PDA

View Full Version : Dead Island Zombie Bait Edition

Skinon
01-24-2013, 04:50 AM
OK so besides all the controversy about the bikini torso, i cant find anywhere to tell me whether they are still gonna sell it or not?

I wanna pick up a copy in NZ, but i'm sure on the status of it.

Anyonbe got any info?

iBuzz7S
01-24-2013, 04:56 AM
At the moment, I think they are taking feedback and seeing whether it will be released as it was advertised or whether they will make changes or not.

I know as much as you, so I can't really give you anything else. I personally wouldn't mind it too.

Skinon
01-24-2013, 05:01 AM
Hmm i hope they bring it out, so many babies crying over it. Might not be in the best taste but as far as zombie paraphernalia is concerned i think it's pretty sweet, plus the game should be epic, i loved the first one!

Felonious Monk
01-24-2013, 05:38 AM
Are people seriously throwing a fit over a bobblehead?

Gorilla Stomper
01-24-2013, 05:40 AM
People are still offended by the female form, huh?

Even if it is zombified, that's just silly.

DaveBodom
01-24-2013, 07:26 AM
I cant believe people would actually complain over that, especially considering the content of various zombie games etc.

Felonious Monk
01-24-2013, 07:33 AM
I cant believe people would actually complain over that, especially considering the content of various zombie games etc.
Remember the usual conversation of the parent entering a GameStop:

"Wait, I have to review with you the ESRB guidelines. This is rated 'M for Mature' and contains strong language, blood, violent images-"

"Is there sex?"

"What, no, I-"

"Is there nudity, is there anyone naked in it?"

"Well, no, it doesn't say there i-"

"Then it's not anything he's not already seen on TV. Bag it up."

USA! USA! USA!

AmbaLaBamba
01-24-2013, 08:09 AM
Are people seriously throwing a fit over a bobblehead?

It's not the bobblehead, it's the zombie bust that they're having a fit over. Personally I don't like it, not going purchase it.

Felonious Monk
01-24-2013, 08:47 AM
It's not the bobblehead, it's the zombie bust that they're having a fit over. Personally I don't like it, not going purchase it.
Oh, just hunted it down:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/01/15/uk-39-s-dead-island-riptide-special-edition-is-the-worst.aspx

Wow. Yeah. Why?

To each their own but...

Just... why?

Akuza
01-24-2013, 09:27 AM
Remember the usual conversation of the parent entering a GameStop:

"Wait, I have to review with you the ESRB guidelines. This is rated 'M for Mature' and contains strong language, blood, violent images-"

"Is there sex?"

"What, no, I-"

"Is there nudity, is there anyone naked in it?"

"Well, no, it doesn't say there i-"

"Then it's not anything he's not already seen on TV. Bag it up."

USA! USA! USA!

This, made my morning. :Bounce: haha

I can see why people would be so upset about this.

I think companies should be able to release what they want..

It would be coming out perfectly fine if it was a worldwide release for this game, nobody would say a bad word about it.

But because the release of this edition is confined to the uk and Europe, everyone's kicking off

DarnedCargo
01-24-2013, 09:44 AM
People are still offended by the female form, huh?

Even if it is zombified, that's just silly.

I was more offended by the fact they had the nerve to charge money for the hideous piece of plastic.

Akuza
01-24-2013, 10:36 AM
I was more offended by the fact they had the nerve to charge money for the hideous piece of plastic.

You realise... Things cost money to make them right?

They can't just give it you?

Although I can't understand why someone would want a torso though... :confused:

A batman statue? Sure!

Super saiyan statue? Sure!

Pirate ship statue? Sure!

Torso of a ladies body? The f***?!

Skinon
01-24-2013, 11:19 AM
I get offended by American Idol dolls, and Nicki Manij, so instead I change the channel/station and bitch about that crap to my mates.

Heaps of people like weird stuff, who am i to deprive them of it?

Skorpion XBA
01-24-2013, 11:51 AM
I don't see what the big deal is. Personally I don't like it and won't get it, but I don't see what's wrong with it if others want it.

waxc3
01-25-2013, 12:59 AM
Just looked up what this is all the controversy. I don't like that people are so upset and I don't like that they pulled it and apologized. I would buy this set in a second!

spyder2g
01-30-2013, 05:01 AM
I put this pic in a different thread I started comparing the US edition to the UK (zombie bait) edition.

http://img.game.co.uk/images/content/DeadIslandRiptideZombieBaitLarge.jpg

As far as the status goes, I managed to pre order it from game.co.uk and just checked and it's still available to pre order so there you go.