the females all of them.

It's not any of those because you can buy it without the game. It was a collectible bundle related to the game but not exclusive, therefore it is not a CE, LE, or anything else. Just because something has a limited release and is related to a game doesn't make it a CE.

I don't understand that at all, but okay.

UCanCallMeDuckey
04-14-2013, 06:39 PM
I don't understand that at all, but okay.

You seem to be mixing up how you feel about something versus what makes a CE.

A CE is an exclusive release usually containing a special edition of a game, including extras that can not be obtained separately outside of that edition. You could buy the Dev pack without buying it in the bundle exclusively with the game, therefore it is not a true CE no matter how few they made.

xhunterrrr
04-14-2013, 06:39 PM
You seem to be mixing up how you feel about something versus what makes a CE.

A CE is an exclusive release usually containing a special edition of a game, including extras that can not be obtained separately outside of that edition. You could buy the Dev pack without buying it in the bundle exclusively with the game, therefore it is not a true CE no matter how few they made.

Whatever you say, bud.

UCanCallMeDuckey
04-14-2013, 06:44 PM
Whatever you say, bud.

Seriously how can you not understand that? Yes the Dev pack is limited and is very cool, but is not technically a true CE for the game, because it is not exclusively sold with the game as a CE. The minute you can buy it from a retailer separately it just becomes a limited edition item related to the game, and not a CE for the game. Do you get it now?

xhunterrrr
04-14-2013, 07:15 PM
Seriously how can you not understand that? Yes the Dev pack is limited and is very cool, but is not technically a true CE for the game, because it is not exclusively sold with the game as a CE. The minute you can buy it from a retailer separately it just becomes a limited edition item related to the game, and not a CE for the game. Do you get it now?

That still makes no sense, but I really don't want to argue semantics. You don't think it is a collector's edition. I do. Move on.

FrozenRaptorz
04-14-2013, 07:50 PM
Meh.
Could care less about the steel edition case to be honest. Maybe if they had some epic day 1 dlc we'd be talking.

UCanCallMeDuckey
04-15-2013, 06:29 AM
That still makes no sense, but I really don't want to argue semantics. You don't think it is a collector's edition. I do. Move on.

Its cool you don't understand that at all, but okay.

I just don't really get what is so hard to understand, it is not a CE for the game. it is a "Dev Pack" limited item that can be bundled with the game or sold separately. Just like you could buy a copy of Portal 2 and a limited Chell figure at the same time and it would still just be a copy of Portal 2 and a limited Chell figure, and not a CE. Even though the figure is related to the game and limited, and you can buy it at the same time as the game it is in fact a separate item. You yourself even said that the game and the Dev Pack shipped separately, solid proof that it is not a CE for the game. So do you understand now why I am right and you are misinformed? I'm just trying to help you understand Broseph.

Meh.
Could care less about the steel edition case to be honest. Maybe if they had some epic day 1 dlc we'd be talking.

I got the steel book for riptide as a preorder bonus and it looks pretty cool. I'm not really a huge fan of DLC, being a physical game collector.

gravelandx88
04-15-2013, 02:28 PM

I did in the beginning but as I was leveling into higher levels. I switch to building/stocking up on Deo-Bomb (offensive weapon) and R 870 (close encounter). I used my machete as a last resort, incase my R 870 ammo and Deo-bombs ran out. Which happened on more than one occasion because I underestimated the amount of Deo-Bombs I needed on many quests and exploring Moresby.

I felt it was more like time consuming/manual labor cutting up zombies.

Barad
04-15-2013, 09:34 PM
Headless female is a bad joke for the UK version. I'll just get the standard version like always.

seahn
04-23-2013, 01:58 AM
Thats becaue R* has balls!

To be fair though Rockstar is legendary in the industry, Techland is not. They have alot more experience and reputation to back their gigantic balls.

:P